Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

How well does it work in...not 1 vs 1?

...To be honest, I don't know. But I'm sure Sakurai might find a way to make it work.

2 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

...To be honest, I don't know. But I'm sure Sakurai might find a way to make it work.

It's already in the game, so I assume they had to...

I just haven't seen it yet.

I don't really care for Terry, nice to know he has a deep gameplay, he's easily my least interesting pick out of the fighter pass but I hope this pleases his fans. But I have to admit I'm glad I paid for the full fighter pass, they are all great characters, my favorite choices obviously are Hero and Banjo (although he's simple, but okay, I love his animations and deserved to be in Smash), I'm glad because at first it seemed the game was holding back on new characters and focusing on bringing old content back, which was kinda boring to me, but they really fixed this with the Fighter Pass, also I wanted more third parties, I got my wish, and there are even more fighters coming...

• Thumbs Up 1

Works just like it does in a 1v1. Press back from the way you're facing + B and do a Crack Shoot. Sorted. Same with recovering using it.

Anyway, I am in love with how Terry plays. I was already over the moon with him being in but he's so satisfying to use. Incidentally if you want to see some footage of him being used in free for alls I just uploaded some footage... though I spend a fair amount of it crack shooting off stages so maybe it's not the best example. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

Works just like it does in a 1v1. Press back from the way you're facing + B and do a Crack Shoot. Sorted. Same with recovering using it.

Anyway, I am in love with how Terry plays. I was already over the moon with him being in but he's so satisfying to use. Incidentally if you want to see some footage of him being used in free for alls I just uploaded some footage... though I spend a fair amount of it crack shooting off stages so maybe it's not the best example. 

Hey, that's me in the thumbnail! :D

So, I was thinking about the next character and when they could be announced... Anyone think it's likely that they could possibly be announced next month at the Game Awards, like Joker was?

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, so: here's how I see a KH stage in Smash, if Sora was ever a fighter;

Station of Awakening: Shows projections of different parts of the original KH worlds that appear on a giant flat stage.

Destiny Islands: The bridge near the water; cameos by KH1 Riku and Kairi.

Traverse Town: The tower in the 4th district, before the coliseum. A Meow Wow balloon appears on one side of the stage every now and then.

Hollow Bastion: The moving platforms near the last floor of the castle; cameos by Shadows, Soldiers and Large Bodies.

End of the World: A group of space rocks that float in different directions, and sometimes clash with each other; cameo by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.

Radiant Garden: The gate to the castle, with two pillars on either side; cameos by BbS Kairi, Even, Dilan, Ienzo and Aeleus.

Castle Oblivion: A group of twisted platforms with doors that teleport the player to different sections; cameos by Marluxia, Larxene, Vexen, Zexion, Lexeaus, and Naminé.

Twilight Town: The Clock Tower with buildings on either side down below, above a tram; cameos by Axel, Roxas and Xion.

The World that Never Was: Buildings that occasionally move up and down; cameos by Saïx, Xigbar, Luxord, Demyx, Xaldin, and Xemnas.

Land of Departure: A central platform in the middle, with two floating platforms on either side held together by a breakable chain; cameos by Terra, Ventus, Aqua and Eraqus.

Keyblade Graveyard: A stony stage with ravaged Keyblades that pop up from a random area of the screen (31%, medium knockback); cameos by Vanitas and Master Xehanort.

Scala ad Caelum: The top of the clock tower where the final battle of KH3 takes place; cameos by the Seekers of Darkness, who all cast a spell that rains down lasers on random reticles on the stage (30%, medium knockback)

The order of the projections is random, but Scala is usually the 4th or 5th one.

After every 3rd projection, a Darkside appears as a stage boss.

Here's mine for future Fighter Passes:

Final Fighter Pass #5 - Master Chief (Halo)

Fighter Pass #2

#1 - Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)

#2 - Geno (Super Mario RPG)

#3 - Tails (Sonic) along with Shadow echo fighter

#4 - Crash (Crash Bandicoot) along with Coco echo fighter

#5 - Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

#6 - Issac (Golden Sun)

#7 - Steve (Minecraft)

Fighter Pass #3

#1 - Dixie Kong 

#2 - Doomguy (DOOM)

#3 - Ryu (Ninja Gaiden)

#4 - Waluigi

#5 - Skull Kid

#6 - Bomberman

#7 - Jill/Chris (Resident Evil)

On 11/10/2019 at 8:49 AM, SonicXtremeMania said:

Here's mine for future Fighter Passes:

Final Fighter Pass #5 - Master Chief (Halo)

Fighter Pass #2

#1 - Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)

#2 - Geno (Super Mario RPG)

#3 - Tails (Sonic) along with Shadow echo fighter

#4 - Crash (Crash Bandicoot) along with Coco echo fighter

#5 - Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

#6 - Issac (Golden Sun)

#7 - Steve (Minecraft)

Fighter Pass #3

#1 - Dixie Kong 

#2 - Doomguy (DOOM)

#3 - Ryu (Ninja Gaiden)

#4 - Waluigi

#5 - Skull Kid

#6 - Bomberman

#7 - Jill/Chris (Resident Evil)

Please try to write more than a list post; others have made wishlists in this thread before and have at least explained what they'd want to see to inspire discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Recently I've started wondering if there's actually a chance that Puyo Puyo's Arle Nadja could be Fighter 5, rather than having to wait for a potential slot in the next batch of fighters (whether it's a pass or not).

• Sakurai saying being recognisable isn't the most important thing.
  • Sakurai's love of SEGA arcade games (to the point he personally asked M2 to bring their SEGA 3D Classics to Switch, and lamented that nowadays people wouldn't understand what an After Burner arcade cabinet was when he last visited SEGA).  
  • Puyo's huge popularity as an IP in Japan - considered on par with Hello Kitty. 
  • To that effect, Puyo's legacy - one of the most recognisable puzzle games besides Tetris in at least some form (even if your first was Mean Bean), and over 25 years of history.
  • Puyo's resurgence in the West - 6 or so Puyo games on Switch, all localised... 
  • ... including the baffling inclusion Super Puyo Tsuu in the English version instead of the SNES Online app, over Kirby's Avalanche. This means the most popular and defining Puyo game, Puyo Tsu, will be on Switch twice thanks to the upcoming AGES version!
  • Nintendo properties suddenly showed up in Puyo Quest surveys towards the end of last month, asking about potential collaborations for the game. 

If not Fighter 5, I definitely have a good feeling about Arle getting in eventually. I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

...and pray "Smash Bros x Puyo Puyo" doesn't show up during a Mii Fighter bit. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

10 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I hope it's not the fucking awful Sonic Team one.

I like Sonic Team's Puyo artstyle... though I do prefer the originals.

That said, since this is Sakurai we're talking about I could see him trying to swing them over to letting him include the Compile-era design, at least as an alt. Or maybe just doing what Puyo Quest has started doing recently - including SEGA Arle, but in a Compile outfit.

ImageImage

(They haven't done an old costume alt for Arle yet, but as an example here's Puyo-n Witch and Puyo Sun Schezo)

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Hey, how’s this for a gimmick if Crash got in Smash: at 85% or higher, Aku Aku appears and increases your defense.

It's make him pretty obnoxious to fight and negate the purpose of the percentage gimmick to begin with.

Maybe he'd just take a particularly strong hit for Crash like in the actual game. Even then I'd have trouble accepting him triggering at such a low percent. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

I like Sonic Team's Puyo artstyle... though I do prefer the originals.

That said, since this is Sakurai we're talking about I could see him trying to swing them over to letting him include the Compile-era design, at least as an alt. Or maybe just doing what Puyo Quest has started doing recently - including SEGA Arle, but in a Compile outfit.

ImageImage

(They haven't done an old costume alt for Arle yet, but as an example here's Puyo-n Witch and Puyo Sun Schezo)

The design I was thinking was……the art style of SEGA, but the proportions of Compile, mixing both designs.

Just now, Perkilator said:

The design I was thinking was……the art style of SEGA, but the proportions of Compile.

Thing is, "proportions of Compile" are hard to pin down since Arle did actually age throughout the original Compile series. And even so, the examples below are by no means exhaustive - no Waku Puyo Dungeon for instance.

hCMkXl4.png

(the last image in the Compile bit is actually from Madou Monogatari, but sshhhhh)

I think it'd end up falling between the Puyo 2 and Modern designs as to what Sakurai would go with. Puyo 2 because it's the defining game of the series, and the Modern one because SEGA would probably mandate it. 

• Thumbs Up 3

ITT: turns out everyone hates SEGA Arle

technically I'm in with my people here but I still feel bad for SEGA Arle lmfao

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

It's make him pretty obnoxious to fight and negate the purpose of the percentage gimmick to begin with.

Maybe he'd just take a particularly strong hit for Crash like in the actual game. Even then I'd have trouble accepting him triggering at such a low percent. 

Okay, but how about this. When you get to 85%, you send Activision money and it gives you a Final Smash.

• Chuckle 4
  • Absolutely 1

2 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Okay, but how about this. When you get to 85%, you send Activision money and it gives you a Final Smash.

Speaking of characters, how would you react if Claude from Three Houses was a fighter? I made a moveset for him on DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/herotrainer7/art/Smash-Moveset-Claude-von-Riegan-819100253

• 2 weeks later...

Sugimori art...in a Smash game...God is real...

....although that just makes the lack of Three Houses, Dragalia AND Astral Chain ANYTHING, much less Spirits, even more suspicious.

47 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

even more suspicious

What? I doubt that automatically means anything regarding entries into Smash.

8 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

What? I doubt that automatically means anything regarding entries into Smash.

Oh, I'm not implying it does. I simply find it suspicious.