Awoo.

Upcoming Video Game movies

Blueknight V2.0

This topic is for discussion of upcoming and favorite released video game movies. There are numerous video game movies both released and upcoming, this year sees 4 or 5 movies releasing like Tomb Raider, Rampage, Wreck-It Ralph 2 and Ready Player One. Of course next year we have Sonic The Hedgehog, Angry Birds 2, Minecraft and Pikachu. While some are unscheduled like Sony's Uncharted, Mario, Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter. The there's the released films like Ratchet & Clank, Angry Birds, Warcraft, Wreck-It Ralph and lots of others. So, my favorites are Ratchet & Clank and Angry Birds and Wreck-It Ralph, my upcoming ones are Sonic The Hedgehog, Wreck-It Ralph 2, Angry Birds 2. My anticipated unscheduled favorites would be Sly Cooper (after the TV Show releases) and Jak & Daxter. Now The Legend of Spyro movie was the only video game film that I know was cancelled, now that could've worked and something I wanted to see, pretty bad I find out about it, only to find it was cancelled a few years before. Now another film, although nothings been said is a Crash Bandicoot film, now this could be possible with Crash's recent popularity and appearance in Skylanders Imaginators/Academy. So, there are a lot of releases coming, feel free to discuss any of your favourites or upcoming titles you want to see.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blueknight V2.0

• Graystripe2000

• RedFox99

• Eurisko

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but wonder what the Tetris movie is going to be actually about , I mean is there even a backstory to Tetris?

On 3/7/2018 at 7:05 AM, Eurisko said:

I can't help but wonder what the Tetris movie is going to be actually about , I mean is there even a backstory to Tetris?

Tetris is perhaps the worst example of a game being made to a movie. Plants vs. Zombies would make a better movie than Tetris would, Angry Birds did a good job when originally there was no story outside of pigs stealing the birds eggs. As far as I know Tetris has zero story and is just a block matching game, I can imagine the hilarious situation of a movie just with blocks piling up on screen and peoole asking  what kind of movie is this. That'd be like making Bejeweled into a movie, it just simply wouldn't work.

On 3/6/2018 at 1:27 PM, RedFox99 said:

I think this is the biggest surge of video games at least this century so far.

I agree there, it seems like since 2010 video games seem to have a bigger impact in other media areas outside of video games. Since Disney released Prince of Persia Sands of Time in 2010, there has been an increase in video game based movies and tv shows, like Sonic Boom, Pac-Man and the ghostly adventures, Angry Birds Toons, Sly Cooper, etc.

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

Bandai Namco’s Klonoa is getting a movie, so that can be added to the list.

Never heard of that one, what kind of game is it. It is confirmed that a PVZ movie is being made by the Lego Movie director, however no new information was released after that.