Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Oh, great another crappy stage builder.

Could've used the time and resources for trophies, which is what the cool, important people want :V

I mean, this has been known for awhile. Plus judging by the reactions, people seem pretty happy hearing it’s coming back? Especially if it’s improved. Also expecting home run contest to get shown off since that was in the datamine

I prefer Stage Builder over trophies. I can do things with at least one of them, even if I do miss trophies.

• Thumbs Up 4

16 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

I prefer Stage Builder over trophies. I can do things with at least one of them, even if I do miss trophies.

Plus stage builder doesn't spoil the entirety of Mother 3 😛

• Way Past Cool 1

1 hour ago, Solly said:

Does Nintendo NYC closing early really mean anything? 

Well, they closed for in January!

Anyone remember that awesome January Direct?

Wait...

If we’re talking about by itself sure you can make the argument it doesn’t mean much, but everything else I pointed out around it definitely makes it feel more like a fair point of consideration towards the idea of a Thursday direct. There certainly wasn’t this much stuff going on around January when that rumor was going on. Regardless, guess we’ll find out tomorrow if there is gonna in fact be one. 

• Thumbs Up 3

@tailsBOOM! @KHCast That makes sense, thank you. Hopefully it pans out and we do get a direct on Thursday. 

I actually like stage builder a lot. Hopefully the one in Ultimate has more to choose from in terms of level gimmicks/pre-made objects, like bumpers, danger zones etc. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Welp, it's past 10:00 AM and 12:00. No Direct announcement. Looks like Gaming Intel are taking another L.

• My Emmerdoods 1

If they haven't bothered to improve stage builder, then there's no point honestly. It was incredibly boring in previous games, especially when Smash 4 just butchered it altogether. If they took this long to bring it back, I'd hope it means that there's actual effort this time, like a Mario Maker type of stage builder, although not as involved. Let us use gimmicks and hazards from other stages, choose the backdrop we want from any of the other stages, and give more hazards and ideas then just spikes or lava.

Also - online stage sharing.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it doesn’t happen, it’s whatever. I never said it was a for sure thing, but I did say I felt there were reasonable signs in its favor. But regardless, with all these leaks and that Nintendo commercial, it does feel like Nintendo are holding official reveals back. As many have said, that commercial almost feels like something released under the assumption stage builder was already officially announced. I mean it I feel would re generate excitement for the update and joker to have like a mini direct(plus didn’t they say “more info coming soon” regarding the contents of 3.0?), but if they just are gonna drop both out of nowhere...okay I guess? Doesn’t seem as effective to soft release them, but it’s what they feel is best.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

At this point, I don't expect a Direct until E3.

General direct, maybe. I think Smash will get a direct (or at least some sort of presentation) by the end of this month. It's hard to imagine them stealth-dropping Joker and the 3.0 update which we know are coming in April. 

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

so grants responses to people on here seem...cryptic and teasing. But I really don’t wanna overhype.

What does this tweet have to do with anything?

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:

grants responses

Key phrase there. Actual tweet doesn’t mean much, but the comment thread is getting some discussion because Grants teasing when people ask about Banjo, which is causing smash fans to retweet this lol. I don’t wanna say it’s anything substantial, but it is a person of substantial importance to Banjo teasing with fans, so thought I’d share 

For all we know, we could be just getting BK Legos. I mean, some of these responses might be enough for NDA people to raise a couple eyebrows.

12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Key phrase there.

Response to what? What's this got to do with Smash for you to bring it up in this thread?

Banjo a heavily discussed character for Smash, especially lately, and Kirkhope making teasing remarks relating to Banjo. That does tend to spark discussion. It’s creating discussion within the Smash fanbase(even getting retweeted by guys like Papageno), so who knows. The teasing remarks could mean nothing, or be hinting at something regarding Banjo being in the works 

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Banjo a heavily discussed character for Smash, especially lately, and Kirkhope making teasing remarks relating to Banjo. That does tend to spark discussion. It’s creating discussion within the Smash fanbase(even getting retweeted by guys like Papageno), so who knows. The teasing remarks could mean nothing, or be hinting at something regarding Banjo being in the works 

Now I don't know how NDA laws work, but wouldn't that amount of teasing be enough to cross the line between teasing and breaking NDA?

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Now I don't know how NDA laws work, but wouldn't that amount of teasing be enough to cross the line between teasing and breaking NDA?

Possibly, I’m not too sure on where the line is. Straight up yes or no answers would clearly be breaking the rules, but IF Grant is referring to Banjo in Smash here, it’s subtle enough I think that it could be referring to anything relating to him. He could be referring to a new game, a remaster for switch, or like you said LEGO’s. Or could just be playing with fans cause he knows people love Banjo. It’s ambiguous enough to probably, at least to me, get a pass as he’s not specifically commenting on Smash Bros or his inclusion. This certainly isn’t a confirmation, and doesn’t really add much to banjos chances, end of the day he’s got a lot going for him with or without this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Grant Kirkhope confirms Emmet for Smash> Not the video game choice I'd go for since that was an adaptation of a film, but hey. 

Seriously though the comment is so cryptic it could mean anything, not just Smash Banjo. Maybe he just saw the film today for all we know. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The only evidence I see for Banjo-Kazooie is that during 2.0 update, Duck Hunt caused Save file corruption, alongside Mii Swordfighter.   Back in Smash 4, this happened with ZSS and Ike, and it turned out that they were being used so developer's could use them to work on Bayonetta and Cloud, respectively.  Mii Swordfighter had to have specific moves: Shuriken, Gale Stab, Stone Scabbard, and Reversal Slash; which sounds a lot like 

Spoiler

Erdrick, who has some access to magic attacks as well as other weapons, 

as Joker uses a gun and from what I can tell, those moves don't fit him without him even not using it.   Duck Hunt makes very little sense for anyone at first, until you realize it may have been done for the fact that it's the only "character on a character" model, in which case Banjo-Kazooie make perfect sense.   Piranha Plant has already apparently used data from Bowser Jr., so it wouldn't be surprising.   

Also, an interesting tweet with a well put together analysis of all the evidence for Erdrick:

(He said in order for me to link to his document, he wanted me to put the tweet, too.  So there they both are).

• Thumbs Up 1

There’s also the fact that unlike Chief and Steve, Banjo hasn’t had someone that works on his games say he’s not happening.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

There’s also the fact that unlike Chief and Steve, Banjo hasn’t had someone that works on his games say he’s not happening.

@KHCastThe Steve comment was revoked.  She said that she meant that she didn't think he'd be the best Minecraft character, and that it came out wrong:

The original quote: