Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph 2

DaddlerTheDalek

1 hour ago, Victory Defender said:

Not the biggest fan of that title. Wasn't there anything else they could come up with?

It does sound like a kids book parody title, doesn't it?

Well looks like we wont be seeing many video game references. Cant say I'm too surprised though, the first teaser poster featured spoofs of popular websites and the title is "Ralph Wrecks The Internet". If there are game characters they'll   be the ones created for the movie.

...Ever since the announcement of the theme behind the sequel I was really skeptical that it ain't gonna be for my liking.

Looking at this trailer... yep, looks like this movie ain't gonna be for me. Which really sucks, cuz I really, REALLY wanted a sequel to Wreck-it Ralph that still stays in the theme of games. Maybe diversify more, but don't stray too far. While it probably won't be as bad as Emoji Movie, I'm getting the vibes of Emoji Movie instead of, y'know, a Wreck-it Ralph sequel.

And that fucking sucks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, the bunny exploding had me in stitches . I’m now fully on board for this movie, and regarding similarities to the emoji movie, all I can say is that this is the anti-emoji movie because at least it seems that the product placement is gonna be played for laughs instead of being shoved down your throat.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not really feeling it.  A big problem with making a movie with internet jokes is how the jokes are always old thanks to how fast the internet moves and how long movies take to make.  The premise of the movie felt dated by a decade and a half the second they announced it, even the joke in the movie's title feels old.

I'm willing to give it a shot though.  What made the original good wasn't the video game setting and the jokes that came along with it, so I'm hoping they can work that same magic again.

• Thumbs Up 2

With all of that product placement (and this is just the trailer), focus on the internet and mobile games, this is not shaping up to be as unique as the first one. It looks funny enough, but I fear that massive corporate entities like eBay showing up are going to make this feel more motivated by money than before, while a lot of the jokes so far feel like rote observations (ie: obnoxious ads as characters). That said, it's only a teaser to bring in as much interest as possible from a wide audience, so these fears could be assuaged further down the road.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm kinda hoping the movie will focus on cheap mobile/browser games. They're relevant to the internet while still being related to video games.

Just now, Dizcrybe said:

I'm kinda hoping the movie will focus on cheap mobile/browser games. They're relevant to the internet while still being related to video games.

If they do, you bet your ass I’m hoping they make jokes about microtransactions lol

Eh, yeah I’m kinda worried too, the first film alone was pretty disappointing since it became a candy film halfway and this feels like it’s going to be another typical internet parody so unless they can find a creative way to make it work, this probably won’t do it for me.

Also Ralph committed murder in a game where you probably aren’t even capable of dying....

• Thumbs Up 2

God, that bunny explosion at the end. It's dark humor, but it's beautiful dark humor.

I might watch this one. The original movie was a good time.

• Chuckle 2

It feels so good to see these characters again and the teaser gave me a laugh or two. (Particularly Ralph being invested in the mindless ads.) That said, I think I'll need a bigger taste in order to truly put me into orbit, as we only got the smallest peek into the concept and it was all jokes. I'm interested to see more on the actual plot, character interaction, and what role Felix and Calhoun will be playing this time around. But yeah, it's surreal to think of how close it is.

Yeah I'm.... this is either a case of a bad trailer or a poor movie.

This is the trailer for the first movie.

Based on the trailer alone. What's the movie about?

Ralph is a villain in a video game who wants to fit in and be liked by his fellow characters. So he leaves his game to become a hero in other videogames. However, by leaving his game, he puts his world at risk.

That's the absolute minimum but you can see and feel a lot more is in this story just from that one trailer.

Based on the trailer... what's the plot.

The arcade gets connected to the internet, Ralph and Penelope go to a city (the internet) and they watch an auction... then kill a bunny.

Also.... I wonder if this is a plot device but... well... look at any of the footage from the first movie of game central.

wreck-it-ralph-mooreoutlets.jpg

Look how many characters there are in there...

Now skip to 0:11... there's barely 10 characters which are identifiable.

• Thumbs Up 4

Eh, more or less what I expected honestly. Has a couple of good laughs in there and the character's charm from the first movie still seem to be present but beyond that... this isn't a video game movie. It's obvious that they got bored with the concept halfway through making the first one so I would've been (pleasantly mind you) surprised to have seen them actually stick with it here. Luckily we got that Sonic cameo before the cutoff. XD

I am still verily interested in seeing more. Was actually surprised they got real companies like YouTube and eBay for this (shouldn't be due to the advertising potential for the companies but still). Honestly, while this doesn't look to be the video game cameo movie I was hoping for, I think it still has the potential to be good on its own merits.

Like, an actually good version of the Emoji Movie. I'll save further thoughts for when we get a full on trailer though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeeaaah, not feeling this much. I love WIR. I mean really love it, it's one of my favourite Disney movies, but it kind of sucks that instead of planting the story closer to video games which was a criticism of the first, they're going for a bunch of internet jokes. When I heard the concept of the movie, I was thinking like a combo of games and internet. Online Gaming, web games, mobile games, some internet stuff, but we'd still get a lot of game stuff (IIRC, Mario wasn't in the first movie because they wanted to hold off and give him a supporting role in the second movie.

Ugh, really hope things change with a second trailer.

• Thumbs Up 4

I get the feeling most of this stuff in the trailer is just from one portion of the movie. The time the trailer runs tripled is probably the amount of time this portion of the movie runs, before jumping to the main plot. If this is most of the movie, it'll be a good laugh but I have a hard time seeing any sort of plot. No doubt this one is being built up on interactions alone if that is the case.

• Thumbs Up 3