Jump to content
Polkadi~☆

Sonic Racing Rumors - "It's happening, FOOLS!"

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Tell me. When people were speculating here, was the information that they needed to hear that there was or was not a Sonic racing game that may or may not contain SEGA characters, or were people debating whether specifically a direct follow-up to Transformed and nothing else was coming?

Not necessarily either. Clearly you wanted one of those things, but that wasn't really Aaron's intent going off of things, to address either of those theories going about.

You really nee to just leave it be as simple as it is. A confirmation that it's not SART. There doesn't need to be some big conspiracy out of it either. I get that you're disappointed that it's not the case, but that's no reason to try and rag Aaron through the mud.

10 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Except in all but name that would be the exact game he denied, so why even bother putting up the facade of not straight-up lying to people?

Hold on. Now you're moving goal posts here. Because that implies we actually are getting a Sonic and SEGA racing game, just under a different name. When your argument from the beginning was him not being clear in the first place.

 

12 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

basically told us nothing because nobody was really expecting it to mean a direct and functionally similar sequel to Transformed specifically.

Okay, now that's just a blatant contradiction of the facts. There were countless people clamoring for a threequel to the Sonic and SEGA Allstars racing brand when the idea of this being a racing game entered the picture. You'd have to have been not paying attention if you're under the ideal that there wasn't buzz about this potentially being such before Aaron stepped in to settle the score on that one.

 

49 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Okay I'm not acting like other companies don't do this though? I'm saying it's not unreasonable to expect it here, and that again in turn makes me wonder why they'd even bother putting up the facade when it's so fucking obvious.

If you're unaware of the business reasons for doing so, I don't know what to tell ya. You do you, I guess.

51 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

And I implied nothing of the sort. Contextually I'm trying to say that people from day 1 took the deconfirmation of "SART" to mean the confirmation of some other Sonic or SASR game, and I feel that it shouldn't be that hard to see coming from Aaron's perspective and some different wording would have made it much clearer what could and could not be revealed.

It's about as ludicrous an overlap as when fans mistook Tangle's shadow to be a sign that Sally was coming, so no, I don't blame Aaron on that one either.

26 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Why phrase it as "SART" instead of just Sonic All-Stars Racing? If there's really nothing going on here, this conversation wouldn't be happening, plain and simple.

Congratulations, you've just proved my point. Though I think it's obvious that SART stands for the Allstars Racing Transformed which the rumor in question was about, it just goes to show, even you're talking more about it, with it still being a mystery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Not necessarily either. Clearly you wanted one of those things, but that wasn't really Aaron's intent going off of things, to address either of those theories going about.

I don't see how exactly you're more qualified to speak what Aaron's intent was than I am. Personally it's not even about what I want, other than for people to either answer the questions people are actually asking, or not.

Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

You really nee to just leave it be as simple as it is. A confirmation that it's not SART.

And that's worth basically nothing, which, again, highlights how pointless it is.

Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

There doesn't need to be some big conspiracy out of it either. I get that you're disappointed that it's not the case, but that's no reason to try and rag Aaron through the mud.

I don't need the condescending "you want it to be malicious" remarks, first off. Second, I'm not trying to "rag Aaron through the mud" (drag?), I'm just criticizing the handling of this particular response, because it really doesn't help anything.

Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Hold on. Now you're moving goal posts here. Because that implies we actually are getting a Sonic and SEGA racing game, just under a different name. When your argument from the beginning was him not being clear in the first place.

I'd honestly say it's pretty obvious Sumo is making a Sonic racing game here. If I'm wrong, then fuck it, whatever, but I believe that's what it is, which makes Aaron's tweet a deliberate misdirect to not confirm that's what it is without lying, but is so conspicuous that it feels patronizing, and it makes me wonder what the hell the point is.

Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Okay, now that's just a blatant contradiction of the facts. There were countless people clamoring for a threequel to the Sonic and SEGA Allstars racing brand when the idea of this being a racing game entered the picture. You'd have to have been not paying attention if you're under the ideal that there wasn't buzz about this potentially being such before Aaron stepped in to settle the score on that one.

A new 'Sonic & All-Stars Racing game' and 'a direct follow-up to ASRT' are different things. If people can be so specific to think that the T in "No SART" automatically confirms a new Sonic racing game, I don't see any problem in myself making the distinction.

Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

If you're unaware of the business reasons for doing so, I don't know what to tell ya. You do you, I guess.

The "business reasons" aren't what I'm taking issue with here. It's not an issue of not understanding why they did this, it's not agreeing with it.

Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

It's about as ludicrous an overlap as when fans mistook Tangle's shadow to be a sign that Sally was coming, so no, I don't blame Aaron on that one either.

Which wasn't ludicrous, and where the production staff hesitated to even attempt to actually communicate a proper de-confirmation of, when doing so would not be revealing any work-in-progress secrets, which is even worse than this.

Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Congratulations, you've just proved my point. Though I think it's obvious that SART stands for the Allstars Racing Transformed which the rumor in question was about, it just goes to show, even you're talking more about it, with it still being a mystery.

Don't play the "all press is good press" card here. Frustrating your fans isn't the way to success. If they played things right, this conversation wouldn't be happening, but there would still be discussion. Probably more even, because the thread wouldn't be filled with these constant pointless arguments, which would probably make it look more accessible to the rest of the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

And that's worth basically nothing, which, again, highlights how pointless it is.

I think more than anything, it highlights that like with Tangle's silhouette, you're reading too deeply into the situation. And this conversation has lingered on long enough because of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or maybe there's just a trend in the official Sonic stuff being fickle and dumb with their marketing and reveals? Wouldn't exactly be a new revelation. That said, it's not something I'd blame on Aaron himself, and I don't need to have my character attacked for it any more than he does. Anyone could have been responsible for this pointless tweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to me that Aaron's tweet was true to the letter, but not the spirit, because if there truly is a new Sonic racing game developed by Sumo Digital then the rumours he refers to were essentially correct.  If I were in Aaron's position and wanted to both misdirect people and shut down an unhelpful aspect of the rumour, I'd probably have couched it in terms of All-Stars more generally rather than Transformed specifically.  It seems to me that we probably can't make a fully accurate judgement until we set eyes on the complete roster, however; and since the game hasn't even been announced yet, this all seems a bit premature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.2.2018 at 1:39 PM, Polkadi said:

Toy shows, accidental slips of the tongue, and resident SSMB leaker Larry... It's all adding up to the possibility of a new SEGA racing game, completely under the theme of Sonic the Hedgehog.

And it looks to be developed by Sumo Digital, who did previous SEGA kart racers like Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, and the inventive and fun Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

It's just rumours, but strangely creditable rumours. We just may, only just may, see something about it at SXSW...

 

This thread was only made to be a central discussion for these rumours instead of being lost in another topic.

So tell us, what do you think about these rumours? And, with a popular discussion about this, what do you think of the Sonic focus as compared to Sumo's previous SEGA focus?

I would love to have a new  Sonic Kart Racer game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.