Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I don’t see any reason why they’d suddenly promote a spirit or assist trophy already to playable, when they likely had by the release of the game, a reasonable idea of who was gonna be the dlc choices. Why release them as a spirit if they were going to be dlc or were being discussed as dlc? They may not deconfirm, but they sevearly hurt their chances I feel. Especially when you consider, there aren’t iirc any actual spirits of the playable smash characters that are fightable or used for anything in WoL. They’re just the bonus “view this model of the character” thing. That’s why, say Rayman, I feel has a low chance, since he’s specifically a spirit and is placed in WoL as a barrier of progression. (On top of that, piranha Plant I don’t think had a spirit, and joker certainly doesn’t, so we have a pattern already to go off of)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I don’t see any reason why they’d suddenly promote a spirit or assist trophy already to playable, when they likely had by the release of the game, a reasonable idea of who was gonna be the dlc choices. Why release them as a spirit if they were going to be dlc or were being discussed as dlc? They may not deconfirm, but they sevearly hurt their chances I feel. Especially when you consider, there aren’t iirc any actual spirits of the playable smash characters that are fightable or used for anything in WoL. They’re just the bonus “view this model of the character” thing. That’s why, say Rayman, I feel has a low chance, since he’s specifically a spirit and is placed in WoL as a barrier of progression. (On top of that, piranha Plant I don’t think had a spirit, and joker certainly doesn’t, so we have a pattern already to go off of)

K Rool has 3, Samus has a ton, as does Mario, Luigi, and the rest of the Mario characters, Sonic has one, etc.  

19 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Spirits don't deconfirm.  We've literally had 3 characters in Smash 4 who were trophies.  I honestly don't get the confusion when Smash Ultimate's DLC seems to follow the pattern of Smash 4 very closely, except for there's  Fighter pass this time around (Down to the point that Joker and MewTwo's delay between announcement and drop have already been very close, especially if Joker does drop as intended before the end of the month).

Maybe, but I won't believe they don't deconfirm until we see it.

2 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

K Rool has 3, Samus has a ton, as does Mario, Luigi, and the rest of the Mario characters, Sonic has one, etc.  

But they are different forms of that character, not the character themselves. Same with the Smash trophies.

9 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Those I believe are under different names or are different forms to distinguish them though. Like Pirate K. Rool, or Cat Peach, Super Sonic, and for Metroid those are just the suits. It’s not just a straight up normal version of that character. There’s no, for example, Ness spirit that’s just ness you can earn in a spirit battle that isn’t just a fighter spirit. Still I guess your argument techically holds there, however I still consider spirit/AT status as harmful to a characters chances 

13 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Maybe, but I won't believe they don't deconfirm until we see it.

But they are different forms of that character, not the character themselves. Same with the Smash trophies.

Lucas and MewTwo were still Lucas and MewTwo in the base game trophies. 

The thing to remember with Lucas and Mewtwo specifically is that it's pretty obvious they were both planned to be in the game but came along really late and were relegated to DLC. Mewtwo was announced before the game was released. Now Lucas was a surprise, but he always struck me as an odd omission from Smash 4's base roster so it wouldn't surprise me if he was planned but was initially cut (also they had two systems to develop for, I can't imagine that was helping with their resources). I would consider those two special cases, as Roy didn't have a base game trophy.

Not to say that Spirits preclude characters from joining the roster since I think that's always possible (and I don't mean because we have variants of K. Rool or Mario or Sonic or whoever--those are there to represent certain games like all Spirits). ATs are probably more of a definitive answer on that front and I'd honestly be shocked if anybody got an upgrade through DLC.

• Thumbs Up 7

Take this, as always, with a grain of salt.

Also, something interesting; this date is on the week of Reggie’s departure as President of NOA.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

7 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Take this, as always, with a grain of salt.

Also, something interesting; this date is on the week of Reggie’s departure as President of NOA.

These are also the same guys that said we would get a January 2019 direct and a N64 mini. Take this with a BIG grain of salt.

That would've been far too early for another general direct anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

That would've been far too early for another general direct anyway. 

Not really. Last direct was February 9th, and it would've been 2 months since. 

1 minute ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Not really. Last direct was February 9th, and it would've been 2 months since. 

You'll be hard pressed to find general Nintendo directs that close together. 

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Edit: nevermind false alarm lol

Wait, what was the original post you made?

Here's the aforementioned commercial without GameXplain talking over it:

Pause it as soon as it begins.

Just now, Solly said:

Does Nintendo NYC closing early really mean anything? 

I'd imagine if it is indeed true that there is a Thursday direct that they may need time to set up.  They have big reveal parties there (I know that from watching the reactions to the Smash reveals after they happen).

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Solly said:

Does Nintendo NYC closing early really mean anything? 

With the surge of leaks dropping from official outlets like Best Buy, and talk of a direct releasing soon, and sakurai saying joker would drop very soon, and now the Nintendo YouTube dropping this trailer with stage builder in it, that alone already makes the idea of a 4/11 direct seem very much plausible.(especially since directs early in the month aren’t something foreign to Nintendo) The Nintendo store, which typically does party’s when hosting directs, closing early on a Wednesday definitely adds to that idea since you’d assume they’d need time to set things up for a direct the next day.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 4/7/2019 at 7:21 PM, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

You'll be hard pressed to find general Nintendo directs that close together. 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/rumour_nintendo_direct_rumoured_for_this_week_could_be_a_perfect_send-off_for_reggie

That said, there has recently been high rumor talk. A direct this soon would be a keen send-off for Reggie who's officially leaving later this month.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/rumour_nintendo_direct_rumoured_for_this_week_could_be_a_perfect_send-off_for_reggie

That said, there has recently been high rumor talk. A direct this soon would be a keen send-off for Reggie who's officially leaving later this month.

Isn’t he leaving like 4 days later(the 15th)?

43 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Isn’t he leaving like 4 days later(the 15th)?

Exactly. But directs don't normally air on Mondays. This direct would be a keen last one for him before his departure.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Exactly. But directs don't normally air on Mondays. This direct would be a keen last one for him. 

Commander Keen Confirmed.

... In all seriousness though, would you all expect the next character to be announced at the direct or an announce and release at E3?   I could see it go either way.

30 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Get ready peeps

99D83BB3-96DF-4D89-915B-C104176F00F9.jpeg

Looked into it, and apparently the second floor is indeed where they show off the directs.

20 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Here's the aforementioned commercial without GameXplain talking over it:

Pause it as soon as it begins.

Oh, great another crappy stage builder.

Could've used the time and resources for trophies, which is what the cool, important people want :V