Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

• 2 weeks later...

If Inkling was in Super Smash Bros, So i will get Sonic Characters for Smash Bros:

Miles Tails Prower

Knuckles the Echidna

Silver the Hedgehog

Shadow the Hedgehog

Metal Sonic

Amy Rose

Blaze the Cat

...so because the Inkling (a Nintendo first-party) is in Smash Bros, Sonic (a third-party guest series) should suddenly have 8 characters? Eh?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

Nah, they won't add another Sonic character. If they wanted to, they would've done it a long time ago.

I think a lot of people underestimate just how many strings you have to pull just to get one third party character into Smash, let alone eight. It's not just assets and time like anyone else - licensing a character in such a way that pleases Nintendo, the 3rd party and the audience all, is actually pretty hard as it turns out (it's also, if memory serves right, why Sonic's pallete options are such pure crap in any given Smash game, because Sega doesn't like seeing non-blue Sonic that much). You'll get Sonic almost certainly, but it'll be a miracle if we get more than that, as much as I want Tails.

Besides, with that many characters you might as well go all out and make a Sonic Smash Bros with no connection to the original. =V

• Thumbs Up 9

In all honesty, we'd probably be lucky to keep all the existing third-parties we have, let alone get a new one, let alone get a second character from any single franchise.

If you want 8 Sonic characters in Smash Bros., you'd be better off asking SEGA to make their own version of that type of game. Because there's almost no chance of a second Sonic character happening, let alone 8.

And lol, Blacklightning said the same thing. I just missed it at the end of his post. Still, I think my point stands well enough.

A guy on Twitter is claiming to have seen the game’s incarnation of battlefield and supposedly, this is part of it. 

That guy showcases videos of hacks for smash bros, most likely the image is a picture of a hack stage

• Thumbs Up 2

We'll be getting more info about Smash during E3, a Nintendo direct will be happening that time!

• 3 weeks later...

Want to play the New SSB at E3? Better get your ticket then.

16 minutes ago, KHCast said:

That E3 line is gonna kick the shit outta botw’s lol

That's honestly if E3 this year will even get that much popularity. I've been hearing all kinda of shit about leaks for games featured at E3. If anything, the Smash Bros. thing maybe the only thing people will go to E3 for, unless there is some Prime 4 footage Nintendo plans on showing. Now that will be awesome if we get a actual gameplay trailer or at least another game trailer for Prime 4 for this year's E3 that isn't just a title only.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

That's honestly if E3 this year will even get that much popularity

Why wouldn't it?

17 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Why wouldn't it?

21 hours ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

I've been hearing all kinda of shit about leaks for games featured at E3. If anything, the Smash Bros. thing maybe the only thing people will go to E3 for, unless there is some Prime 4 footage Nintendo plans on showing.

The amount of game leaks this year for stuff that'll be featured at E3 most likely, is going to kill a lot of surprise and hype for people. At least I've been hearing there are a lot things being leaked. I am not able to earnestly spew details, as this seems to be speculation mostly.

This the video I saw on it. Basically this video talks about the leaks killing the relevancy of E3 and making it a mere formality.

If that were really the case then E3 would've been down in attendance years ago. 

Leaks for even E3 are nothing new. Besides, unless leaks provide such,  you really think that's gonna stop the hype of actually going to E3 and trying out those games? I mean,  people who commit to showing up physically for E3 when they could just as easily watch it on a stream,  I highly doubt,  would get deterred by mere leaks. 

And some of those leaks aren't even confirmed. It'd be pretty silly if people cancelled their tickets because of that. 

And let's be honest. What Smash fan in their right mind would throw away the chance to play the newest game at E3 over trivial matters like that to boot? Not the majority,  that's for sure. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, true. I did admit that the whole hype killing due to leaks for E3, is mere speculation. People are still going to go regardless.

If anything, I am looking forward to what they will be doing with Smash Bros. for the Switch. And I sincerely would like for there to be more on Prime 4. Though, I will not hold my breath with the latter thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's so surreal to already have a tournament for a game we haven't even seen any gameplay footage of yet. There's gotta be a HUGE blowout for this game lined up at E3 if they're already that far in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watch this, or the KH3 stuff that will be at the square livestream which I believe is at the same time...hmmm....I mean fuck Nintendo, why you gotta do me like that?

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Watch this, or the KH3 stuff that will be at the square livestream which I believe is at the same time...hmmm....I mean fuck Nintendo, why you gotta do me like that?

They're a day apart. SE's conference is on the 11th, while the Smash Bros Invitational and Nintendo conference are on the 12th. The Splatoon 2 tournament is on the 11th, too, but it's like 5 hours after SE's conference.

On June 12, the Belasco will hold the “Splatoon 2” World Championship finals as well as the “Super Smash Bros. Invitational.” Attendees can line up at 10 a.m. for the day’s events, which start at 1 p.m.

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/super-smash-bros-splatoon-2-e3-tournament-1202820877/

• Fist Bump 1

must Have mixed splatoon with Smash and the doors opening time with the actual starting time. In any case, that’s at least a relief. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Here are my hopes and ideas for the Roster (I'm not familiar with all of the franchises like for example Animal Crossing, so go easy on me):

Spoiler

Waluigi

Zoroak/Pokemon Rep

Isabelle/Animal Crossing Rep

Funky Kong

Krystal

Ridley

Bandana Dee

Medusa

Toon Zelda/Tetra

The Return of Ice Climbers

The Return of Pokemon Trainer

Inkling Girl (Confirmed)

Inkling Boy (Confirmed)

Arms Rep

Simon Belmont

Crash Bandicoot

Rayman

Bomberman

Tails

Proto Man

Mrs. PacMan

Plus no cuts obviously, which includes the DLC for Smash Wii-U/3DS so Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Corrin, Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta.

For the roster, I made this a while ago:

SuDROB7.png

I don't think I ended up posting it, though. 

Pink are newcomers and yellow is DLC. Some characters I added because I think they're likely, some I just wanted. I removed clone characters because I noticed the character select screen would be getting huge. I thought of them as being selectable through the characters they're clones of.

Judging by the rumors, I guess the Pokémon DLC is less likely now, what with Gen 8 seemingly not starting yet. I don't know much about Dragon Quest, but I went with Erdrick because I saw him at the top of a poll of the most popular characters from DQ.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but what exactly do people see in Sylux that makes him Smash potential anyway? A character from an obscure side game that arguably wasn't all that good to begin with, and held a relatively minor antagonist role even then? I think it's saying a lot when a borderline recolour has more to work with than that, in popularity and moveset potential both. I'm honestly wondering whether there's some inside lore or cult following I'm missing and I'm just being weird here.

Besides that though, all I'd really change is adding Phoenix Wright. Maybe another 3rd party or two to even out the resulting Capcom lean if need be.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Sylux is most likely going to be the main antagonist of Metroid Prime 4. That's why.

• Thumbs Up 1