Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

28 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Sans from freaking Undertale is a Mii Fighter Costume

I'll take anything I can get. This is amazing.

Spoiler

"The fallen kid"  can still get in tho.

Also, kinda let down about Terry's stage not being the Transcontinental, but it being Antonov's Arena instead gives some credence to the supposition that he might be KOF Terry instead of his Fatal Fury self. So hopefully we get some Maxmode/HD shenanigans (as i said before, no idea how they'll make it work) to spice him up.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 2

Im disappointed that the leaks were true and Terry's the 4th slot, but 3 of the 5 characters I like in the first dlc pack is hardly worth complaining about.

Again, Sakurai teases me about Geno possibly getting in (I was 99% expecting them to announce Geno as a mii costume after seeing the Megaman costumes). The dream still goes on...

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Samurai mentioned that there will be more characters for the game???

My boy Phoenix Wright might have a chance!

Well, yeah, for good or ill all bets are off all over again. We get yet another year of speculation and leaks.

Also, I've been pointed out that Terry's stage is not Antonov's arena but a generic (american) football stadium repurposed. But it's neat to see Ryo standing in the background like he did in the older KOF games (not quite in the same pose so I'm not sure how much of an homage that is).

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, gato said:

Well, yeah, for good or ill all bets are off all over again. We get yet another year of speculation and leaks.

Also, I've been pointed out that Terry's stage is not Antonov's arena but a generic (american) football stadium repurposed. But it's neat to see Ryo standing in the background like he did in the older KOF games (not quite in the same pose so I'm not sure how much of an homage that is).

I noticed a KoF logo in the middle.   I wonder if the others in the trailer will appear: Nakoruru, Geese, Iori, Kyo, Andy Bogard and Joe Higashi

Nintendo confirmed that Terry is dropping in November, we’ll likely hear about the final fighter pass character in the same Direct/Terry gameplay stream, and see their release in January.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Nintendo confirmed that Terry is dropping in November, we’ll likely hear about the final fighter pass character in the same Direct/Terry gameplay stream, and see their release in January.

Or possibly the Game Awards.  Or maybe they'll announce the first extra character there?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

Guys, take a look at this:

This makes sense, cause KH is SE’s third most successful franchise.

I want Sora the most out of any other character, even above Crash or Spyro, but him being a Disney character is the exact problem. Sakurai has said before that he doesn't fully want to have to go in on getting licensed characters, and has said as such for both Goku and Spongebob despite the ridiculously high amount of requests both have received. 

That's what makes Sora so dicey, he's stuck in a in-between situation where technically they'd have to go to a non-game company (Disney) to get the rights to this game character. It's questionable if Sakurai and Nintendo would put the effort in to do that when Square is already so notorious for being stingy with Smash content.

Still, I'll hold my hopes up that Sora might get announced, but still.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not to mention, DIsney have shown they're not the best company to work with. Have you seen what a shit show (mind you, I don't swear unless it warrants such) that Marvel vs Capcom Infinite turned out to be?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

Image result for arle nadja

With the announcement of additional DLC fighters, I feel like Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo has a genuine chance now. There's now 5 Puyo games on Switch, all in the West, with a sixth on the way (AGES Tsu) and I find it very interesting that Super Puyo Puyo Tsu was included in the Western SNES Online lineup instead of the closest localised equivalent, Kirby's Avalanche. While not as much as some larger names, Arle also has a good amount of support, and in Japan Puyo is obviously very popular - I could see her being the Hero equivalent of the next batch, in a sense. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

With the announcement of additional DLC fighters, I feel like Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo has a genuine chance now. There's now 5 Puyo games on Switch, all in the West, with a sixth on the way (AGES Tsu) and I find it very interesting that Super Puyo Puyo Tsu was included in the Western SNES Online lineup instead of the closest localised equivalent, Kirby's Avalanche. While not as much as some larger names, Arle also has a good amount of support, and in Japan Puyo is obviously very popular - I could see her being the Hero equivalent of the next batch, in a sense. 

If this happened I would 1000% have a new main, I like Amitie more as a protagonist but I adore Puyo Puyo and I think it could be a really cool moveset

Reaction: a Gyromite stage where we’re inside the game and the R.O.B. peripheral is outside the T.V., in a living room, and the T.V. screen has an 80’s screen effect (and by the way, everything outside the T.V. is modeled to match real life).

I know nothing about Puyo Puyo, but does she really have the recognisable star quality of the other DLC characters?

,Asking because I don't know.

Here’s a series of polls for wanted Smash characters after the announcement of more DLC fighters.

Glad to see Sora Top 2 in every single one! And to answer your question, @Plasme: apparently Arle is more popular in Japan, much like the Hero.

Regarding those rankings, read this twitter thread. 

This is even less concrete than the usual fan polls. 

TF2 is one of my favorite games of all time and I love it to death but there is absolutely no way the Heavy is one of the top picks in any region, as amazing as that would be.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

3 hours ago, Solly said:

Regarding those rankings, read this twitter thread. 

This is even less concrete than the usual fan polls. 

TF2 is one of my favorite games of all time and I love it to death but there is absolutely no way the Heavy is one of the top picks in any region, as amazing as that would be.

Was just coming in to say this.  This reddit post is bait at it's finest.  There's American accounts in the Japanese one, IIRC Gundam isn't even a video game character and the lazy dude who made this counted all the Tales series votes as Lloyd.   Then there's the fact that Sakurai asked vfc us not to reply to official accounts with character requests and now you've got less fans actually voting.  That whole thing is bait and shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Thumbs Up 3