Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

unknown.png

I managed to cobble together an entire pass' worth of wishlist material. Above all else I want Arle, but if any of these got in (like Joker did from my original wishlist) I'd be very happy.

Rationale-wise;

Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear): Would give ArcSys a rep, there's a new much-hyped Guilty Gear game on the way, and GG1 and Accent Core are both available on Nintendo Switch. There's a chance they'd ask for Kunio-Kun from Arc instead of Sol, but I feel like Sol has more universal appeal. That, and Guilty Gear music in Smash would probably kill me.

Doomslayer (DOOM): A proper FPS rep, without the rival platform hurdles of Master Chief. That, and DOOM Guy has Nintendo history - the original was on SNES, the N64 had its very own DOOM game, the 2016 game received a stellar port to Switch, and now Doom 1,2 and 3 are also on Switch with 64 on the way. Obviously his games are known for being graphic, but I don't think the original DOOM is anything more violent than say Bayonetta, or even Persona 5 at points - I think they could make him work.

Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo): The big one, and my most wanted character. There are currently 5, soon to be 6 Puyo Puyo games available on Switch (and you can take that to 7 if you count Sonic Mania). It's one of SEGA's biggest series in terms of raw selling power (thanks Japan) and they've made a huge push for it in the West lately with localisations, PC ports, tournaments, and most recently it was part of the Western NSO SNES lineup. I think a mix of her Madou Monogatari spells and Puyo-based moves would be great, and with Puyo particularly she could be a character with some crazy technical setups. 

Officer Howard (Astral Chain)love Astral Chain. It's one of my favourite Platinum Games now. But I thing the Legions could offer a really unique take on a partner gimmick similar to Rosalina and Luma, or the Ice Climbers - giving you proper control over a partner, and allowing them to switch between Legions, Shulk style, would make them a really deep character. The catch is it'd probably be a hell of a thing to program... but I'd love it. Game has killer music too. 

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes): I haven't actually played NMH, but my friends that have played it love it, and from what I've seen of the games Travis is a lovable schmuck so I'd be very down for him to show up in Smash. With NMH being one of the cult hits of the Wii, as well as NMH3 being on the way and TSA being one of the first Switch games announced, I feel he's got good reason to be fighting alongside Mario and co. too. 

That's my rationale, anyways. Not super complex else I'd be here forever, but if any of these get in I'll be pretty happy. And if Arle gets in, I'll combust on the spot. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The ONLY downside about fighting games in smash is that they pretty much always have to go for poster boy fire ball man instead of whatever obscure female character I got comfortable playing as on said game instead. 

That being said, #Sol4Smash. Maybe Baiken will show up in the background of the stage...

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The ONLY downside about fighting games in smash is that they pretty much always have to go for poster boy fire ball man instead of whatever obscure female character I got comfortable playing as on said game instead. 

That being said, #Sol4Smash. Maybe Baiken will show up in the background of the stage...

Oh yeah I would totally go for Baiken or even Dizzy given the choice, but I just thought Sol was the most realistic for the reasons you mentioned.

My Fighter Pass DLC Idea:

Fighter Pass 2:

Master Chief

Tails (with Shadow echo)

Geno

Sora

Rayman

Issac

Chorus Kids

Mach Rider

Dixie Kong

Fighter Pass 3:

Spring Man

Skull Kid

Doomguy

Waluigi

Steve

Knuckles (with Infinite or Silver assist trophy)

50 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Well, unless it's something like Darkstalkers.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

In my wildest dreams we'd be looking at something like: 

Nero

Amaterasu 

Heihachi

Sora 

Sans

>2 capcom characters? ?????

Yes. Blame the other companies for not having Interesting characters. 

>You were just shitting on generic fighting game man and now you want Heihachi?

I mean I just want Tekken music in smash idk

>Sans is already a mii costume huurrr hur checkmate

Yes, it is a great tragedy and I expect the universe to correct itself. 

evJb5zU.jpg

This one's mine. Matthew is interchangeable with Isaac if they decide to upgrade him from Mii Costume/Assist Trophy, but I don't think it's likely (otherwise I'd have Shadow on here). If any of these characters, like Sora, ends up being the last character for Fighters Pass 1, then Rex will replace that character here (although I highly doubt we'd get two Xenoblade characters, RIP).

Also I noticed that I accidentally color coded the characters to the background barring Sora, hehe.

• Thumbs Up 3

My wishlist:

Miles "Tails" Prower (I'd honestly take a fully-fledged fighter or an echo tbh)

Isaac (With Felix and Matthew alts)

Euden

Ryu Hayabusa

Doomguy/Doom Slayer or Ori

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there some kind of generator or you both made it with photoshop? I mean, I guess it's 20 minutes tops, but writting "I want Sora" still takes less time and sends pretty much the same message.

Either way, my first picks would be Shadow (and even more Sonic), Walugi and maaaaaybe Dixie Kong and Krystal. There are infinite number of 3rd parties and I have more 'collect full set' mentality, so I prefer to fill up old franchises.

I know, I'm weird minority. And I'm 90% sure Fighter Passes will be for new 3rd parties.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, since we're tossing out names right now, might as well through out a few:

Waluigi

Sylux

Krystal

Vivi

Eggman

Amy

Sora

On 9/9/2019 at 1:03 AM, Solly said:

Regarding those rankings, read this twitter thread. 

This is even less concrete than the usual fan polls. 

TF2 is one of my favorite games of all time and I love it to death but there is absolutely no way the Heavy is one of the top picks in any region, as amazing as that would be.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:02 PM, Sonictrainer said:

Sans from freaking Undertale is a Mii Fighter Costume

On 9/4/2019 at 9:23 PM, Sonictrainer said:

Here's Sans in action

The fuc--thats rREAL?

Here's my hopes for the next set of fighters:

>Byelth

>Adeleine and Ribbon

>Sora

>Crash Bandicoot

>Pauline

Quick shout-out to potential SwSh rep in the future.

By the way, is it okay if we start a Smash boss creation thread using Ultimate's boss philosophy?

Well since Shadow and Tails are higher in demand, Eggman might as well be a boss. But maybe not Death Egg Robot. How about Egg Viper? Despite being 3D boss, he was though on straight line, so it would be fun to see it translated to Smash Bros. If not Eggman, then Chaos Perfect/6/switching forms(?), that would be cool too. ...What SA1 bias? Fiiiiine, how about True Boss of Sonic Mania. Or Time Eater, would be nice to have a good fight against him.

Other series? Willy Machine would be nice (either new or 4/8), but we already have Yellow Devil. So maybe Andros, Dark Matter or Mother Brain? They'll never be playable anyway.

...I know, I know! I want Metal Gear! It's hard to find any other franchise where boss fight is so much part of series identity. Maybe save for Monster Hunter.

Here's my wishlist, making use of Tracker's template a little further up!

EEQb5JcXkAAe1_-?format=jpg&name=large

2B is TECHNICALLY the most wild here since she's never appeared on a Nintendo console, but it's clear she'd make a fun fighter. I don't have any particular ideas for her stage mind you.

Shantae would make SUCH a fun fighter. Scuttle Town is known for being set on fire a lot and having walls with blocks pushing out and in as a platforming mechanic so I feel we could get some Mighty Switch Force crossbuzz here too - have Patty cameo if a MSF song is playing.

Jade... well, I was all ready to have Rayman as my third pick but it took me so long to find the particular render I wanted to use that in that time I remembered how I loved BG&E more than Rayman as far as Ubisoft games go, so whoops it's all girls. There'd have to be some kinda intergration of photography into her moveset I feel. Her stage could periodically get attacked by Domz like in the opening hours of the game.

Marina is my personal pipe dream pick. Having Neo, my fave song from the game but only appears in two stages, as a remix is also personal fanservice. I guess I could go all out and use the Cave world for a stage instead since it's my fave aesthetic, but let's not go nuts.

D.Va... I feel if we're going to get an Overwatch character it'll probably end up being Tracer but I feel D.Va would be cooler, including the in-and-out of mech mechanic somehow. Man, can't you just imagine re-creations of her highlight intros playing on the victory screen!?

I used the Joker DLC's music as a template for "three remixes, eight original songs" but take those with a pinch of salt since obviously Persona, Monster Hunter and Banjo-Kazooie all had wildly different music representation. Persona's feels the most "tempered expectations".

EDIT: As a bonus, here’s a playlist of my music choices, mainly coz I wanted to listen to it myself while doing something ACTUALLY productive with the rest of the day.

Used most recent versions of Burning Town and Boss Battle for Shantae, but I imagine those remixes taking from all versions. "Fight Medley" for Jade I imagine being a blend between "Fight" and "Fight (Arranged)", which are included in the playlist. The Lúcio Medley I imagine as a mostly original song using Lúcio's Speed/Healing songs + DJ emote song as a basis for different parts. The Map medley I imagine being a remix that would keep fairly consistent instrumentation but using melodies from all sorts of map loading themes. (Didn't include the medley stuff for OW in the playlist coz the lucio stuff are very short songs in their original context and the map themes... there are a lot of those. I feel Watchpoint and King's Row can stand on their own though, which is why they're Original song picks). FINALLY bare in mind this playlist is more aimed at those who have played the related games and want a reminder of what songs are what to appreciate my choices - there are final boss/ending themes etc in here that are better enjoyed for the first time in their intended context.

• Thumbs Up 4

All right, I'll give it a go:

cqWcCGC.jpg

Amaterasu (Okami) - A long shot, but the series is on the Switch now and even has an exclusive on the DS, so the history is there. She'd obviously differ quite a bit from other fighters, being a quadruped armed with a paintbrush and whip, among other weapons.

Edelgard (FE: Three Houses) - I know some people will inwardly groan at the thought of another FE rep, but with Three Houses doing so well, it would be strange to ignore it (assuming Nintendo is considering first party challengers for additional DLC). Edelgard would also be very unique among current FE reps, as a heavily-armoured, female axe-wielder, not to mention

(STORY SPOILERS)

a possible "villain" rep since she is the antagonist in most story routes and the driving force of the narrative in all of them.

I'd be pretty pissed if the avatar was chosen instead.

Arle (Puyo Puyo) - I left Tracker's original suggestion in, since she's another one I'd be happy with. SEGA is on very friendly terms with Nintendo and Puyo Puyo is second only to Sonic as their most successful franchise (or at least one of them). It even recently crossed over with Tetris and we could always do with more puzzle rep.

Officer Howard (Astral Chain) - Another one I'm on board with, despite having no experience with the game. I've heard it's doing very well, so if we're in for more Nintendo reps, it'd make sense for this IP to be a priority.

Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers) - I'll be honest; I've never played a Darkstalkers game, but did really enjoy Hsien-Ko in MvC3. The team's been adding a lot of fighting game characters recently, so what's one more? Sadly, she'd probably not be chosen over one of the male characters (even if she did make it in over them in MvC3).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I finally assembled my own list:

FightersPass2WishListShade.png

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden): I really feel like his fighting style would be a cool addition to Smash Bros, especially since we've only got two other Ninja characters in the game (Sheik and Greninja).

Sora (Kingdom Hearts): A generally popular pick, so I don't really have to explain much about why I want him, but I will clarify, for licensing simplicity and for my own preferences, absolutely no Disney-specific content would be in Smash.

Rayman (Rayman): The old fake leak from the past always comes back to my mind, making me wish it were real. Rayman's got a unique style of attack that gives him unprecedented range for a melee fighter, being able to throw his limbs and whatnot. you could even have plok as his alt skin

Spyro (Spyro the Dragon): He's able to glide, breathe fire, charge at things, and generally I feel like he'd be a good, unique addition to the game.

Heihachi (Tekken): Ever since I learned he was considered for Smash 4 I've wanted him to actually get in. He'd be the first time that a series got first repped by its antagonist, rather than protagonist. Plus he's got a cool design, an iconic personality, and a unique moveset that would involve his thunder melee attack, and other signature moves of his.

• Thumbs Up 1

Continuing somewhat what I said earlier in the thread about bosses; I'm not particularly upset about the boss lineup (far from it). I'm simply just curious as to what other unique bosses would've been in the game, so here's my take on a boss lineup:

Light Realm

Master Hand

Giga Bowser (Giga Bowser (Melee))

Galleom (Boss Battle Song 1 (Brawl))

Queen Sectonia (Moonstruck Blossom)

Perfect Chaos (Open Your Heart)

Galeem (WoL only)

Dark Realm

Crazy Hand

Ganon (Ganondorf 2nd Half-Twilight Princess)

Nightmare (Vs. Nightmare-Kirby's Adventure)

Medeus (Medeus, Shadow Dragon)

Dracula (Nothing to Lose/Black Night)

Dharkon (WoL only)

Blizzard came out and confirmed that they would be open to having a Overwatch character joining Smash at some point in the future. What this also confirms however is that Overwatch isn't currently on the cards since if a character was, Blizzard would be under a NDA to not discuss it.

Really hope it happens though. It would be interesting to see who they'd go for. 

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Blizzard came out and confirmed that they would be open to having a Overwatch character joining Smash at some point in the future. What this also confirms however is that Overwatch isn't currently on the cards since if a character was, Blizzard would be under a NDA to not discuss it.

Really hope it happens though. It would be interesting to see who they'd go for. 

If it happens, they'll prolly go with Tracer, since she's more recognisable or something.

Weirdly I keep thinking they'll use either Lucio, D.va or Doomfist otherwise.

As much as I want Symmetra as a contender, she's a support character, and her moveset would be limited in the game.

If I were forced to add an Overwatch character Symmetra would be my go-to. She's one of my favorite characters and largely avoid the annoying mechanics that most of the other characters have strapped to them. I like a lot of Symmetra's set-up mechanics and think they'd be a good addition to a game focused so much on positioning. It would make for a good technical addition to the game to be able to place turrets and teleporters that the other players have to worry about or maybe even use themselves in the case of the teleporter.

They'd obviously go with Tracer though and that isn't a bad thing. She has some of my favorite movement mechanics in the game and I've wanted a Rewind type mechanic in Smash for a while anyway. 

Ana was by far my favorite character in the game to play as but she'd be better suited as an assist trophy that can buff whoever summoned her and debuff her opponents. 

• Thumbs Up 2

584.jpg

Thought you all might like to see this. So, it turns out, the last request ever given to Sakurai by the great and late Iwata-San, was in fact a Smash Bros game for the Switch.

Which really puts into perspective,  the amount of love and time dedicated towards this game above and beyond.

• Thumbs Up 8