Awoo.

Most Annoying Sonic Characters

HylianBran

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Is Boom!Tails really an jerkass in any real sense, though? Honestly, he's the most boring of the main cast, personally.

From the 1 minute I delved into trying to see if a clip could make me laugh off the CN youtube channel, he's a total jerkass. Probably because the characters were writing for Neutron rather than Tails since they're basically the same character in this show. Though from what I had seen I'd pick Amy as the most boring, only because she's so inconsistent in what she is I can't even try to care as one week she'd be one thing, then the next something completely different.

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

From the 1 minute I delved into trying to see if a clip could make me laugh off the CN youtube channel, he's a total jerkass. Probably because the characters were writing for Neutron rather than Tails since they're basically the same character in this show. Though from what I had seen I'd pick Amy as the most boring, only because she's so inconsistent in what she is I can't even try to care as one week she'd be one thing, then the next something completely different.

Try another clip. Usually Boom!Tails is too dull to be a jerk. Though he does at least participate in fights.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

Try another clip. Usually Boom!Tails is too dull to be a jerk. Though he does at least participate in fights.

I only find that if he's not the focus or a background character at the time. Though I could say that for pretty much anyone really.

Unfortunately it's usually done in the lamest way possible, but still better than Forces. 

Hell I don't know if I can even call him that. Just call him Jimmy Neutron

From here to the fogs, 
With two chili-dogs, 
Rides a cub 
With a knack 
For inventions 
A super-powered mind, 
A two-tailed canine, 
He helps rescue the day 
From sure destruction

This is the theme song

Of Tails the Fox

And that is my pitch for a Tails animated series, just send me the check SEGA

• Chuckle 3

11 minutes ago, Razule said:

From here to the fogs, 
With two chili-dogs, 
Rides a cub 
With a knack 
For inventions 
A super-powered mind, 
A two-tailed vulpine, 
He helps rescue the day 
From sure destruction

This is the theme song

Of Tails the Fox

And that is my pitch for a Tails animated series, just send me the check SEGA

And now we're golden XD

• Chuckle 1

Sonic Boom Tails. Hell I don't know if I can even call him that. Just call him Jimmy Neutron. They are basically the same egocentric assholes who have tons of experiments that backfire and hurt themselves, or others around them. Except it's in character for Neutron to be this big headed dickweed because he literally is super big headed. Character driven comedy should never sacrifice a character that makes them an asshole, unless they are supposed to be assholes. Ugh he's the mix of everything I hate about modern Tails rolled into one.

Dude, no need to be so harsh.

Meh, I prefer Boom Tails over how monotonously bland he was for most of Heroes-Unleashed era, not that he was annoying per se, just really dull.

15 hours ago, A person, that exists said:

AoSTH Coconuts-It's just yelling about how "DOWKTOW WOBOTNIK'S NOT GONNA GIVE ME A PWOMOTION!" for 64+ episodes. That sucks.

If it softens the blow for you, didn't Coconuts only really appear in about 17 or so of those 64+ episodes?

• Thumbs Up 3

Cream. I don't find her "cute" or appealing at all and a pacifist kid doesn't work when the games are all about fighting against Eggman. Charmy is even the same age and does a lot more than her. Cream was a mistake I wish they would move away from.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

From the 1 minute I delved into trying to see if a clip could make me laugh off the CN youtube channel, he's a total jerkass. Probably because the characters were writing for Neutron rather than Tails since they're basically the same character in this show.

I don’t know what clip you saw, but that is definitely not how Tails is normally written in that show.

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

If it softens the blow for you, didn't Coconuts only really appear in about 17 or so of those 64+ episodes?

Yes.

29 minutes ago, Red said:

Cream. I don't find her "cute" or appealing at all and a pacifist kid doesn't work when the games are all about fighting against Eggman. Charmy is even the same age and does a lot more than her. Cream was a mistake I wish they would move away from.

Even though she fights anyway? Like, I know visually upholding that general image was the reason for Cheese's existence, but she's still more or less a Classic-style character that can still Spin like most of the others and there's also at least her stomp attack.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, Red said:

I'm kinda apathetic to Cream as a character, though her English voice is DEFINITELY annoying.

• Thumbs Up 3

I tend to avoid these threads because they are not my thing, I love most of the cast, but...

Marine, the kid's got an annoying attitude, she wants to boss everyone but she is not capable of doing that, she's simply a brat, she's afraid of ghosts, which gives her some flaws but, ehh. She never listens to Blaze, she is an extreme version of kids and brats. Plus she gets to save the day in a very random way, she gets water powers (?) at the end to beat the final boss. Most powerful being after Cheese confirmed.

Oh and Wave, I really dig her design to be honest, I don't mind her, but she's a bully and hurt my Tails and his feelings. I can not forget and forgive that.

28 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Even though she fights anyway? 

Seems to be mandated not to nowadays, or at least mandated to not get involved in the heat of things. Which really doesn't help her character.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

In Marine's defense, wasn't she supposed to develop out of her bratty nature.

She was supposed to develop a bit more maturity, but Sonic Colours DS seems to have back pedalled on that. Since we haven't heard of her shenanigans since, it just seems it was retconned and her character forgotten about. 

Just now, RedFox99 said:

In Marine's defense, wasn't she supposed to develop out of her bratty nature.

That was the note the game ended on, yes.

Realistically speaking, I'd expect her to be portrayed where she still has some of the boisterous nature, but is more often than not helpful and not as incessant about having attention.

Oh and displaying her powers a little more. It's a little sad that the Archie books, while still using her reasonably well, didn't really delve into that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Sticks: I've never been a fan of "paranoid/conspiracy theorist" characters. I think the only time I found her likeable was in Fire and Ice.
  • Orbot and Cubot: The whole point of these guys is that they're basically Scratch and Grounder, except that Scratch and Grounder actually had a purpose beyond comic relief. These guys? Not so much, although admittedly they do more in Sonic Boom.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Probably Orbot and Cubot... they are funny at times but I think they make the overall mood of the game (cutscenes at least) too childish, sometimes I'd like they weren't in the game.

I like Cream though I agree about her English high pitch voice, I wish they gave her a more natural voice (also she's good only in Advance 2/3, Battle and Rush 1, every other game she's just there for the sake of it... but that became problem of every other character as well); I think she has potential if used well, especially if they decide to expand the chao lore and give her a more consistent chao-related role (being the personification of the chao gardens one of the reasons why I like the character).

About Marine, I think that her being annoying to other characters in the game is what makes her funny XD I did not understand why they decided to give her water powers at the end, probably she was supposed to appear again and be Blaze's water counterpart, or that thing was just supposed to be the effect of one of her inventions that's not shown in the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 2/22/2018 at 3:45 PM, Iko said:

I like Cream though I agree about her English high pitch voice, I wish they gave her a more natural voice

I think her voice in Free Riders was one of the better ones; while she hasn't been able to play Cream as often, I think I like Michelle Ruff's performance versus the previous VAs for Cream. I do hope that they decide to not have her voice be so squeaky.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Kellan said:

I don’t know what clip you saw, but that is definitely not how Tails is normally written in that show.

It's that or blandness. One or the other.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

but she's a bully and hurt my Tails and his feelings. I can not forget and forgive that.

I know you’re talking about Wave, but you just reminded me that Honey the Cat exists. I’m changing my answer to Honey the Cat, for exactly the reasons you listed.

…Actually, scratch that. Honey’s unlikable, not annoying. While I dislike her a lot more than Cubot, I guess that doesn’t really fit the theme of this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really fond of Boom!Knuckles or Sticks either. Most of the time, they just have one character trait and their types of humor tend to get old.

• Thumbs Up 2

I often don't find Sonic characters annoying that others find annoying. For example, I like Big due to his peaceful and simple nature rather than finding him annoying, I think Charmy has a great design and I think his "annoying" traits work well for his character and don't personally irritate me, and even Chris, while I certainly have a big problem with specifics of how his character was handled and his role in the series, I don't actually find his very presence or personality in and of itself annoying.

However, there is one Sonic character than definitely qualifies as annoying to me: Omochao. Annoyingly obvious suggestions, annoying voice and delivery of those suggestions, annoyingly omnipresent in the game, annoyingly gets the honor of being a recurring character, and I actually find him pretty ugly on top of all that. So, yup, Omochao is my pick my a mile. He does have one major saving grace - the game allowing you to chuck him around to express your displeasure with him, a lovely concession that seems to acknowledge his potential to irritate. Though I actually do feel a tiny bit bad doing that because he was just trying to help. x)

• Thumbs Up 3