Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

I'm not too keen on that dynamic music idea, as seen in Sunny Flight the music almost go mute when Spyro enters a cave. On the other hand, I liked how they handled the dynamic music in Toasty. Well, I just hope there's a way to turn it on/off.

Thanks to the Spyro wiki, we finally have clear images of the three Big Bads:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180614204540

latest?cb=20180615011108

430?cb=20180613060251

Gnasty looks g(n)reat, and I love the Sorceress' more crocodile-like overhaul! (Kinda looks like a bloated Feraligatr) Still not too sure about Ripto, though.

Yeah, I don't like what they did to Ripto. His head is far too big for his body and those eyes make him look a bit too creepy...like he's one step away from turning into a giant mutant chimera or something.

38 minutes ago, MightyRay said:

Yeah, I don't like what they did to Ripto. His head is far too big for his body and those eyes make him look a bit too creepy...like he's one step away from turning into a giant mutant chimera or something.

Maybe you're already covered...

latest?cb=20160517103108

• Chuckle 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2018 at 4:16 PM, Jango said:

I'm not too keen on that dynamic music idea, as seen in Sunny Flight the music almost go mute when Spyro enters a cave. On the other hand, I liked how they handled the dynamic music in Toasty. Well, I just hope there's a way to turn it on/off.

I for one like the idea of dynamic music after all a lot of series' use it like Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank Future, The Legend of Spyro etc.

On 6/17/2018 at 10:41 PM, Forte-Metallix said:

Thanks to the Spyro wiki, we finally have clear images of the three Big Bads:

Hide contents

latest?cb=20180614204540

latest?cb=20180615011108

430?cb=20180613060251

Gnasty looks g(n)reat, and I love the Sorceress' more crocodile-like overhaul! (Kinda looks like a bloated Feraligatr) Still not too sure about Ripto, though.

Gnasty Gnorc and Ripto I'm fine with, but the Sorceress seems off. I'll just have to wait and see some gameplay before deciding what I think.

Also a new dragon design has appeared on Twitter via the official Spyro Twitter account.

For some reason I embedded the Tweet and it isn't working for me. All there is, is a line with the site's background showing through. Maybe it'll work for you guys, but it's not with me.

43 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Do it as a link while the embed system is broken.

https://twitter.com/SpyroTheDragon/status/1012052232601100288

Hey, that's a spiffy looking redesi--oh wait no I don't want to read the comments

I didn't know the embed system was broken, how long has that been going on? Because I just embedded a YouTube video the other day and it worked just fine.

36 minutes ago, KHCast said:

The Spyro Twitter seems to be making a deal about the e+10 rating. Wonder why 

I was actually going to mention that until I found out that the embed system wasn't working.

It's like his Hero's Tail design got hit with the ugly stick.

For the record, I completely condone hitting characters with ugly sticks, did Vector and Dingodile wonders for their popularity. 

Maybe now we'll finally see Spyro 2 and 3 after this. After all Gnasty Gnorc is the final boss in the 1st Spyro and the fact their showing him is an indicator of the end of Spyro 1 footage outside a new trailer.

22 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

I'm starting to understand why the dragons thought he was ugly enough to banish. Jokes aside, this look suits him just fine, seeing how he's supposed to be both ugly and intimidating. Way better than Hero's Tail.  And I'm loving that club/staff!

#JusticeforGuhnasty

IMO, he looks great!! I really, reaaaally hope Toys for Bob can go a step further with the opening cutscene and give Gnasty Gnorc a better backstory by actually showing it. The manual explains beautifully his reasons and how he learned to cast the spell that trapped the dragons inside crystals and even says that Spyro "dodged" the spell beam because, well, he is short. The manual also makes it clear that his army of gnorcs are actually GEMS that he transformed into creatures with yet another spell (the guy is good!). And that he hated the gems because it reflected his ugly face. It's genius! Would love a cutscene showing Gnasty reading some books and experimenting spells and eventually, one day, he casts the spell getting all the dragons off guard. Imagine the dragons minding their own business (especially now that they have "jobs") and then ZAP. 

Please TFB!

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Jango said:

The manual also makes it clear that his army of gnorcs are actually GEMS that he transformed into creatures with yet another spell (the guy is good!).

That actually makes sense why gems come out of the gnorcs, but doesn't explain the other enemies dropping gems. Unless it's like Sly or Ratchet where the enemies drop coins and bolts after being defeated.

I guess so. Still, it's a nice touch. Maybe the other enemies simply stole the gems instead. But when you knock down gnorcs and gems come out of them, it makes perfect sense. Spyro clearly is a special dragon, he can reverse spells by simply touching and torching things!

Speaking of the opening cutscene, oh man. I have it all writen in my mind, would love to direct it. 

So apparently Tealgamemaster on YouTube managed to play over an hour of Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Now he didn't directly confirm anything, but he did say some things that we haven't heard previously about the trilogy. So I recommend you guys to watch his video which is in the above Tweet.

In addition to Dark Hollow we now have the Sunny Flight OST. To me this sounds better than Dark Hollow. Actuallly I like both really well so it's really hard to choose. Thanks goes to Josh Gaming for the soundtrack. 

Also Happy 4th of July From Spyro The Dragon.

On 7/3/2018 at 9:28 PM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

So apparently Tealgamemaster on YouTube managed to play over an hour of Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Now he didn't directly confirm anything, but he did say some things that we haven't heard previously about the trilogy. So I recommend you guys to watch his video which is in the above Tweet.

Over an hour, sweet jesus. On a scale from 1% to 100%, I am 100% jealous. Ugh.

https://comiccon2018.sched.com/event/FQnH

There's gonna be a Spyro panel at San Diego Comic Con where there'll be a discussion about the development of both the original trilogy and the Reignited Trilogy.

People from Insomniac and Toys for Bob will be there, along with Tom Kenny, Michael John (former head of Universal Interactive) and Stewart Copeland.

6 minutes ago, AlphaRuby said:

https://comiccon2018.sched.com/event/FQnH

There's gonna be a Spyro panel at San Diego Comic Con where there'll be a discussion about the development of both the original trilogy and the Reignited Trilogy.

People from Insomniac and Toys for Bob will be there, along with Tom Kenny, Michael John (former head of Universal Interactive) and Stewart Copeland.

I knew it, it's happening same as with the Crash Bandicoot panel last year. Theres bound to be a trailer there, maybe. 

Wait a minute. AND STEWART COPELAND????? 

Yep, classic soundtrack toggle confirmed. 

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Wait a minute. AND STEWART COPELAND????? 

Yep, classic soundtrack toggle confirmed. 

Not at all, the pannel is about the development of both the original and the new one, which is why some Insomniac and Universal members are part of it along with VV. Copeland is there to discuss the making of the original trilogy.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Ratcicle King said:

Not at all, the pannel is about the development of both the original and the new one, which is why some Insomniac and Universal members are part of it along with VV. Copeland is there to discuss the making of the original trilogy.

Well according to VTNVIVI and Canadian Guy Eh's estimation for when Ripto's Rage gameplay would get shown, one of those estimation's happened to be SDCC along with Gamescom (for Year of the Dragon) and another PAX event serving as the other estimated events.