Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

On 3/22/2018 at 1:45 PM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?key=28d342ff964f10f55625a05a67b97a93&out=https://imgur.com/E8AltM9

This link from Imgur shows a list of data-mined Nintendo Switch games from February this year. In the list we Spyro Treasure Trilogy, as well as Crash Wrath of Cortex HD remake as well as Crash N-Sane Trilogy (which we know is already Switch confirmed). As well as a new Skylanders game titled Jet Warriors.

Yeah, looks like the same list I had heard about in my Discord group.

We looked at some of the names and its clearly bullshit. Also, Fire Emblem: Mutiny was debunked months ago.

This list is no better than the average "Nintendo @ E3 leak list". Someone just made up a bunch of names for different new games, threw some popular existing game names in as ports, converted them into coded numerals, and passed it off as real. That's all that happened. There's also some incredibly bad typos in there, such as "Secret of Sana: Remastered".

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

WOC could have it's vehicles fined tuned the same way NST did. As said, some could also be converted into extra hits instead of mandated ways to travel the game, which would also solve the overabundance of them. Just making Coco, the mech, and the sub optional like they did their counterparts with NST Warped would improve the game flow tremendously.

It's not just those, but WoC also suffers from fundamental issues that not many people liked. Like the bosses, the relegating of the classic villains to stage hazards, the objectives of some levels not ringing in well. It's a mess.

Also, whereas with the N-Sane trilogy, Vicarious Visions studied the classic trilogy hard. WoC again, there's  lot more to do than just translating its gameplay, at least in the sense of making one of the series' weaker games more accessible and fun.

Not saying it's impossible, just that aside from introducing and setting up characters that would later become staples to the series, I don't see much point. Kinda like 06 (though no where near as bad).

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

It's not just those, but WoC also suffers from fundamental issues that not many people liked. Like the bosses, the relegating of the classic villains to stage hazards, the objectives of some levels not ringing in well. It's a mess.

Also, whereas with the N-Sane trilogy, Vicarious Visions studied the classic trilogy hard. WoC again, there's  lot more to do than just translating its gameplay, at least in the sense of making one of the series' weaker games more accessible and fun.

Not saying it's impossible, just that aside from introducing and setting up characters that would later become staples to the series, I don't see much point. Kinda like 06 (though no where near as bad).

The objectives of the levels often just copied the original games for better or worse. I know that was a complaint in itself. The best suggestion I can make there is adding a extra challenge/item/trial like some other remakes do.

While I missed the original bosses, I feel like half of what made it a let down was that Crunch and the Elementals weren't nearly as expressive or memorable (and neither were the old bosses in their obstacle roles really). People may have missed Ripper Roo or Pinstripe in Warped but the new bosses like Dingodile and N Tropy had enough personality to compensate. Poor presentation was half of WOC's problem, and given how much was polished and given more character in the NST, I feel like that could be resolved just as easily for WOC.

Of course this is under the now unlikely possibility that a WOC remake is even a thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

To make them better? At their core they can function and be serviceble if polished and tweaked enough.
The only major problems left at that point would remain the underwhelming boss fights in both, i guess.

8 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

The objectives of the levels often just copied the original games for better or worse. I know that was a complaint in itself. The best suggestion I can make there is adding a extra challenge/item/trial like some other remakes do.

While I missed the original bosses, I feel like half of what made it a let down was that Crunch and the Elementals weren't nearly as expressive or memorable (and neither were the old bosses in their obstacle roles really). People may have missed Ripper Roo or Pinstripe in Warped but the new bosses like Dingodile and N Tropy had enough personality to compensate. Poor presentation was half of WOC's problem, and given how much was polished and given more character in the NST, I feel like that could be resolved just as easily for WOC.

Of course this is under the now unlikely possibility that a WOC remake is even a thing.

"Unlikely"? That list has Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival DX. "Unlikely" is putting it lightly.

2 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

To make them better? At their core they can function and be serviceble if polished and tweaked enough.

Sounds like an awful lot of effort for a game known virtually from announcement to be a cynical retread of the real Crash games, but it was much prettier and you could play it if you were stuck with a Gamecube. They just remade the real Crash games all in one package so they are much prettier, and they may even end up on the Switch.

To be a bit more blunt about it, who is the audience for the game everyone knows is worse than the ones that were bundled together in a remake that makes seeing it in a rumor list as a standalone release not send up red flags?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

They just remade the real Crash games all in one package so they are much prettier, and they may even end up on the Switch.

Actually,  at this point,  it's guranteed that they're coming to the Switch. 

But on everything else,  I agree with you. 

5 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

The only major problems left at that point would remain the underwhelming boss fights in both, i guess.

Not that they'd have much work to do on Enter The Dragonfly's boss.

Yes, it had one boss all game, as if it wasn't clear enough it was a rush-job.

The most potential both games have in terms of remaking them is cleaning up two unfinished games. Both were intended to be large scale versions of the original games with more extras and gameplay though ended up dumbed down from them.

Enter the Dragonfly according to data and promos is missing more than half it's levels and missions.

Wrath of Cortex is more complete (Twinsanity has more to offer in terms of unused content) but it had a few cut levels, and allegedly some planned concepts that didn't make the cut like multiplayer or the Elemental Crates. A few levels were also dumbed down by Universal's mandate.

I don't know if they are considered worth 'fixing' in an exceptional sense (I do admit I'd kinda prefer a new game altogether before either of them) though I suppose if the company wanted to continue the remake direction, it would be the step up from the trilogy remakes in terms of testing their abilities, going from solid replicas with the odd extra, to modified ironing outs that pick up the slack of the originals.

Reestablishing the franchises with remakes of the originals is enough time spent on remastering, arguably more than enough, unless they wanna knock out a CTR HD. Get Crash 1-3 and Spyro 1-3 back out there, and then make new games as though Crash 4 and Spyro 4 are being made for the first time in the current era. We don't want this series to be remakes and nostalgia forever, especially when moving past games people are actually especially nostalgic for. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Not to mention,  remakes are often best prioritized on beloved games.  It's ambitious to try and remake lacking games into gold,  but overall is kind of a potential overall waste unless that game is integral and/or has a strong enough fanbase in the first place. 

Otherwise, it's an uphill battle with the tainted reputation,  plus the likelihood of said remake still retaining integral problems.

Like seriously,  with Enter the Dragonfly,  sure getting rid of the bugs,  glitches and refining the controls will get the game to serviceable level. But serviceable isn't good enough to warrant a remake. There's the lack of bosses,  some rather lacking tunes, the story,  etc. 

And thanks to the internet, we still have those problems fresh in many's minds.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Not to mention,  remakes are often best prioritized on beloved games.  It's ambitious to try and remake lacking games into gold,  but overall is kind of a potential overall waste unless that game is integral and/or has a strong enough fanbase in the first place. 

Otherwise, it's an uphill battle with the tainted reputation,  plus the likelihood of said remake still retaining integral problems.

Like seriously,  with Enter the Dragonfly,  sure getting rid of the bugs,  glitches and refining the controls well get the game to serviceable level. But serviceable isn't good enough to warrant a remake. There's the lack of bosses,  some rather lacking tunes, the story,  etc. 

And thanks to the internet, we still have those problems fresh in many's minds.

Plus, in both Enter the Dragonfly's and Wrath of Cortex's cases, there's so much content missing and so much work to do to make those games meet the quality standards people wish they had, that the effort alone would be better used on a new game for each franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Plus, in both Enter the Dragonfly's and Wrath of Cortex's cases, there's so much content missing and so much work to do to make those games meet the quality standards people wish they had, that the effort alone would be better used on a new game for each franchise.

True. Though,  missing content,  in a case like Twinsanity would actually be considered to be a good reason for remaking the game. 

Though again,  Twinsanity had the benefit of being such a remake that the people want in far more notable mass than its predecessor. 

Twinsanity would be a tough one. Not only there are a LOT of scrapped ideas, but we have little to no context to most of these. The team would actually need to go out of their way to even have enough ideas which connect well enough with what the story was to make a remaster of such calliber.

Just now, Ratcicle King said:

Twinsanity would be a tough one. Not only there are a LOT of scrapped ideas, but we have little to no context to most of these. The team would actually need to go out of their way to even have enough ideas which connect well enough with what the story was to make a remaster of such calliber.

We don't have the context,  but thankfully quite a few staff on VV migrated from the team that made the game. And considering how even a letter was sent by one of the integral team members from the project,  Twinsanity is more so a case of actually getting greenlit.

That's just sadly unlikely because it's Activision at the helm. 

Sorry to bring the raw truth, but WoC and Twinsanity, despite the later being very nostalgic and dear to me, kinda suck, no ammount of remake can save these games. They are simply not solid like the original trilogy. I replayed both myself recently, and good Lord, are they messy. WoC is just unfun, and Twinsanity's gameplay is all over the place. The story is hillarious and the music is really great, but beyond that, it's just okay. Even if all the glitches were fixed, it's still pretty eh.

I think we had enough remakes, unless it's CTR. Then again, this is the Spyro thread! So let's talk about his remakes. I want Tom Kenny, damnit.

25 minutes ago, Jango said:

Sorry to bring the raw truth, but WoC and Twinsanity, despite the later being very nostalgic and dear to me, kinda suck, no ammount of remake can save these games. They are simply not solid like the original trilogy. I replayed both myself recently, and good Lord, are they messy. WoC is just unfun, and Twinsanity's gameplay is all over the place. The story is hillarious and the music is really great, but beyond that, it's just okay. Even if all the glitches were fixed, it's still pretty eh.

I think we had enough remakes, unless it's CTR. Then again, this is the Spyro thread! So let's talk about his remakes. I want Tom Kenny, damnit.

Well I suppose they have Jess Harnel handy for Spyro, Hunter and Sgt Bird as plan B. :P

It's difficult to say since so many of the original trilogy's VAs are veteran voice actors and still performing to this day, it just depends if they're available at the time. After all N Sane Trilogy had tons of role reprisals from previous titles, but ZERO of them from the original trilogy.

Fun Fact: Enter the Dragonfly was the only Spyro game where EVERY character kept their previous VA.

Another great video from VTNVIVI, this time we have proof from numerous sources that the Spyro Trilogy remasters are coming. From Amazon, Target and Walmart and everything seems to point to this Wednesday's Activision live-stream, which he provides the time of that live-stream in the video. So this could be it, an announcement and trailer to be shown and  made in 2 days or less than 2 days depending on how you look at it.

Now this time, THIS time is happening. If the Trilogy isn't announced this wednesday, I'll post a picture of me eating my shoe! C'MON ACTIVISION, FREE THE DRAGON.

The times for Activision's Twitch live-stream are:

4:30PM PST

7:30PM EST

6:30PM Central

12:30AM GMT

5:30PM MST

Alright guys almost 18 hours left until the Spyro Anouncement, the hype is building fast.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fingers crossed for today then. If they don't acknowledge its existence today then they're just gonna look a tad bit silly , especially after the whole Target Twitter thing.

7 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Fingers crossed for today then. If they don't acknowledge its existence today then they're just gonna look a tad bit silly , especially after the whole Target Twitter thing.

I'm guessing the Target thing was a mistake  based on internet rumors since the title for the Spyro Trilogy was proven to be fake.

• Thumbs Up 1