DaddlerTheDalek

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph 2

Seeing the Disney princesses is cute and nostalgic, but like.. what's the plot?

From what I can tell instead of an actual goal, it's just Ralph and Vanellope running around the Internet, but surely there's more than that.

8 hours ago, Razule said:

Seeing the Disney princesses is cute and nostalgic, but like.. what's the plot?

From what I can tell instead of an actual goal, it's just Ralph and Vanellope running around the Internet, but surely there's more than that.

“Six years after the events of the first film, the story centers on Wreck-It Ralph's adventures in the Internet data space when a Wi-Fi router gets plugged into the arcade by Mr. Litwak, as he must find a replacement for the broken steering wheel of Sugar Rush. Along the way, Ralph and his best friend Vanellope von Schweetz encounter new customs, worlds, and characters, such as trendy algorithms and the Disney Princess lineup with The MuppetsStar WarsDisney AnimationMarvel Comics and Pixar characters.”

-Wikipedia

I wasn't concerned about this before but as we're nearing the release date I'm starting to wonder why we haven't had a trailer that explores the plot. I don't expect them to go into detail but some kind of teaser would be nice. All the trailers so far can be boiled down to Ralph and Vanellope go on wacky adventures in the web. This isn't a bad thing in and of itself. I want to see this movie based on the top notch humor alone however I think they should start giving us some teasers for the actual plot. There's the Wiki page sure but we need to see more in the actual promo.

As for the recent clip I love seeing the Disney princesses being all casual and venting about life lol I was actually able to understand almost the entirety of what Merida said mostly due to having a Scottish gf who has a family with thick accents lol Honestly depending on how the Disney princess stuff turns out I might not mind seeing a series of animated shorts featuring them ^^

7 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

“Six years after the events of the first film, the story centers on Wreck-It Ralph's adventures in the Internet data space when a Wi-Fi router gets plugged into the arcade by Mr. Litwak, as he must find a replacement for the broken steering wheel of Sugar Rush. Along the way, Ralph and his best friend Vanellope von Schweetz encounter new customs, worlds, and characters, such as trendy algorithms and the Disney Princess lineup with The MuppetsStar WarsDisney AnimationMarvel Comics and Pixar characters.”

-Wikipedia

Oh, THAT's the plot. I see now...

So the main conflict of this film is seeing how Mr. Litwak finds a replacement accessory for an outdated arcade machine! That easily has the grounds to tell an unorthodox story about a man learning how futile it is to keep resurrecting the past as newer generations move onto more contemporary mediums and art forms. Allowing parallels about the cycle of life and death not just for video games but also human beings themselves who feel out of touch with old age.

I have to admire Disney being bold enough to elevate a humble everyman like Mr. Litwak into the leading role while subverting Ralph and Vanellope's former roles by making them comedic relief for cameo interactions.

Spoiler

But seriously, when the hell are we going to even get an inkling about the internal and external conflicts making Ralph and Vanellope's internet journey compelling to watch? You know, aside from Disney annoyingly advertising itself.

And I swear, sometimes Disney's attempts to parody/mock itself feels more like an awkwardly forced coping mechanism to defend against criticism from sources like Katzenberg's Shrek films. In that sort of way where you're so desperate to get people to stop making fun of you that you start laughing at yourself to make yourself look cool because you're at least self-conscious and can roll with the punches. Because if you can joke about yourself first than nobody else can anymore... right?