Awoo.

Scumbag village robs a super market on mass, then tears it down all in under 12 hours

Badnik Mechanic

So if you've been paying attention to the news, the UK is in a bit of bad weather, first off we were hit with major snowstorms, then Storm Emma hit. 

For a lot of us, life has gone on as normal, but in some rural areas and Ireland... things are a little more serious.

So serious that people have started to panic buy food and water from local shops as roads become totally gridlocked.

And in one small village near Dublin, a mass of scumbags decided that the best way to cope was to run riot, rob several stores, then rob a supermarket... and then destroy it.

Throughout the day, the locals turned up on mass and began looting the store.

The mob then broke into a builders yard and stole a number of heavy earth moving equipment.

Several people then filmed themselves looting the store and uploaded said vids to social media.

Then the mob decided to loot smaller shops.

Then a few hours ago, the mob returned to lidl and managed to rip out the safe, stole a huge JCB digger and tried to break it open.

Not yet satisfied with their efforts... they then used said digger to destroy the entire store.

All of this happened TODAY in under 12 hours! Police eventually responded AFTER the building was destroyed.

Holy fuckballs.

This is still going on right now! It's happening in a place called 'jobsworth' in tallaght near Dublin. The best source right now is twitter.

• Thumbs Up 1

I live in a village and I denounce the behaviour of this village. We have a single Co-Op Food and we wouldn't dream of hurting it or the staff's livelihoods. 

Because right now I'm thinking about everyone who's going to lose their job over this. 

• Thumbs Up 3

That is unbelievable. I saw this satirical article on Wednesday when panic shoppers quite literally buying entire supermarkets across Ireland.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/02/27/panic-shoppers-purchase-last-remaining-supermarket-ahead-of-storm-emma/?utm_source=WWN_Facebook_Page&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=Social_Link&utm_content=Article

I never expected something like that to become true to some extent.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0302/944671-dublin-store-investigation/

...When I see stories like this, I feel stupid for wasting so much energy hating myself when these....abominations truly deserve the hate.

This really is appalling to the highest degree. You can't justify any of this behaviour from the outset, yet alone to what it culminated in.

• Thumbs Up 2

Absolutely disgusting! What the hell is wrong with people? I hope every damn one of them gets what they deserve.

this kind of behavior is absolutely disgusting!

do they care bout the people who worked in that supermarket who have to provide for their families?

of course not!

I would like to see these scumbags explain to the families of the employees why their father/mother can't put food on the table.

all because they decided to have a little temper tantrum

I hope they get punished for this!

nobody can justify this kind of behavior

I really do hope they get whats coming to them

Wow this is disturbing. It makes me very sad to see stuff like this. Robbing the store and then destroying it. That's.......unreal man.

... Why?

I mean, I get looting the store if you think shortages may become an issue. I don't condone it, but I get it. What does destroying the structure accomplish though?

Worst case scenario: The storm turns out to be a semi apocalyptic event and you've just destroyed a perfectly good shelter which could have comfortably housed several families.

Other worst case scenario: The storm blows over, you get arrested for destruction of property and you have cost several people their livelihoods for nothing.

Other, other worst case scenario: The storm turns out to be a semi apocalyptic event and you've just destroyed a perfectly good shelter which could have comfortably housed several families. Then the storm blows over, you get arrested for destruction of property and you have cost several people their livelihoods for nothing.

There is no outcome where this ends up well for these people, so once again: Why?

• Thumbs Up 1

So people act really fucking stupid and become ultra-irrational when something bad happens. Shocker. 

As for how this escalated so quickly, simple: Mob mentality. Humans evolved the ability to cooperate on a mass scale-- and when shit gets bad, well, the end result is about the closest real life will provide in terms of an attack of the giant ants... if the ants also had opposable thumbs and advanced ability to make and use tools. All it takes is one bad seed to influence the others to join the bad seed in acting destructive and eventually forming a mob so powerful that an entire building doesn't stand a chance.

That of course doesn't excuse tearing the local store down or any of the awful, awful crap that's happened-- the good seeds could have taken action to stop the mob at any point in time, not to mention that this probably started with one moron needlessly fearmongering-- but its something important to note for anybody here or elsewhere claiming that it could never happen in their hometown. Because it can-- all you need is enough people feeling threatened and wanting to act, and shit is fucked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Been a few days, so of course more examples of what this village did has come to light such as setting six vehicles on fire.

image.jpg

One of the scumbags was at court yesterday to enter a plea.

This is what happened when he tired to leave.

He tripped over a bin.

And this is what remains of the store.

000f7913-800.jpgA-workman-moves-temporary-metal-fencing-

And people who live in this village/town are upset because people from outside of the area are calling them 'scumbags'..... HU HU HU HAHAHAHAHA!

Just now, Biggs98 said:

The fuck is worth looting in Lidl?

Their own brand chocolate is pretty amazing!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Their own brand chocolate is pretty amazing!

Hahah true, better than Cadbury these days.

I still do not agree with this kind of behavior

destroying public property

ending jobs of the employees who have to provide for their families

costing the store hundreds upon thousands of dollars to replace what was lost

this isn't right no matter the scenario