Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph 2

DaddlerTheDalek

“Ah gai ma mammy a cek and she turn into a big beear, an mai oh yin tried to dey her en. If thas no a pure mess ah dun know wha es!”

• Chuckle 3

Seeing the Disney princesses is cute and nostalgic, but like.. what's the plot?

From what I can tell instead of an actual goal, it's just Ralph and Vanellope running around the Internet, but surely there's more than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Razule said:

Seeing the Disney princesses is cute and nostalgic, but like.. what's the plot?

From what I can tell instead of an actual goal, it's just Ralph and Vanellope running around the Internet, but surely there's more than that.

“Six years after the events of the first film, the story centers on Wreck-It Ralph's adventures in the Internet data space when a Wi-Fi router gets plugged into the arcade by Mr. Litwak, as he must find a replacement for the broken steering wheel of Sugar Rush. Along the way, Ralph and his best friend Vanellope von Schweetz encounter new customs, worlds, and characters, such as trendy algorithms and the Disney Princess lineup with The MuppetsStar WarsDisney AnimationMarvel Comics and Pixar characters.”

-Wikipedia

• Thumbs Up 4

I wasn't concerned about this before but as we're nearing the release date I'm starting to wonder why we haven't had a trailer that explores the plot. I don't expect them to go into detail but some kind of teaser would be nice. All the trailers so far can be boiled down to Ralph and Vanellope go on wacky adventures in the web. This isn't a bad thing in and of itself. I want to see this movie based on the top notch humor alone however I think they should start giving us some teasers for the actual plot. There's the Wiki page sure but we need to see more in the actual promo.

As for the recent clip I love seeing the Disney princesses being all casual and venting about life lol I was actually able to understand almost the entirety of what Merida said mostly due to having a Scottish gf who has a family with thick accents lol Honestly depending on how the Disney princess stuff turns out I might not mind seeing a series of animated shorts featuring them ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

“Six years after the events of the first film, the story centers on Wreck-It Ralph's adventures in the Internet data space when a Wi-Fi router gets plugged into the arcade by Mr. Litwak, as he must find a replacement for the broken steering wheel of Sugar Rush. Along the way, Ralph and his best friend Vanellope von Schweetz encounter new customs, worlds, and characters, such as trendy algorithms and the Disney Princess lineup with The MuppetsStar WarsDisney AnimationMarvel Comics and Pixar characters.”

-Wikipedia

Oh, THAT's the plot. I see now...

So the main conflict of this film is seeing how Mr. Litwak finds a replacement accessory for an outdated arcade machine! That easily has the grounds to tell an unorthodox story about a man learning how futile it is to keep resurrecting the past as newer generations move onto more contemporary mediums and art forms. Allowing parallels about the cycle of life and death not just for video games but also human beings themselves who feel out of touch with old age.

I have to admire Disney being bold enough to elevate a humble everyman like Mr. Litwak into the leading role while subverting Ralph and Vanellope's former roles by making them comedic relief for cameo interactions.

Spoiler

But seriously, when the hell are we going to even get an inkling about the internal and external conflicts making Ralph and Vanellope's internet journey compelling to watch? You know, aside from Disney annoyingly advertising itself.

And I swear, sometimes Disney's attempts to parody/mock itself feels more like an awkwardly forced coping mechanism to defend against criticism from sources like Katzenberg's Shrek films. In that sort of way where you're so desperate to get people to stop making fun of you that you start laughing at yourself to make yourself look cool because you're at least self-conscious and can roll with the punches. Because if you can joke about yourself first than nobody else can anymore... right?

• 4 weeks later...

Seems Mario's showing up to the party on time this year!

I'm still holding out hope he'll actually contribute to the plot like the writers have wanted since the first film.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

The full sample of the recording eventually segues into Rainbow Road too. Even if I'd still love it, it'd be odd to have another big racing scene involve when Disney's own parody of Kart held one in the first movie. This is a shot in the dark, but this medley could also be an unannounced remix stolen from Smash Ultimate.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure what to think about the music being there as it could be for a variety of reasons, but I'll keep my expectations in check for now. On a similar note, Director Rich Moore teased a treasure trove of Easter eggs, including maybe a nod or two to the last Disney film he worked on, Zootopia:

Interesting to note that someone replied to this asking about a plumber, to which Mr. Moore replied with the "Homer melting into the shrubbery" Simpsons GIF. The same person then tweeted that he'll "take that as a maybe," which was liked by Rich. Doesn't really say much one way or another on the whole situation, but it gives a tiny bit more hope than how people took the last GIF he used to reply to someone who asked that question.

Also, for funsies, if you're wondering how Sonic and Old Ham Hands are on a friendship level in the world of Game Central Station, they are confirmed acquaintances:

• Thumbs Up 1

That's neat to know that they even considered small details like who knows who and how their relationships are. 

Also, I'm sorry but I can't help but take that Zootopia nod as him admitting that this may have more furry representation on the internet than Ready Player One did. Which well. Finally a movie that might portray the internet semi-realistically? Come on. The Furry Fandom is small but relatively huge. You'll find one or two in any community. 

I just have to wonder if there's going to be politics jokes too and maybe a tangent about the Dark Web and horrible things lurking on the internet and being clever but maybe not subtle that they're really talking about 4Chan with a made up site for the film? I mean, the darker nature of fandom and the cultures built around the internet may be actually interesting and real parts of this movie and would be really meta and kind of interesting to see. I mean, the first movie got pretty meta to the point of them talking about game code and making it an integral part of the major plot. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2018 at 7:27 PM, Forte-Metallix said:

Seems Mario's showing up to the party on time this year!

I'm still holding out hope he'll actually contribute to the plot like the writers have wanted since the first film.

Would love to see Mario Kart in this.

Would be kinda neat if Ralph when he visits the Mario kart area brings up being in ASRT or something to reference the Sega vs Nintendo rivalry lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Imagine Dragons have revealed that they will be providing the sequel's end credits tune, Zero: 

Elaborating on the choice of the song, the self-esteem themes in the movie are brought back up:

In “Ralph Breaks the Internet,” Ralph’s evolving friendship with fellow misfit Vanellope von Schweetz will face a few hurdles, and that struggle is reflected in “Zero.” One of the film’s directors, Rich Moore, said, “It’s a bold choice for an end-credit song because it’s about someone who feels like a zero, someone who hasn’t always felt worthy, someone who’s allowed his entire sense of self to rely on a single friendship. When that friendship is threatened, there’s a lot of insecurity.”

Co-director Phil Johnston added, “We can all relate to that feeling. But the song tells us we’re not alone. They nailed the theme of the movie in a way that also makes you want to dance.”

I am REALLY looking forward to the character stuff in this. It seems like they're focusing on the major importance of Ralph's last line in the original and just imagining some of the possible story beats makes me grin like an idiot.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is shaping up to be just as good as the first in terms of character. It looks great. Just one thing, though...

Did you have to use that song in the trailer? I know it has significant meaning for the story, but the amount of rickrolls in a Wreck-it Ralph style are going to flood the internet in minutes.

• Thumbs Up 2

1:37- ? Blocks

1:51- Coin sound-effect

Here's hoping a certain mustachioed, red-clad chubby mascot shows up this time. 

Spoiler

640?cb=20121028161232

Oh, and Mario, too!

• Thumbs Up 4

First Disney puts all their princesses in one movie and now they actually found a way to have Never Gonna Give You Up sounds epic. Is there anything this studio can’t do?

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, so this movie HAS a story? Thank goodness.

And it looks good, phew. Crisis averted.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just realised something interesting, doesn't this mean Vanellope has technically gone turbo?

Her own game has been unplugged for the moment and when people were relying on her - as the princess - to get the part needed to fix it, she becomes obsessed with the internet - and more importantly: a grittier racing game that allows her to cause more destruction and such than her own home game. But more over, according to earlier info, it was said IIRC - the reason the owner of the arcade got the internet in the first place was to order the new replacement part for Sugar Rush. So hypothetically, it comes and it's repaired, and then Vanellope is nowhere to be seen because she's now left not only her kingdom behind, she left the very game behind that she's the main character for. We already saw what happened when Ralph did this in WIR, the only reason Vanellope got away with it in the first game was solely because King Candy forcefully disconnected her code and replaced it with his own, meaning the game would technically still operate, just with Candy replacing Vanellope.

Buuut, without Vanellope there, we could assume the same thing could happen to Sugar Rush since all of that code connected to Vanellope now has no Vanellope there and no one else to fulfil her role. Leading to something like this:

If Disney realizes this and is even intending it, I really think that could be a really interesting way to tie things back into the first movie, and more importantly - build on Ralph's character. This is his best friend. His first real friend, and now she's displaying signs of going turbo and trying to leave her own game to live in another one. And unlike Ralph in the first movie who always intended to return, he just wanted a metal first to prove he can be a good guy to everyone else, there would be actual cause for Vanellope to technically go turbo. She'd be like a parallel to Turbo in a sense.

The main character of a racing title that decided they were bored of their game and wanted more attention/bigger thrills/whatever else, so they forcefully broke into other games and decided on taking up resident there. If that tied into Ralph's insecurities, especially with the fears that Vanellope might end up as bad as Turbo was, that could be a really interesting direction to go IMO.

• Thumbs Up 5

This could only further deconfirm a Mario Kart sequence happening. There's absolutely no for three different racing sequences. I'd actually forgotten that the main character of Slaughter Race was announced earlier before this rumor even started. 

Sure would be crazy if someone called a detail playing part of the story, huh? 

On 9/12/2018 at 9:05 PM, LongcrierCat said:

I just have to wonder if there's going to be politics jokes too and maybe a tangent about the Dark Web and horrible things lurking on the internet and being clever but maybe not subtle that they're really talking about 4Chan with a made up site for the film? I mean, the darker nature of fandom and the cultures built around the internet may be actually interesting and real parts of this movie and would be really meta and kind of interesting to see. I mean, the first movie got pretty meta to the point of them talking about game code and making it an integral part of the major plot. 

I mean, this would be crazy for Disney to have in their Family Picture, am I right? :3c

That being said, I'm kind of digging that the reason for going to the internet is to repair the Sugar Rush cabinet. That's cool stuff. So who wants to bet that I called it that they're going to talk/joke about bad fanboys who have a habit of harassing actors and actresses, hm?~ I mean, this movie is talking a lot more about actual internet culture than Ready Player One was with its creepy GamerGate take of it all. 

I mean. It's not going to be Summer Wars, but that's only because that's a hard one to top when talking Internet Movies. But Disney is sure to be doing a much better movie than Spielberg or Sony (Emoji Movie) did. 

More small details straight from Disney, courtesy of Gamespot. Here's the most interesting ones:

* Felix and Calhoun's role in the movie is to care for Sugar Rush's ousted citizens, basically getting a chance at parenthood in a way that doesn't make us question the mating logistics of digital characters.

* The movie will go into both the positives AND negatives of the internet, comment sections included.

* Sonic warns Ralph about how the internet is.

Also, looks like I was right on the money when I said that this film is turning Ralph's final line from the first movie on its head:

"The first movie wrapped up pretty nicely with Ralph's line, which is, 'If that kid likes me, how bad can I be?'" co-director Phil Johnston said. "Which, at the time we made it, felt like a very sweet sentiment. However, as we started poking around at that idea, it's actually a little bit dysfunctional that Ralph is defining himself based on how another person feels about him. And so we were like, 'Well, Ralph still has some work to do.'"

"What is the worst place you could put someone who defines himself by how other people think of him? The internet," co-director Rich Moore added.

• Thumbs Up 7