Awoo.

Sonic Satam Fan Animation remake

2D 3D Cartoons

Hello, I am making a couple more  episodes based on Sonic Satam using a mix of 2D & 3D art. I have voice overs for many characters but may need some more (Tails, Dulcy) here is a link to my 1st remake of the unused intro to the Sonic Satam show. I may refine this but here is the Youtube link. = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEBkLQmk1EQ

sonic_satam_remake_by_kevin_k_deviantart-dc4moyp.jpg

Here is a link to episode 2 featuring voice talents of Laura Olson Blue, Larry White, Daniel Butler & Edward James.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2D 3D Cartoons

• A person, that exists

• Zaysho

This is too good to be true.

There were thousands of these fan remakes/continuations of Sonic cartoons, and can you guess what happened to those?

THEY ALL DIED AT SOME POINT

My point is: try making something less ambitious. A fan short or something. Don't tackle SatAM first. 

I only intend to make a few more episodes, the next is episode 3. It will probably end at episode 6. Having said that what's wrong with being ambitious do these look awful? I'm not a pro animator so it's the best I can do with the hand drawn, the CGI is way below my true level but I have to limit how much time is spent making these so that its manageable.

So yes it will die at some point, hopefully it will get to episode 6 before it does although that may be 2020 at the pace I produce these so I can't guarantee anything that far ahead.

Also to you and anyone else reading this, do you like these above Youtube linked clips or are they awful & should I just give up? Let me know.

10 hours ago, 2D 3D Cartoons said:

Also to you and anyone else reading this, do you like these above Youtube linked clips or are they awful & should I just give up? Let me know.

No, you shouldn't give up, BUT I think that you need to find a better way to animate.

The animation looks a little too Adobe Flash-ey and slow sometimes, and there is a lack of a dynamic in many scenes. There's just a major lack of fluidity in some parts, and that makes it look like a DOS game. 

Like, that's just my opinion tho. Your animation is still MILES better than my, ahem, works, so, do your best and most importantly, have fun. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there! We only allow one showcase topic per medium, per member (with exceptions for special projects), so I merged your most recent topic with your previous one. Please keep all updates for this project to a single thread, thanks!