Jump to content
Polkadi~☆

Sonic Racing Rumors - "It's happening, FOOLS!"

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SaberX said:

While Forces well...better just keep this game away from this racing stuff. Nothing good comes from a character like Infinite driving a car.

Speak for yourself. I'm hoping for Buddy and Infinite as playable characters and a track based on Metropolis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this does wind up being revealed at the SXSW Gaming Expo, I wonder if Aaron will in some silly way acknowledge all of the rumors that have built up ever since he deconfirmed "another SART".

Something kinda like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaberX said:

Duh.

But why stop here, why don't let people expect things like Mephiles or Elise?

Because Infinite and the avatar are currently relevant to the franchise while Mephiles and Elise aren't?

I know you weren't talking to me, but that is a serious point to keep in mind. As shown by Sonic Dash, Mario and Sonic Rio (for the Zeti for both, for Sticks in the latter) and Mario and Sonic Winter (remember when they promoted Sonic Chronicles in that? Most people forget), they don't shy away from using games to promote the new hot thing in the franchise, and they fall squarely under that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Infinite's from the most recently-released game, I don't see how you can be any more relevant than that. Whether you like him or not doesn't really come into play. People were hoping for the Hard-boiled Heavies to get in, if there's nothing wrong with that there shouldn't be anything wrong with hoping for or expecting Infinite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SaberX said:

Wrong guess. I'm not against about what people like or dislike, want or not.

If you're so "not against" it, why have you made all this fuss just when someone said "speak for yourself"?

1 minute ago, SaberX said:

And...I'm not so sure if being on the last game is "relevant to the franchise", unless I'm missing something.

rel·e·vant
 
adjective
  1. closely connected or appropriate to what is being done or considered.
    "what small companies need is relevant advice"
    • appropriate to the current time, period, or circumstances; of contemporary interest.

does this not describe Forces and it's characters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I'm confused. Is Aaron lying to us?

If the new karting game gets revealed next month he'll go on the stream and say "Oh, I said SART not *insert name of Sonic Karting game here*".
 

That's what I'm thinking too. If it's a Sonic-only racing game, it technically isn't a successor to SART.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, R.C. said:

That's what I'm thinking too. If it's a Sonic-only racing game, it technically isn't a successor to SART.

 

7 minutes ago, SaberX said:

At this point yeah, I'm almost sure hes playing with words and messing with us.

That's...really something. Some people might see it as an innocent joke to prevent further rumors and leaks, but I just see it as Aaron treating the fans like idiots.

The play on words doesn't matter because the implications are the same, and it just comes off as a lie. I'm sorry if this is getting off topic, but I just had to say it. Aaron shouldn't have said anything, just like most companies do when their games get leaked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

That's...really something. Some people might see it as an innocent joke to prevent further rumors and leaks, but I just see it as Aaron treating the fans like idiots.

The play on words doesn't matter because the implications are the same, and it just comes off as a lie. I'm sorry if this is getting off topic, but I just had to say it. Aaron shouldn't have said anything like most companies do when their games get leaked.

It could be warranted if the gameplay style ends up being drastically different to All-Stars Racing (i.e. more in the vein of Riders / Rivals).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 If anything, he wasn't lying really. If anything,  he's specifying it's not gonna be a SEGA all-stars romp.

I mean, he didn't even deny that it's going to be as racing game. 

I mean,  unless it turns out to actually be a SART game, calling "liar foul", on Aaron for a legitimate response he made to the situation ends up coming off as misguided and a bout of faulty conjecture, grasping at straws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

It still would have been better to just not say anything. If you're gonna confirm or un-confirm something, you shouldn't half-ass it.

 He wasn't even doing that. He explicitly stated it's not another SART. Straightforward and honest till proven otherwise. Don't know what more you'd want that's within his legal position to reveal. :U

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking forward to a potential racer with only Sonic characters. I'd like to see where they have multiple vehicles such as cars, bikes/quads, and the free riders boards rather than everyone having cars aside from a few characters. 

 

Would Love A Lineup Of -

Sonic, Knux, Tails, Big, Shadow, Infinite, Robotnik, Silver, Blaze, Rogue, Omega, Fang/Nack, Mighty, Vector w/Charmy as Passenger, Espio, Amy, Cream, Jet, Wave, Storm and would love if they threw in some comic characters as a nod to fans of the books. Prob won't happen but a guy can wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaberX said:

Another funny point in this is that he doesn't even need to give an answer to all those speculation.

Yeah,  he's not under any obligation whatsoever. Hell,  even if he was lying, would people really expect him to spoil a secret. 

And considering how plenty of other game companies lie blatantly to the general gaming public you hide secret reveals and whatnot, going after SEFA exclusively for that kind of stuff would be hypocritical to say the least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Don't know what more you'd want that's within his legal position to reveal. :U

Nothing. I'd rather he say nothing at all. What's being half-assed is this weird in-between telling us what's going on and not telling us, and the idea of trying to play it off as this quirky "haha youll see later boys ;)" isn't coy at all. If you're going to address a rumor, you either confirm or deny it. Otherwise, don't address it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

 If anything, he wasn't lying really. If anything,  he's specifying it's not gonna be a SEGA all-stars romp.

I mean, he didn't even deny that it's going to be as racing game. 

I mean,  unless it turns out to actually be a SART game, calling "liar foul", on Aaron for a legitimate response he made to the situation ends up coming off as misguided and a bout of faulty conjecture, grasping at straws. 

2

Aaron specifically said "SART" which is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, there's no SEGA in the title like the previous one, so no I don't think he was specifying that it's not going to be a SEGA All-Stars romp.

Putting that aside though, my point is that Aaron probably didn't intend any harm with his tweet, but the next time a rumor like this emerges and Aaron tweets something similar, I'm gonna be more than a bit skeptical. I've lost a bit of the trust I had in Aaron.

It's not as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be, but I just needed to get it out of my system cause I was really annoyed by Aaron when I saw more rumors about a Sonic Racing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Nothing. I'd rather he say nothing at all.

That doesn't really make much sense. You're suggesting he should just leave a rumor grow and fester rather than inform clearly what it's not, so that people don't get their hopes too up.

 

3 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

What's being half-assed is this weird in-between telling us what's going on and not telling us, and the idea of trying to play it off as this quirky "haha youll see later boys ;)"

Except that's not even what he did in this case. He just stomped a rumor flat and confirmed it not to be a thing. You do realize the plethora of reasons for de-confirming rumors especially if they're false in a business sense right?

 

5 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

If you're going to address a rumor, you either confirm or deny it.

3 hours ago, Patron said:
3 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

 

 

 

He confirms the rumor ain't the truth plain and simple. Again, I think you're getting a bit overtly demanding considering how one can't really go further than explicitly stating a rumor isn't a thing.

6 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Aaron specifically said "SART" which is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, there's no SEGA in the title like the previous one, so no I don't think he was specifying that it's not going to be a SEGA All-Stars romp.

You're a bit mistaken with my post there. The first bit I mentioned which you're referring to only applies in the sense that it's a kart racer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

That doesn't really make much sense. You're suggesting he should just leave a rumor grow and fester rather than inform clearly what it's not, so that people don't get their hopes too up.

Except with this fragmented information people are getting weird expectations anyway.

10 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Except that's not even what he did in this case. He just stomped a rumor flat and confirmed it not to be a thing. You do realize the plethora of reasons for de-confirming rumors especially if they're false in a business sense right?

Except the rumor was not "there's specifically a sequel to ASRT coming out and it's the only racing game Sonic gets", which is what he addressed. Deconfirming specifically a transformed sequel when the question was about a new racing game featuring Sonic is just trying to have your cake and eat it when you could either say "there's no racing game" or say nothing.

10 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

He confirms the rumor ain't the truth plain and simple. Again, I think you're getting a bit overtly demanding considering how one can't really go further than explicitly stating a rumor isn't a thing.

Because the rumor of a Sonic racing game is still here, isn't it? People are using this tweet as confirmation, it hasn't reduced anything. If he wanted to not get people's hopes up he should have said "there is no new racing game". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Except with this fragmented information people are getting weird expectations anyway.

 It's not fragmented. He stated clearly "no" on the rumor.

14 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Except the rumor was not "there's specifically a sequel to ASRT coming out

Actually,  I'm correlation to the racing game rumor,  there was one pertaining to SART. That's the one he addressed. You can't dog him for that just because you might have been unaware of such. 

 

14 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Deconfirming specifically a transformed sequel when the question was about a new racing game featuring

 Ignoring the rumor he was actually responding to,  this isn't an AMA where he's obligated to answer every question that comes his way,  nor is he always permitted ether. 

Maybe it is still a racing game? Who knows, but there's no reason outside of personal consumer desires for him to reveal what the game is outside of just confirming what it isn't. 

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill on this one. 

14 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Because the rumor of a Sonic racing game is still here, isn't it?

 And with that,  there's nothing wrong. 

 

14 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

If he wanted to not get people's hopes up he should have said "there is no new racing game". 

 If it actually is a racing game,  then he'd actually be lying to the degree mislead folk accuse him of,  and I'm sure he doesn't want that. 

Besides,  of course you want people's hype and hopes up for whatever type of genre this game is,  so not wanting to get their hopes up for a racing game wouldn't make sense on his part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

 It's not fragmented. He stated clearly "no" on the rumor.

He said no to a rumor, not the one that mattered or would actually give us information worth having. Imagine if we heard Taxman and Stealth were working on a new Sonic project, Aaron tweeted "There is no Sonic Mania 2" and suddenly we got Sonic Mania 2 with the title "Sonic 4: Episode 3". Would that really have been worth addressing when it basically meant nothing in the longrun? Because as far as you or I know, that's basically what's happening here.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Actually,  I'm correlation to the racing game rumor,  there was one pertaining to SART. That's the one he addressed. You can't dog him for that just because you might have been unaware of such. 

Then I can certainly criticize him for being a terrible judge of which rumors to address and how to do so.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

 Ignoring the rumor he was actually responding to,  this isn't an AMA where he's obligated to answer every question that comes his way,  nor is he always permitted ether. 

Yet he chose to answer this, and what have we learned? Well, there's probably no SEGA characters, but Larry filled us in on that one. But we're still left with a racing game with Sonic characters developed by Sumo. So what was the point of saying this other than causing meaningless confusion, and making it clear we're never gonna just get a straight answer? I'm pretty sure people asking if Sumo were developing a Sonic racing title were not going to instantly be uninterested the moment they learned it was not an exact follow-up to ASRT, and that's the only thing he addressed, meaning that the only people with any real confirmation are the ones who wondered about that very specific possibility.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Maybe it is still a racing game? Who knows, but there's no reason outside of personal consumer desires for him to reveal what the game is outside of just confirming what it isn't. 

Yeah? But what it isn't encompasses literally infinite possibilities, yet this was the one he chose.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

 If it actually is a racing game,  then he'd actually be lying to the degree mislead folk accuse him of,  and I'm sure he doesn't want that. 

Besides,  of course you want people's hype and hopes up for whatever type of genre this game is,  so not wanting to get their hopes up for a racing game wouldn't make sense on his part. 

If he didn't want to not get people's hopes up, why would he deny anything in the first place?

More importantly, not only is this company no stranger to lying to us about announcements, but would it not be a bigger surprise to say that nothing of the sort is happening and then bring it out anyway? A deconfirmation of something is not a confirmation of something else.

The moment he made the tweet people labelled it as a deliberate misdirect so as to say "well it's not a transformed racing game..." and you think he wouldn't be able to anticipate that and thought to phrase things in such a way that there would be no misconception that such a thing existed? The fact is, it is so obvious that he's sidestepping giving a real answer that he would have been better off lying and making the surprise more impactful, or keeping it a secret and not stirring the tides of speculation any more than the little details we already have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

He said no to a rumor, not the one that mattered or would actually give us information worth having.

In your eyes, that may be "the one that mattered". If that's your main gripe at him not answering the question you wanted answered, i don't know what to tell ya, bud.

 

2 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Imagine if we heard Taxman and Stealth were working on a new Sonic project, Aaron tweeted "There is no Sonic Mania 2" and suddenly we got Sonic Mania 2 with the title "Sonic 4: Episode 3".

You'll need to be a bit more descriptive with that example, unless that's really all there is to it. Cause as it is, that sounds more like a ploy to set people up for a surprise without even lying. Yet another common business tactic that you'd be hypocritical, throwing shade at just Aaron for doing so.

6 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Because as far as you or I know, that's basically what's happening here.

Actually no. We don't even know if we're even getting announcement. The rumor you're specifically interested in, pertains to hearsay at best.

9 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Then I can certainly criticize him for being a terrible judge of which rumors to address and how to do so.

10 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Yet he chose to answer this,

10 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

yet this was the one he chose.

So, basically, most of your issues just boil down to Aaron cleverly responding to a rumor that wouldn't spoil too much, which I'm guessing is what you wanted in the first place if not for him to say nothing instead. Which again, doesn't make sense.

 

14 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

. But we're still left with a racing game with Sonic characters developed by Sumo.

Look back and realize it's all rumors. All rumors you're working off of there. Aaron confirms it's not SART. Plain and simple, and he's likely not lying.

 

15 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

So what was the point of saying this other than causing meaningless confusion,

You mean aside from how companies can thrive off of that? I mean, Jesus man. We live in an era where Nintendo are practically the kings of that business sport. Of course, best to do so before it's revealed.

It keeps people interested or uninterested in racing games for the time being, talking up a storm about it.

It's elementary why there's no logical business reason to spoil the genre. And why it's perfectly fine to negate rumors that are just flat out wrong. Again, you're making a mountain out of a benign mole hill in spades here Shaddy.

19 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

If he didn't want to not get people's hopes up, why would he deny anything in the first place?

Ahem:

43 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Besides,  of course you want people's hype and hopes up for whatever type of genre this game is,  so not wanting to get their hopes up for a racing game wouldn't make sense on his part. 

I think you may have missed the part where I mentioned why he wants to keep certain hopes up for the particular genre in mind. Or at least, how he has no reason to squander those hopes in specific. :U

 

23 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

A deconfirmation of something is not a confirmation of something else.

I've never stated such and have no idea where this even came from.

 

23 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

More importantly, not only is this company no stranger to lying to us about announcements, but would it not be a bigger surprise to say that nothing of the sort is happening and then bring it out anyway?

That's not the point of my debate with you. Though that was addressed earlier to others. Basically, this in correlation to what we actually know, and what rumors have leaked. Not to mention the hypocrisy of going after just one company for it.

29 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

The moment he made the tweet people labelled it as a deliberate misdirect so as to say "well it's not a transformed racing game..." and you think he wouldn't be able to anticipate that and thought to phrase things in such a way that there would be no misconception that such a thing existed? The fact is, it is so obvious that he's sidestepping giving a real answer that he would have been better off lying and making the surprise more impactful, or keeping it a secret and not stirring the tides of speculation any more than the little details we already have. 

And let's get to the heart of the matter. In Aaron's position, that might be one of the most horrendously stupid actions to take.

First, you're proposing all this without knowing what his liberties or directives are.

Secondly, have you forgotten that keeping the audiences guessing is kind of in the job description at times? Especially if the company wills it. Like we've gone over this before, confusion before the reveal keeps people abuzz and talking about something in the hype for its debut.

Third, "real answer" =/= the answer you specifically want. He gave a clear answer that sets some things straight. There's no sensible reason at this stage of the game to go and blurt out "yes" or "no" to everything as your plan is suggesting.

Come on, you've got to think more in-depth and layered than that, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

In your eyes, that may be "the one that mattered". If that's your main gripe at him not answering the question you wanted answered, i don't know what to tell ya, bud.

Tell me. When people were speculating here, was the information that they needed to hear that there was or was not a Sonic racing game that may or may not contain SEGA characters, or were people debating whether specifically a direct follow-up to Transformed and nothing else was coming? Because I'm pretty sure it's the former.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

You'll need to be a bit more descriptive with that example, unless that's really all there is to it. Cause as it is, that sounds more like a ploy to set people up for a surprise without even lying. Yet another common business tactic that you'd be hypocritical, throwing shade at just Aaron for doing so.

Except in all but name that would be the exact game he denied, so why even bother putting up the facade of not straight-up lying to people? There's doing something potentially risky, and then there's doing something risky and attempting to cover it up so poorly that it looks worse than if you'd had no shame about it.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

So, basically, most of your issues just boil down to Aaron cleverly responding to a rumor that wouldn't spoil too much, which I'm guessing is what you wanted in the first place if not for him to say nothing instead. Which again, doesn't make sense.

Except it didn't "not spoil too much", it basically told us nothing because nobody was really expecting it to mean a direct and functionally similar sequel to Transformed specifically. He might as well have said "Well I've seen the rumors and no, it's not Sonic and the Last of the Mohicans" for all the fucking difference it makes. So why even bother?

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

It's elementary why there's no logical business reason to spoil the genre. And why it's perfectly fine to negate rumors that are just flat out wrong.

Then why did he carefully sidestep actually mentioning the Heroes remake rumors by name? Why phrase it as "SART" instead of just Sonic All-Stars Racing? If there's really nothing going on here, this conversation wouldn't be happening, plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Ahem:

I think you may have missed the part where I mentioned why he wants to keep certain hopes up for the particular genre in mind. Or at least, how he has no reason to squander those hopes in specific. :U

I think you misread "didn't want to not get people's hopes up" as "didn't want to get people's hopes up". If he wants to get people hyped then he should have phrased things differently or, again, not said anything and not tried to squish any racing-specifc rumors he didn't have to. Or hell, saying he can't speak on the matter in itself is an answer, why not do that and actually get people thinking more than this weird in-between.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

I've never stated such and have no idea where this even came from.

And I implied nothing of the sort. Contextually I'm trying to say that people from day 1 took the deconfirmation of "SART" to mean the confirmation of some other Sonic or SASR game, and I feel that it shouldn't be that hard to see coming from Aaron's perspective and some different wording would have made it much clearer what could and could not be revealed.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

That's not the point of my debate with you. Though that was addressed earlier to others. Basically, this in correlation to what we actually know, and what rumors have leaked. Not to mention the hypocrisy of going after just one company for it.

Okay I'm not acting like other companies don't do this though? I'm saying it's not unreasonable to expect it here, and that again in turn makes me wonder why they'd even bother putting up the facade when it's so fucking obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.