Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I think the fact that she's even talking about Steve in regards to Smash is cause for concern in the NDA department. 

• Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

I think the fact that she's even talking about Steve in regards to Smash is cause for concern in the NDA department. 

Good. Because I agree with her. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

So it seems she may know.  While the NDA seems like it could be an issue, someone said that they wanted Steve in the previous tweet, and she said that she would want a different character.  Seeing that we have no confirmation until February at the latest at the answer, my best guess is that she seemed kind of annoyed.  It reminded me a lot of this board's reactions to the Chao and Zavok being announced for TSR when we thought that Cream, Espio and Charmy would be better.  I believe I saw a tweet from her earlier where she said she had no choice in the decision, rather it was all Nintendo.

6 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

So it seems she may know.  While the NDA seems like it could be an issue, someone said that they wanted Steve in the previous tweet, and she said that she would want a different character.  Seeing that we have no confirmation until February at the latest at the answer, my best guess is that she seemed kind of annoyed.  It reminded me a lot of this board's reactions to the Chao and Zavok being announced for TSR when we thought that Cream, Espio and Charmy would be better.  I believe I saw a tweet from her earlier where she said she had no choice in the decision, rather it was all Nintendo.

Considering how she's responding to that fan,  if anything,  she's either annoyed at being asked that,  or that emoji is strictly to convey that Steve's chances aren't looking good. Or it could be both. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not directly related to Smash, but God Eater 3 is coming out on the Switch. If they keep making Smash games in the future I'd love for a GE character to get in Smash. The main character you play as can Switch between a gun and a sword, so I think that'd be a fun concept!

(I am aware that God Eater characters were in Project X Zone on the 3DS but you know)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I'm glad I had only limited Internet access last week, if it meant missing the false Direct hype.  Truly, I wouldn't expect to hear anything more on the Joker front until after the P5R/P5S announcements on the 24th and 25th, since it seems likely that what they reveal will be relevant to Joker's Smash presence.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Hey, I know this probably isn’t likely, but I made a moveset for Geese Howard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters. I’m gonna keep in a spoiler tag due to its lengthiness:

Spoiler

Intro: Geese takes off his gi and gets ready for battle. When you fight him as a boss, his famous battle intro plays right before the music.

Notable Palette Swaps: Nightmare Geese, Bogard Geese, Young Geese

Main Weapon: Geese’s fighting style is Hakkyokuseiken, which he used to murder a rival martial artist who was on his trail.

Idle Animation: Geese points his finger at his opponent and wags it, usually when he’s facing them. Like Ryu and Ken, he always faces his opponent in 1-on-1 battles.

Forward Smash: Tendoh Kudaki

Up Smash: Raikou Mawashi-Geri

Down Smash: a simplistic Fudou Ken Un.

N-Air: A midair Fuwa.

F-Air: A midair Mikazuki Nidan-Geri.

B-Air: A midair kick Geese does behind himself.

U-Air: Murakumo.

D-Air: Shippu-Ken (down>down-left>left>A during a jump)

Grab: Geese grabs his opponent with his left or hand.

Pummel: Geese knees his opponent.

F-Throw: Ko Satsu Shou; Geese throws his opponent up in the air and attacks with an energy blast.

U-Throw: Shinkuu Nage; Geese throws his enemy high in the air backwards.

D-Throw: Geese stomps on his enemy.

B-Throw: Ko Satsu Nage; Geese’s famous “Predictabo” throw.

Special Moves: 

B : Reppu-Ken (down>down-right>right>A; use A at the end of the input or press B twice for Double Reppu-Ken); a projectile attack that Geese sends out by sweeping his hands from the ground, similar to Cloud’s Blade Beam.

B + Forwards : Deadly Rave (right>down-right>down>down-left>left>right>Ax10); Geese strikes the opponent multiple times in a flurry of attacks, similar to Dancing Blade.

B + Up : Raging Storm (down-left>right>down-right>down>down-left>left>down-right>A); Geese sends himself flying high upwards when in the air. The move’s original input only works on the ground.

B + Down : Fudou Ken (down>down-left>left>A FK A, down>down-left>left>A while tilting left or right on A; FK Un, down>down-left>left>A while tilting up on A; FK Ba, down>down-left>left>A while tilting down on A); a move that can stun (A) or ground (Un) the opponent, or even break their shield (Ba). If you simply press B + down, the move defaults to Fudou Ken A, which stuns the opponent.

Final Smashes:

A.) Raigou Reppu-Ken, an upgrade Reppu-Ken that slices through everyone in the way without stopping (down>down-right>rightx2>A)

B.) Rashomon, a close-range attack where Geese throws the opponent upward and blasts them with a powered-up push and sends them flying at high damage (down-left and A)

Taunts:

1: “Come on!” Geese moves his left hand towards his face.

2: Geese laughs with his arms crossed.

1+2: Geese briefly charges himself with energy.

Winposes:

1: “Give in to your fears!”

2: “Know your place.”

3: “Stay down, maggot.” (Ryu or Ken only, as he will have either under his left foot.)

Icon: The F in the King of Fighters series logo.

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/Zo166VszoPw

Kirby Hat: Geese’s hair; the Double Reppu-Ken input works here, too, and Kirby even says “Predictabo!” in his back throw.

EDIT: This aged pretty well.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I don't tend to believe this to be Joker's release date, but the supporting evidence (An ad) is rather creative (The text sounds fake), but Piranha Plant was leaked on Reddit and sounded fake so here we go:

Spoiler

IcquSvB.png?width=400&height=300

hrMpYWn.png?width=853&height=396

Edit: With the Joker render being in Nintendo of Europe's source code, it's starting to look potentially real.  Still don't fully believe it though.

Double Edit: We obviously know it's fake now LMFAO

THAT IS SO AMAZING IT'S EVERYTHING I WANTED IT TO BE THEY EVEN GOT PERSONA 3 AND 4 IN THERE I AM SO HAPPY OMG OMG OMG OMG THERE'S EVEN A BENEATH THE MASK REMIX AND HOLY MOLY EVERYONE IS HERE AND I AM IN LOVE THEY EVEN DID THE VICTORY ANIMATIONS OOOOOOHHHHH I LOVE IT SO MUCH

• Thumbs Up 4

ALL OF THE PHANTOM THIEVES

THEY'RE ALL VOICED

MORGANA IS APART OF HIS MOVESET

PERSONA 3 AND 4?!

ALL OUT ATTACK

FUTABA IS APART OF THE FLIPPING ALL OUT ATTACK GIVING ADVICE

THE FUCKING VICTORY SCREEN IS THE RESULTS SCREEN OF PERSONA 5, THIS IS BEST CHARACTER

BEST CHARACTER THIS IS WHAT THIS IS

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Joker is the first character to have a real gun (Snake has explosives, and Bayonetta's pistols are magical).

It's also his neutral special.

You realize what this means, right?

Kirby's gonna have a fucking gun.

(Also, Doomguy is now a possibility.)

• Chuckle 2

Uh, assuming Joker is releasing the same day as the update, he releases today. 

Aw sweet the Joker stuff was really hype. Surprised Morgana even gets to be on the banner despite not being a Fighter but a taunt.

The rest of it...uh....I....have to go cry in a corner now....excuse me...

The Tails and Knuckles costumes being offered again makes me happy that Geno's duds are most likely on the way back if Erdrick is indeed the future S-E rep. Absolutely my most-used Mii Costume. 😊 

28 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Uh, assuming Joker is releasing the same day as the update, he releases today. 

Some territories supposedly already have him.  It's supposed to be at midnight.

screenshot_20190416-210312_youtube-jpg.2

So glad to see that DLC characters will be added to the banner!

• Thumbs Up 2

Who wants some Joker alt costumes? I know you do. There's even an alt for everyone's favourite...

Spoiler

main.pngmain2.pngmain3.png

main4.pngmain5.pngmain6.png

main7.pngmain8.png

• Promotion 3

They didn't have to go this far.

they didn't have to do it

But they added fucking Persona 3 and 4 stuff into the game, with so much detail. The FRIGGIN' victory screens are different.

WE DON'T DESERVE YOU SAKURAI

• Thumbs Up 2