Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I made a Classic Mode route for Spyro the Dragon! Wanna see?

Spyro: Lean, Mean, Fire-Breathing Machine

Stage 1: Charizard on Unova League (Vs. Reshiram/Zekrom)

Stage 2: Bowser and Bowser Jr. on Find Mii (Fortress Boss (SMB3))

Stage 3: Ridley on Norfair (Tunnel Scene-X)

Stage 4: Piranha Plant on Arena Ferox (Fortress Boss (SMW))

Stage 5: Incineroar on Great Plateau Tower (SM Elite 4/Battle! Solgaleo/Lunala)

Stage 6: Rathalos

Boss: Ganon (Gnasty Gnorc~New Remix)

Hey, if one of the EU buddies here who does not mind spoilers can attempt this, I'd be really grateful (Read the full thread to get how it works  fully:

Spoiler

If Banjo gets in, I'm lining this bad boy up:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

>When Nintendo is terrible at keeping things from being leaked because of themselves lol.

idk guys, this seems pretty odd but also definitely unique 

Here comes the everybody gets deadest hopes on something only to be disappointed....again. Just like last time.

This is under the impression it’s real. Should it be, and they reveal one of the out there picks like Ryu or Artorias, nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

then again, would be interesting if someone at nintendo purposely did this as a way to throw off people’s speculations knowing how fucking batshit crazy the fanbase is with sleuthing to the itty details... 

• Fist Bump 1

19 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Here comes the everybody gets deadest hopes on something only to be disappointed....again. Just like last time.

What are you even talking about?

16 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Hey, if one of the EU buddies here who does not mind spoilers can attempt this, I'd be really grateful (Read the full thread to get how it works  fully:

Reveal hidden contents

21 minutes ago, KHCast said:

>When Nintendo is terrible at keeping things from being leaked because of themselves lol.

idk guys, this seems pretty odd but also definitely unique 

19 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Don't get too excited boys. Those were the easy ones.

Literally anyone can make an ad like the ones that have been popping up. And honestly, why would Nintendo put all of these up on Google for characters releasing as late as February next year potentially?

Not saying it's completely bunk, but it's as liable to be fake as the music theory or the Grinch leak honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, KHCast said:

This is under the impression it’s real. 

*cough* cough*

also, idk, they entered 100’s of names and just those 5 names worked and made the ad pop up

Edit: ah okay saw that tweet. Yeah definitely on the “not totally buying until we see the next reveal” boat.

Edit: also I just realized. If Doom Guy gets in, and Microsoft gets a character+spirits, we could possibly get the most perfect matchup with Doom Guy with a Chief spirit lol

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

*cough* cough*

also, idk, they entered 100’s of names and just those 5 names worked and made the ad pop up

Citation needed on the "hundreds of names" part aside, that still doesn't account  for any other thing as there are still countless possible characters out there, depending on which ones he even plugged in.

And that doesn't  change the fact that anyone can make 'em. Doesn't mean everyone did or knew how.

Throughout the Smash cycles we've seen plenty of individuals pull off specific and elaborate hoaxes that have seemed foolproof before blowing up.

Again also, where's the supposed rationale in these being available to the public this early beforehand and literally no one else ever finding this?

Granted, it's supposedly Europe's fault, but even still,  there's no way no one else couldn't have thought of this considering how hungry for news fans across the world would be.

Kinda almost like I’m not buying the leak as legit, and just said “should it be real” implying I’m aware there’s holes and things that could leave it open for being easily fake. So that entire tangent of yours just ultimately seems pointless and like needless lecturing. 

I know it’s smash bros, but you can still have fun with speculation and still not subscribe to the notion that speculation is truth. It’s just more fun to be optimistic like that 

my source also is in the video I posted...I doubt PG would up and lie, but on his server he says some of his friends entered 100’s of names. Sure there’s always the possibility he’s being taken for a ride, but I’m simply just not entirely dismissing. That’s not the same as believing 

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Kinda almost like I’m not buying the leak as legit, and just said “should it be real” implying I’m aware there’s holes and things that could leave it open for being easily fake. So that entire tangent of yours just ultimately seems pointless and like needless lecturing. 

I know it’s smash bros, but you can still have fun with speculation and still not subscribe to the notion that speculation is truth 

....What are you on about? I just warned not to get too excited. You don't have to take that personally.

Also, I'm guessing you don't have the source on the "hundreds of characters" bit.

Your entire post in response to me acknowledging it might be fake was just more “this is why it might not be real, and you shouldn’t get excited” guff, which is pointless since I just acknowledged it has a chance of being fake. Sorry but I take that to be a bit patronizing and ignoring of what I’m actually saying 

Then you've misinterpreted the situation and we've just been wasting time.

Again, got the source on those "hundreds of characters"? If not, then I don't think we have anything left to discuss.

32 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Citation needed on the "hundreds of names" part aside, that still doesn't account  for any other thing as there are still countless possible characters out there, depending on which ones he even plugged in.

And that doesn't  change the fact that anyone can make 'em. Doesn't mean everyone did or knew how.

Throughout the Smash cycles we've seen plenty of individuals pull off specific and elaborate hoaxes that have seemed foolproof before blowing up.

Again also, where's the supposed rationale in these being available to the public this early beforehand and literally no one else ever finding this?

Granted, it's supposedly Europe's fault, but even still,  there's no way no one else couldn't have thought of this considering how hungry for news fans across the world would be.

How the actual fuck is this a misinterpretation and not you going on a long winded “argument” on why this might not be real? And is it not quoting a post where I specifically already acknowledged in a response to you its possibility of not being a genuine leak?

14 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Again, got the source on those "hundreds of characters"? If not, then I don't think we have anything left to discuss.

21 minutes ago, KHCast said:

my source also is in the video I posted...I doubt PG would up and lie, but on his server he says some of his friends entered 100’s of names. Sure there’s always the possibility he’s being taken for a ride, but I’m simply just not entirely dismissing. That’s not the same as believing 

Its in the vid, he says this originated on his server and that some people he knew were entering tons of names. So if you’re done hounding at me and assuming I pulled that claim out of my ass I’d like to actually talk about smash in a fun manner and not like I’m on trial 

10 hours ago, KHCast said:

How the actual fuck is this a misinterpretation and not you going on a long winded “argument” on why this might not be real? And is it not quoting a post where I specifically already acknowledged in a response to you its possibility of not being a genuine leak?

Because it wasn't really an argument, but a response to answer you about how it could still be false. I like to be thorough with my responses.

I wasn't trying to stir anything. So you've kind of made a mountain out a molehill here.

So if you’re done hounding at me and assuming I pulled that claim out of my ass

Note that I never claimed such. That's an unfair assumption on your part.

Just because people give long responses doesn't mean they're out to get you.

Its in the vid, he says this originated on his server and that some people he knew were entering tons of names.

Well now. That helps out with the source bit at least.

Though at this point, honestly, if you're going to try and continue this pointless debate over a misunderstanding and trying to make yourself out as some victim on trial, I don't really see any point engaging you more and indulging this confrontation and helping this thread going off topic.

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

What are you even talking about?

Don't get too excited boys. Those were the easy ones.

Was gonna add I was referencing the Grinch Leak. Which people were so dead set on believing that they were massively disappointed when it turned out fake.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Just because people give long responses doesn't mean they're out to get you.

....you do realize that comment was in response to yknow, the comment of yours quoted right? The block it’s under? Or are you just taking what I’m saying and arranging it so you can continue to argue?

You made these two cute little comments basically accusing me 

Also, I'm guessing you don't have the source on the "hundreds of characters" bit.

I presented the source, the video, at the very beginning which you clearly ignored to watch(considering he brings it up pretty early on iirc)and went to assume I just didn’t have a source and made it up. “Unfair assumption”. You seem to throw that around a lot. If you wanna try painting these two comments as otherwise though, be my guest. But for most people, they can be looked at and interpreted as arrogantly assuming someone made it up.

Also kinda funny you call it a unfair assumption, when you pretty much assumed I up and didn’t have a source pretty quickly 

9 hours ago, KHCast said:

This is under the impression it’s real. Should it be, and they reveal one of the out there picks like Ryu or Artorias, nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

then again, would be interesting if someone at nintendo purposely did this as a way to throw off people’s speculations knowing how fucking batshit crazy the fanbase is with sleuthing to the itty details... 

Ryu Hayabusa isn't really out there.  He's the face of Koei Tecmo, the last big Japanese company without a rep.  He was a part of the old leak that leaked Joker.  He's also been a fixture in gaming, from his debut on the NES to Dead or Alive to Warrior's Oroshi.   Artorias, on the other hand, is definitely out there as even Nintendo gave the amiibo role to Solaire, who is considered much more to be the face of Dark Souls.

I'm not sure if it's possible to understate what a weird pick Artorias would be. 

Franchises with playable fighters in Smash are usually represented by the main protagonists of at least one of the series' games. It's usually only when the game has no main character (Duck Hunt, Wii Fit) that we get someone else first. Why include him above one of the player characters? Yes, his lore is interesting and he has his own place in the world of Dark Souls 1, but when it comes down to it he really is just a DLC boss. He's a really cool DLC boss, mind you, but he's not your proxy that you experience the game world through, nor was he even memed into relevance like Solaire.

And if you're one of the many people I've seen today who read a wiki article on the character and decided "yeah, he seems important enough to be playable" then it's worth pointing out that the lore in Souls games is dense enough that you could write that much about half the bosses in the series. I'd love it if he got in but he feels like too much of a dark horse pick for me to even buy this rumor. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Solly said:

nor was he even memed into relevance like Solaire.

Even Nintendo seems to know who's the most popular

image.png.316267158e62685e84ac03b2da767764.png

Only Dark Souls character with one, might I add.

• Thumbs Up 2

On a lesser note, it'd be amusing that we'd have two Ryus along with two Roys. (Unless they pronounce with "Riyu" instead of "Reeyu," which I mostly doubt)

• Chuckle 1

22 minutes ago, SupahBerry said:

On a lesser note, it'd be amusing that we'd have two Ryus along with two Roys. (Unless they pronounce with "Riyu" instead of "Reeyu," which I mostly doubt)

Or they could say Hayabusa or his full name (I think it's Dead or Alive that called him Hayabusa for short).   I'm also hoping if he's in that we get awesome costumes (Maybe even an alt in the style of his NES outfit) as well as some rendition of the legendary Ninja Gaiden Act 4-2 (Also known as "Unbreakable Determination"):

It's sampled from Ninja Gaiden as much, if not more than Green Hill Zone.   A remix was his theme for Warrior's Orochi 3  , the I Wanna Be the Boshy level based on it chose it, and it was even remixed for the Game Boy game.  It is practically considered his theme at this point.

Edit:  How could I forget the godlike SNES version

• Thumbs Up 1

The nice thing about the current set of alleged leaks is that they'll be firmly proven or disproven as soon as the next DLC character is announced, so we shouldn't have too long to wait.

4 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Even Nintendo seems to know who's the most popular

image.png.316267158e62685e84ac03b2da767764.png

Only Dark Souls character with one, might I add.

Does Nintendo choose amiibos on its own account?  My understanding of the process (from when Shovel Knight got an amiibo) was that third-party companies make their proposals, and it's up to Nintendo to approve them or not.  It seems unlikely to me that Nintendo would dictate the existence of a Solaire of Astora amiibo without From Software having wanted it first.  Not that this necessarily discounts your point, of course.

• Thumbs Up 2