Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, KHCast said:

Well the outcome of this situation was apparent, so not sure why TFB didn’t just keep quiet and delay the game to only then explain the situation of why they did it. I have to wonder if TFB would have went along with this had the backlash not ensued. Again, great that they did it, but this is still a bare minimum thing that should just be. I just find it hard to celebrate, and find myself just going “good, about time.”

A couple of things

-The whole Downloadable only thing most likely DIDN'T come from TFB, but from Activision so revealing it or delaying the game wasn't really something in their power

-Pretty sure the only reason they managed to get the delay in the first place was because of the backlash, so they couldn't just keep it quiet and ask for a delay.

Really, I'm not trying to sound like an apologist or anything, but it's rather hard to believe the team who's shown nothing but passion and respect for this project so far suddenly did a 180° and got super scammy, instead believing of Activision, which has a clear history of being greedy fucks and fucking over franchises for dumb reasons, did their usual bullshit and only backed away after a LOT of backlash and possible profit loss.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shit son, TfB have major balls if the scenario @Ratcicle King proposed is true. But I think it's more likely that Activision felt the backlash and changed plans by themselves rather than TfB going after them and demanding more time to fit all three games (most of it at least, the IGN article says you'll still have to download something) inside a single disk. It's just amazing that they realized how absurd their original plan was and actually changed it.

In the end, it worked for both ends.

I can't really complain about the developers prioritising quality over a quick release, so many other games really should have done so. I feel like Crash N Sane Trilogy really should have had an extra month or two to give it a bit extra polish.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is a bummer for sure but its good that the trend seems to be leaning towards " lets get this right" and not "we gotta get it out on time". Glad publishers and devs are starting to think this way.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Jango said:

Shit son, TfB have major balls if the scenario @Ratcicle King proposed is true. But I think it's more likely that Activision felt the backlash and changed plans by themselves rather than TfB going after them and demanding more time to fit all three games (most of it at least, the IGN article says you'll still have to download something) inside a single disk. It's just amazing that they realized how absurd their original plan was and actually changed it.

In the end, it worked for both ends.

If the delay is in fact for the download thing, then the scenario I said is most likely true, since the only source we have on this that says the delay is for the download thing, also explicitly states TFB have been fighting for a delay for a while now. We can't really cherry pick, either it's all bullshit or it's the truth.

They've been working on this since... late 2015-ish, right? Basically the same ammount of time the original team of Insomniac took to develop all three games aswell. Surely they were creating a new IP for a new system, but hey, I'm okay with the delay, no matter the reason. 

I hope we get at least a demo next month to compensate :P

Been hearing a lot of conflicting secondhand info on whether or not the delay means all three games will be on disc. If so, the game is officially back on my radar. If not, however, then it stays in the "wait for a price drop" section.

Either way, however, I'm not getting my hopes up too high right at this moment. But I am at least intrigued.

Okay guys apparently there will be a livestream of the entire Gamescom event, starting at 5 AM EST Tuesday morning. Now I can't watch it because that's Way to early for me, so as I usually miss when an announcement or a trailer gets released anyway. I'll find out afterward as usual (sometimes an hour or more later, sometimes I get lucky in just a few minutes afterward).

Anyways there's no specific time when they'll show Spyro, so I guess we'll just have to see what Tuesday brings. Plus there could be a chance that Spyro will get a new trailer at Gamescom, of course I'm not sure how many other games do. I do know Sly 4, Ratchet & Clank PS4 and I think Sonic Boom got trailers in their respective years.

Yeah, that's early for me, too, so I'll probably skip out as well. I can always find out later.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SonicWind said:

Yeah, that's early for me, too, so I'll probably skip out as well. I can always find out later.

I pretty much do that all the time. It's like the announce day for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, I woke up and everyone was already talking about the leaked screenshots on here plus VTNVIVi and I'm sure other Spyro YouTuber's had videos talking about it too. Way before I did, same went for the Sonic 25th party at SDCC as I waited until the next day to see the trailers.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:56 PM, Jango said:

It's just amazing that they realized how absurd their original plan was and actually changed it.

Not like they didn't already know. More like, unlike with CoD, they found they didn't have an audience as apathetic as the crud they were getting away with.

And the fact that a download is still required doesn't leave them in the clear either.

New figure announced:

And a limited-edition version with Sparx!

Looks neat, but I'm still waiting for that leaked NECA action figure to be revealed.

• Thumbs Up 2

What looks to be an updated version of the cover was found at the bottom of an EB Games Australia in-Store advertisement. I tapped on the image, zoomed in on it and found no mention of a download being required from what I can make out. 

Look at the bottom where it says “pre-order special edition”. Again, you’ll have to zoom in. 

Imgur album comparison. 

https://www.imgur.com/a/fgEmHVz

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay guys we finally got our first look at Sheila the Kangaroo. Plus 10 screenshots from Spyro 2 and 3.

So overall I like what their doing with Year of the Dragon. As for Sheila's design I like it, I was worried that I wouldn't but it's obviously not the case. So it's obvious to me that their showing the levels from the first homeworld first then move onto other levels later. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

We've also got some off screen gameplay of Sunny Villa. Plus more screenshots from Cloud Spires.

Oh God what they've done to Sheila... She's dressed like the Crocodile Dundee... I get the reference, but... I dunno, not a huge fan.

EVERYTHING ELSE, THO'. Freaking sweet, I'm in love with Sunny Villa and Cloud Spires (where's the rain, tho'???).

Also, Winter Tundra looks so amazing, so amazing 😭 So does Magma Cone. The enemies design also looks great.

I need a demooo!

WOAAAAAHWHOAHAHAHHAH:

Memes aside, I think this suits him just fine- Stoner face and all. Certainly not as bad as it could've been:

Spoiler

EGPnkLpkzH6w2JY9g40h06SD9Ehjmp0E01h0jGqhGD0.jpg?w=768&s=f9fc7290bba656d0ae1dc5fc6a018181

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

WOAAAAAHWHOAHAHAHHAH:

Memes aside, I think this suits him just fine- Stoner face and all. Certainly not as bad as it could've been:

Hide contents

EGPnkLpkzH6w2JY9g40h06SD9Ehjmp0E01h0jGqhGD0.jpg?w=768&s=f9fc7290bba656d0ae1dc5fc6a018181

Also did anyone else notice the text box in the new Hunter image. They seem to be sticking to how the text box was in the original, in terms of color and design. It could be because of all the complaints about the text boxes seen in the Spyro 2 Reignited gameplay.