Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph 2

DaddlerTheDalek

When will people/wrters/old men who write jokes about the internet stop with the cat jokes, it literally feels like thats all the material they have

Not feeling this.

• Thumbs Up 2

New interview with the directors, hinting at some character stuff in the movie. Of particular note is Ralph and Vanellope having different views of their journey through the web (Ralph being overwhelmed by the world while Vanellope embraces it) and that the film will deal with themes of self-esteem. (I'm guessing an old game character like Ralph will start to feel a little obsolete when faced with the breadth of the world at large.)

Really liking the sound of this, as the characters are the main reason the first film became my absolute favorite film in the first place. 

• Thumbs Up 1

...Yeah, why are they making this a Ralph film again? I know it's only a teaser, but I'm suprised they didn't reveal the big cameos scenes by then.  So far, there's no real reason for these two characters to even be there. Felix and Calhoun will most likely be sidelined-- What? They need to take care of their Mario-Samus offspring or something? And look at the arcade itself: It's abandoned. Apparently arcade games are irrelevant to the 2018 audience, so we gotta surf the web to save the arcade.

The only reason Ralph is here is supposivly that they want fix something missing from Sugar Rush. We still otherwise have yet to see any real conflict other than that. I don't see what exploring a cyberspace city of digital tech has to do with self esteem and depression.

And again, aside from those spam gags, there's the fact that they're potraying the internet as this utopian haven, and that rubs me the wrong way.

Call me out of touch, I know alot of young kids within the target audience have smartphones now, but I dont belive they have Facebook or Twitter accounts by that age. They could be texing their family and close friends, but just that. People, including young adults, don't avoid social acconts because they're shy or have low "self confindence". They know of some pretty unsafe and vulgar activities that lurk on those sites, which should not be something exposed to children.

I may be overreacting and getting the wrong idea, but this film sounds alot like they're advertising the internet as a trouble free place for kids. I don't like that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Trailer was funny but there wasn't a huge focus on established video game characters. I'm hoping the full movie will have a side plot that focuses on Mario, Sonic, and the others more.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm just glad that we have such an early teaser trailer this time. The first one didn't had a teaser.

• 2 months later...

USAToday has a new look at some of the new faces we'll see in the sequel:

n1K8lce.jpg

First off is Taraji P. Henson's previously-confirmed character, Yesss. 

yJoubES.jpg

Next up is Alan Tudyk's character in the sequel, the know-it-all search engine KnowsMore. According to Director Phil Johnston, KnowsMore is "a little Truman Capote, a little Droopy dog from the old MGM cartoons and a little Mr. Peabody."

Finally, we have a little peek at probably the film's most anticipated scene:

NagwTZr.jpg

Just seeing Elsa and Moana standing side-by-side in actual animation is surreal, to say the least. Let alone all of these 2D Princesses making the jump to the third dimension.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Dark Rider CC14 said:

NagwTZr.jpg

Don't tell me: Ariel is offscreen in an oversized goldfish bowl?

• Chuckle 1

30 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wonder if Sora will show up too. Not gonna lie, this is pretty dope 

I think it's extremely possible. KH3 is confirmed to be released this year so with Ralph in KH3 as a summon, I could see them putting Sora in with a minor role/cameo as a form of cross-marketing. Similar to what WIR 1 did with Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.

15 hours ago, KHCast said:

Wonder if Sora will show up too. Not gonna lie, this is pretty dope 

Well,  he had a cameo in the first one,  so that wouldn't surprise me. 

23 hours ago, Dark Rider CC14 said:

NagwTZr.jpg

Just seeing Elsa and Moana standing side-by-side in actual animation is surreal, to say the least. Let alone all of these 2D Princesses making the jump to the third dimension.

Just realized that Mulan or Merida aren't in there too. Well, I guess I can understand the absence of the latter since her film wasn't that popular nor popular figure but still wonder why Mulan is absent esp. with Pocahontas has a seat there. Who knows if they might appear later on though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Their VAs are already confirmed, so they're just off-screen.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well there was Kingdom Hearts which did it first haha. 

But yeah I get what you mean. Anyway:

• Thumbs Up 3

I just saw Cinderella break her glass shoe, ready to stab a bitch with the cracked thing like a shiv. What even is this magnificent looking crossover?

• Chuckle 8

Well, that was fun. Looking a lot better, and it's definitely being self-referencial everywhere it can.

Spoiler

It makes fun of it's own name! How self-referencial can you get?

Self-reference can only get you so far, and that was getting close to TTG's "Call out on their flaws and then do nothing about them" issue.

This big crossover scene was well worth the wait, don't get me wrong. But to me, this merely looks like Disney is just showing off their pride, and flexing their gargantous "muscles." (They are nice, I'll give them that) A very facinating concept, and a genuine tribute for Disney's entire history, but still does little to change my mind from saying "Why Ralph?".  

Also, Scrooge McDuck, Simba, Jack Skellington and Dipper or I'm rioting

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, SupahBerry said:

This big crossover scene was well worth the wait, don't get me wrong. But to me, this merely looks like Disney is just showing off their pride, and flexing their gargantous "muscles." (They are nice, I'll give them that) A very facinating concept, and a genuine tribute for Disney's entire history, but still does little to change my mind from saying "Why Ralph?".  

Y'know, I think it's made me realize how much I want some legit Disney crossover action. Heck, I'll even take a new House of Mouse.

• Nice Smile 1

I love the crossover portion and Disney jokes but the Internet stuff is still absolutely falling flat for me. All of the internet jokes shown thus far have been relatively obvious jokes like crappy auto-suggestions and the like, the cameos thus far, not counting franchises owned by Disney themselves have all been just random logos of Apps that you may or may not use and I couldn't care less.

And as much as I love the Disney stuff, we have no idea how prominent or used they are. For all we know, the Oh My Disney portion that looks fucking amazing could end up being a small portion of the movie while the rest moves focus back to the internet again. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And as much as I love the Disney stuff, we have no idea how prominent or used they are. For all we know, the Oh My Disney portion that looks fucking amazing could end up being a small portion of the movie while the rest moves focus back to the internet again. 

That's marketing for ya. But god dang, I'd be lying if I said it hasn't convinced me to at least give it a watch. It and Infinity War should give me my proper Star Wars fix anyway at the theaters this year.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

That's marketing for ya. But god dang, I'd be lying if I said it hasn't convinced me to at least give it a watch. It and Infinity War should give me my proper Star Wars fix anyway at the theaters this year.

I mean, that goes without saying for me. I still love the characters and the universe, and would've gone to see it regardless to see if it was just crappy marketing at play or not. But regardless of such, it doesn't really change the fact that if this really is representative of the movie we're getting, it's not doing much for me, especially if the focus is on the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1