Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

My friend is sleeping until then.  Have no idea if he even got out the bed this morning he's so determined to be fully energized LUL.   But yeah, the SSBU Bot said it's a 9 PM:

With Joker releasing, I wanted to give a heads up that there's gonna be a Game Night on Saturday where SSMB members can play Smash with each other. Perfect time to try out Joker online.

Rivers in the Desert is gonna be the lobby song for quite a whiles

• Chuckle 1

9 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Hey, look on the bright side. At least he's actually in Smash in some capacity. More than you can say for someone like Phoenix Wright.

Honestly it's more on that his actual capacity is just a blink and you'll miss it cameo in the background of a stage. His real actual spot in smash is something easily able to miss. Despite Knuckles or Shadow being assists, at least they still contribute in some form. Or take the newest update where you can easily see the Phantom Thieves front and center in their cameos. A costume is nice. But even still it feels in the celebration of gaming despite what he is, Tails doesn't mean much apparently. 

Also want to add before it's taken the wrong way, I can understand not having a fighter spot. I just would like some meaningful contribution. A stage hazard, a more clear cameo, having been an assist woulda been nice. Having been Sonic's UP B recovery also woulda been neat. Just some examples as contributing not as a fighter, but something more meaningful.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

With Joker releasing, I wanted to give a heads up that there's gonna be a Game Night on Saturday where SSMB members can play Smash with each other. Perfect time to try out Joker online.

Rivers in the Desert is gonna be the lobby song for quite a whiles

Oh, by the way—how do I attend Game Night as a spectator?

Like what? As in a stream or watching others fight?

I mean, if it's a stream, no. Unless someone else here is capable of streaming their Switch (we had someone who could do it with their Wii U at some point iirc) - then it's an insane effort to try get it running alongside a game.

If you mean in-game, I mean obviously you can just join the lobby and watch from the bench, but given that there's an eight slot limit, I'd rather you were actually playing as opposed to simply joining to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

It's time to steal some hearts!

Nintendo: Hold my beer

I love this meme template, yet it's never been more accurate: 

You'd think they'd be prepared

...that’s not any better. They had to have in advance had this planned out, so either release joker before or after the maintenance, not during it. And that’s on top of the possible traffic to boot. This was regardless poorly handled given the competition handles this much better 

• Thumbs Up 4

I was fortunate enough to get the update before maintenance started, so here are my thoughts on the new guy and all his content:

Spoiler

Joker's pretty tricky to get the hang of, but his launch power when Persona'd up is ridiculous, only surpassed by his unbelievably good recovery.

His stage is pretty fun, especially with the music-specific aesthetics, but there's one major complaint I have: The Morgana car in the background is constantly meowing, and it gets grating pretty darn quickly.

His Classic Route is called Shadows, and it involves "purifying" characters one-by-one, with each enemy joining you with a brighter color scheme in the next round. (You only get one ally at a time, though) Final boss is the Hands on Omega Mementos. Kinda lame, but I guess it fits, given the voice actors.

There's a new Spirit Board that's exclusive to DLC Spirits. You get infinite tries for all of them, and you don't have to shoot the Spirit after winning to get them. Don't know enough about Persona to get most of the references, but the final fight is a Legend-tier gauntlet against the Phantom Thieves. (Each one represented by the same character who plays them in their individual Spirit Fight.) Final opponent is Joker, who gets a free Final Smash when he's on the verge of defeat.

All-in-all, this is a pretty interesting new character. Can't say I'll be maining him, but he's at least fun. Mementos would be one of my favorites if it wasn't for the obnoxious cat noises. (Not even Mass Destruction is enough to drown them out)

• Chuckle 1

Of course GameXplain would be able to get their hands on Joker:

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I was fortunate enough to get the update before maintenance started, so here are my thoughts on the new guy and all his content:

Hide contents

Joker's pretty tricky to get the hang of, but his launch power when Persona'd up is ridiculous, only surpassed by his unbelievably good recovery.

His stage is pretty fun, especially with the music-specific aesthetics, but there's one major complaint I have: The Morgana car in the background is constantly meowing, and it gets grating pretty darn quickly.

His Classic Route is called Shadows, and it involves "purifying" characters one-by-one, with each enemy joining you with a brighter color scheme in the next round. (You only get one ally at a time, though) Final boss is the Hands on Omega Mementos. Kinda lame, but I guess it fits, given the voice actors.

There's a new Spirit Board that's exclusive to DLC Spirits. You get infinite tries for all of them, and you don't have to shoot the Spirit after winning to get them. Don't know enough about Persona to get most of the references, but the final fight is a Legend-tier gauntlet against the Phantom Thieves. (Each one represented by the same character who plays them in their individual Spirit Fight.) Final opponent is Joker, who gets a free Final Smash when he's on the verge of defeat.

All-in-all, this is a pretty interesting new character. Can't say I'll be maining him, but he's at least fun. Mementos would be one of my favorites if it wasn't for the obnoxious cat noises. (Not even Mass Destruction is enough to drown them out)

Don’t play persona 5 then. Most of the people who play persona 5 are used to the car so it’s not that big of a issue, but yeah to newcomers or people unfamiliar it can be a bit much. But the references are top notch regardless and cleverly done. 

Edit: can a mod merge thought it would do it on its own agh

in the spirit board especially, each of the stages used is based on the palace of the character(aside from haru as hers is based on the garden area of shujin academy.) 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Can I just say it’s bullshit needing the online membership for fucking stage builders sharing functions?

No?

You can only share via online to begin with.

• Promotion 2

Considering we’re in a age where social media is conveniently there and free and sharing features are just a standard thing in games from pics to levels, yeah I still maintain holding a share feature behind a paywall is dumb as hell. It’d be like if Nintendo held a Facebook app on its service behind a paywall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't believe they didn't have Life Will Change in the OST....it was in the reveals but not in the game? Was really looking forward to fighting to that.

• Thumbs Up 1

WTF, i've downloaded Joker but can't find him or his stage in the game, I also made two stages in Stage Builder but i can't find them on the stage select screen. What should i do?

I've played one match with this Joker character and immediately just went out and bought Persona 5. 

I don't know if that's normal behavior but right now I don't care. I need whatever the fuck is happening with this music and this Mementos stage. I need it in my life. I know from just looking at it that I do.

• Thumbs Up 5

Joker plays great, he's really fun to use and kinda broken with Arsene.

The Mementos stage is kinda ehh, there's too much red/blue/yellow in the stage.

And the remixes are fucking amazing, I can't get enough of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

4ed.jpg

The meme finally came full circle. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

People are already doing some crazy great stuff with the Stage Builder.

Also, related-yet-not-nearly-as-cool, I made a Wreck-It Ralph stage:

Actually tried making a version of this in Smash 4, but it turned into a hot mess as far as playing it goes. Much happier with how this one turned out. 😊

• Thumbs Up 4