Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

39 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

This isn't a joke:

Update your Smash game.  They shadowdropped a new stage (Small Battlefield)

Here's my tweet showing the new stage select screen so I don't waste storage for a one time post

HAHAHAAHAHAHA oh wait, you're serious.

LET ME LAUGH EVEN HARDER.

According to Sakurai's tweets, he created it because he noticed when watching competitive play they tend to do 1v1, and he personally felt Battlefield was too wide and Final Destination was too empty for a truly exciting match.  So Sakurai created Small Battlefield as a best-of-both-words type stage to design a stage perfect for intense 1v1 matches.  I love the layout personally, and I feel those who are more skilled than myself in the competitive scene will be able to do amazing things on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's a cool addition as a new legal stage available for quickplay. It's just a shame there isn't a Small Battlefield version for other stages tho, but I understand it probably takes a lot of work to do that. Maybe in a future update. 

Also, now we can toggle any track in the game to play on any of the original Smash stages. This finally allows for MUCH more music variety in competitive play. Now I can potentially watch a grand finals set with Rivers in the Desert playing. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

The Joker and Hero amiibos release between September and October, right? Can we expect the next fighter around then?

1 minute ago, Perkilator said:

The Joker and Hero amiibos release between September and October, right? Can we expect the next fighter around then?

Absolutely no gurantee of the sort. 

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s say FP Vol. 1 (and Piranha Plant) was this:

• The Wild Card (Piranha Plant): Pretty much an excuse to do whatever if a fighter had to be locked behind a pre-order bonus for a bit.
  • The Outsider (Joker): A popular hit, but little to no connection with Nintendo
  • The Legend (Hero): A character from a massively popular and influential series
  • The Fan Favorite (Banjo): A character who stays popular despite having not seen too much time in the spotlight as of late
  • The Dark Horse (Terry): An iconic yet niche character who isn’t considered very likely
  • The Promo Pick (Byelth): A character from a fairly recent game (bonus points if it’s Switch exclusive)

If Vol. 2 mirrors this, which characters would you add? Me, personally:

• Wild Card: Min Min (since she’s already in)
  • Outsider: Chosen Undead (for such a popular series, it’s kinda jarring that only the first game has seen Nintendo presence, and that’s only a Switch port)
  • The Legend: Crash Bandicoot (fellow rival platformer of Mario and Sonic, massively popular worldwide)
  • Fan Favorite: Bandana Dee (widely considered the series’ “4th main character”)
  • Dark Horse: Sakura Shinguji (a series mostly popular in Japan, with only two games giving overseas the time of day)
  • Promo Pick: Cinderace (a Spirit Event-and one that not only happened during Vol. 1, but barely even scratched the surface of the Galar Pokédex-isn’t going to stop a recent entry in the biggest media franchise of all time)

Honorable mentions:

• Sora (fan favorite): Figured this choice would be a bit divisive
  • Euden (dark horse)

9RGNdZf.jpg

It took absolutely forever and was way more frustrating than I'd like, but I now have every character (so far) in Elite Smash!!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

I’m feeling on the money that it 100% has to be Crash Bandicoot.

If it isn’t Crash then it’s a massively missed opportunity considering the new game is out on Friday. I even said ages ago if Crash ever made it into the roster then timing it with the new games release would make sense.

C’mon Sakurai - don’t disappoint me this time! 😅

Maybe they're celebrating Hallow'een by putting in Dante? I dunno, I don't put stakes in the smash reveals tbh, it's just more fun to throw darts at the board. 

I've no idea who it will be and don't even really have skin in the game - but it's always fun to watch the reveals, and then the fallout.  Given how short the presentation is, I'm guessing this is a pure reveal, with Sakurai announcing the extended breakdown video for a later date.  Actually, given the odd brevity of the format, I wonder if they're going to tell us it's releasing later than they would otherwise have liked.

53 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Maybe they're celebrating Hallow'een by putting in Dante? I dunno, I don't put stakes in the smash reveals tbh, it's just more fun to throw darts at the board. 

I doubt it, the schedule has been thrown back due to COVID, so it’s likely that this reveal was due months ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

I made this a while ago, but never posted it and with a character reveal tomorrow, I thought now is as a good of a time as any:

2xlGVR3.png

Digimon really deserves some representation, far above series people keep mentioning, like Crash or Devil May Cry.

I think it'll probably be Monster Hunter, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Marcello said:

I made this a while ago, but never posted it and with a character reveal tomorrow, I thought now is as a good of a time as any:

2xlGVR3.png

Digimon really deserves some representation, far above series people keep mentioning, like Crash or Devil May Cry.

I think it'll probably be Monster Hunter, though.

Although I personally still place my vote for Crash... Digimon is an interesting one to consider!

Whilst I’d love to see that franchise represented in Smash in some way (I mean Charizard Vs Greymon? Hell yes! ...It’s like another Sonic Vs Mario situation with two opposing franchises), I’d also be worried how they represent them and even if they’d do a good job.

I mean, say they use Agumon in your example - I would hope they at least include the Digivolving mechanic to include Greymon > Metal Greymon > Wargreymon. Perhaps In a similar vein in that Pokemon Trainer can switch between multiple Pokemon this mechanic could work mid battle at least.

Still, as much as I would love it, I can’t see them including them over other entrants sadly (...plus we need more fire emblem representation!) *jk* 

On the flipside, there is the pretty decent Smash Ripoff Digimon Rumble Arena to fall back on if it doesn’t work out for the mon’s.

Re: Digimon, I agree that Digivolution is a must, but I have a feeling that multicharacter is probably more than we can expect if we're in DLC fighter territory - which is a shame, as Galarian Trainer would easily be the best new Pokemon pick, if there is to be one.  I don't think there's any single sufficiently compelling candidate from Sword/Shield; Cinderace and Urshifu, the most obvious choices, just aren't that exciting, and I say that as somebody with them on my team.  The closest thing the games had to a breakout character was the female trainer.  Maybe Sirfetch'd.

I also Thumbs Upped for Isaac, though presumably it would have to be Felix - and no issues there, he's the real hero.

Who? 

I mean, I know what minecraft is but I don’t play it. So to me it just reads as that they essentially incorporated random block guy NPC’s? I don’t really get it.

I think maybe a better fit would have been like Sans - as a Mii fighter costume. Defo not warranted of a slot IMO.

And Man, I’ll say it again. Totally should have been Crash Bandicoot. Timing was spot on for it. Such a missed opportunity as ever from the Big N. Still, I can’t say I’m too upset as I went into this prepared to be disappointed - and Nintendo haven’t disappointed in that regard lately. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

Not a character on my wishlist but I DID think it'd happen eventually and he looks really fun to play as, so I'm good with this!

4 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

Who? 

I mean, I know was minecraft is but I don’t play it. So to me it just reads as that they essentially just incorporated random block guy NPC’s? I don’t really get it.

Almost would have rather had a Fire Emblem Character 🤣 

Man, I’ll say it again. Totally should have been Crash Bandicoot. Timing was spot on for it. Such a missed opportunity as ever from the Big N. Nevermind. 

Activision would be interested in it as a promotional opportunity...but seeing as they have nothing to promote on Switch for Crash right now, that would be pointless. 

Anyway, joke above aside, I'm not that fussed over this (I'd take it over another FE rep that's for sure), it'll just into the pile of characters I never use.