Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here's some more official art created by the Splatoon artists

TpLZbdHmK6iZ1nEB1O3ssElEh6nNQBR-ZRRrhU2b

i love splatoon's art style so much.

17 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

They did say that the characters would be unlocked in a special way that makes it feel like you're constantly getting new ones.

In my mind this could be something as simple as the challenge panels from Smash 4, only every panel corresponds to a significant unlock of some kind - be it fighter, stage, assist, mode, item, whatever.

468px-1419214884738.jpg

Not that I wouldn't appreciate a singleplayer Adventure mode or a story that plays out less jankily than Subspace Emissary, but that's the approach I'd go with in lieu of anything else.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don’t think the game needs a story mode, but an adventure mode would be great. Maybe a new Smash Run mode? Boss fights would be nice as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Blacklightning said:

a story that plays out less jankily than Subspace Emissary, but that's the approach I'd go with in lieu of anything else.

Who's to say we can't have multiple means of unlocking them like in Brawl? Story mode included as one of those methods.

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Who's to say we can't have multiple means of unlocking them like in Brawl? Story mode included as one of those methods.

I... didn't exactly imply anything to the contrary. ._.

You know, with this new "Echo Fighter" system, they could make Waluigi an Echo Fighter of Luigi. That would be nice.

1 minute ago, Harkofthewaa said:

You know, with this new "Echo Fighter" system, they could make Waluigi an Echo Fighter of Luigi. That would be nice.

I don't think someone can be both a fighter and an assist. Unless he didn't appear as an assist yet.

1 minute ago, Harkofthewaa said:

He's already an assist trophy. Sorry, mate, he's screwed in terms of getting into the roster.

The only hope is to raise demand massively to consider promoting him from assist trophy if there's a new Smash.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Ehhhhh, not quite sure about that,  given their significant differences in body structure.

1 minute ago, DiamondX said:

I don't think someone can be both a fighter and an assist. Unless he didn't appear as an assist yet.

He appears as an assist even in the official trailers, then I think he was in Wario's fighter trailer.

The problem with Waluigi is his design is too different from any other character to be an "Echo" fighter. He'd have to be changed up too much, which is why I do believe Daisy made the cut and Waluigi unfortunately didn't.

• Thumbs Up 5

So with Echo fighters being a thing, what are the chances of Shadow joining the fight at some point? Knux has taken his place as the assistant Trophy for this game, ya think it could happen?

53 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

So with Echo fighters being a thing, what are the chances of Shadow joining the fight at some point? Knux has taken his place as the assistant Trophy for this game, ya think it could happen?

Very low. Echoes aren't really a new concept, they've just given a name to something they've already been doing. All the reasons Shadow didn't get into Brawl and Smash 4 still hold.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

His chances seem quite buffed compared to previous times. Nothing set in stone obviously, but with long requested characters like Daisy getting in on that front, and Shadow being quite requested, it's easy to see it happening.

The fact that they've bothered to "canonise" echo fighters as an actual thing would suggest to me that there are probably gonna be more than a couple of them. Like, I feel like they wouldn't bother making up an actual name for them if it was just those three (especially considering that clone characters have already been an established concept in fighting games for literally decades).

In that regard Shadow is certainly one of the prime candidates if he really has been replaced by Knuckles as an AT. In the same vein Dark Samus is also notably absent from the AT list, and Samus even seems to have had her Dark Samus color scheme replaced. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Very low. Echoes aren't really a new concept, they've just given a name to something they've already been doing. All the reasons Shadow didn't get into Brawl and Smash 4 still hold.

They're treating Doc Mario (and other clones) differently to Lucina and Dark Pit, because while having differences Lucina (no tipper) and Dark Pit (Side special launch trajectory) have the same physics overall, which makes them play almost exactly the same as Marth and Pit.

Shadow is still possible for both options actually. It's not certain and it doesn't really need to happen, but still possible.

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Fuck Shadow. Give me a Classic Sonic Echo Fighter.

...oh my god it’s so sad how this is now something that’s a possibility. Lol

• My Emmerdoods 1

40 minutes ago, Marcello said:

No, f$@% the act of f#@%ing Shadow.

This is something I never got. Modern Sonic isn't enough for you? He's slightly taller and bought green contact lenses and you already rejecting him as a usurper to one true Sonic?

Playing new Legend of Zelda must a nightmare for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

He's better off as a skin tbh.

Then again there's zero chance of that happening.

Even if the official stand here is that this is an all new Smash game, I still can't see it as such. It's prioritising refining existing content to create the 'ultimate' Smash game, rather than making new content to really differentiate it from what came before. It's the entire series put into one game, essentially. I'm not trying to undersell it or imply it's any less than the grandiose package that it is, but this just isn't an all new game in my eyes. They picked the right name for it.

• Thumbs Up 6

New game mechanics and physics is always refining existing content...I'm not sure why that matters more here, but whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

No, f$@% the act of f#@%ing Shadow.

This is something I never got. Modern Sonic isn't enough for you? He's slightly taller and bought green contact lenses and you already rejecting him as a usurper to one true Sonic?

Playing new Legend of Zelda must a nightmare for you.

Nah, fuck Shadow.

Where do you get the idea that I reject Modern Sonic, Captain Presumptuous?

• Thumbs Up 1