Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

While it's a shame the Shantae dream is dead, I never expected her to place alongside the gaming alumni that's made up the rest of the DLC, so the fact that she even got the deluxe treatment of coming with a song is fine by me, and she's one of the less goofy looking costumes (unlike say, the Sonic characters for example).

While I still wish wish wish they would do an update that gives you free reign over My Music and let you use whatever songs on whatever stage you like (or at least allow "other" category songs onto any stage you like), Burning Town being added to the soundtrack at all is fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Lythero 🎮 on Twitter: "I rate Devil May Cry games with a  0/DanteGetsStabbedWithHisOwnSword scale. If Dante gets stabbed by his own  sword and shrugs it off in DMC5, we golden.… https://t.co/l9FJRvmW2U"

kazuya looks fun

I had to screencap this for a meme I’m so sorry Wraith lol

The pic plus the comment is just the perfect encapsulation of how people are feeling 

Man, that was just straight up a triple threat of pain from Sakurai. Deconfirming the rumours of an extra final slot that people were running with, showing Dante and then Shantae right after, hitting down two of the most wanted characters as well, big oof. 

Shantae feels so mixed to me. I like she's got a deluxe costume now, and it has some music to go with it, but I still kinda wish we had gotten her in, both as an oddball representative, and as a proper indie character (Which I still find really weird that Shovel Knight and Shantae are in the series as spirits and assists and the like, but that's it). I get she's not among the more popular series around, but it still has a weird sting to have her deconfirmed like this, even if her deconfirmation has at least a bit more effort than the other costumes.

Dante...yeah, even as someone still making my way through the series, I can only imagine how heartbreaking it is to fans of the franchise, especially as just a regular outfit + wig. Feels like there was the potential for something with Dante's combos, and massive range of weapons, and it's gone out the window now.

My only other takeaway is I'm thankful that Crash, Eggman, and obviously Sora weren't deconfirmed (although let's be honest, the chances of that last one is lower than anyone else, so him surviving the deconfirmation waves means diddly nothing), but it still blows for everyone else who wanted Shantae and Dante.

Also - Kazuya looks...interesting. It's interesting how they translated Tekken's fighting style and combos into Smash, although I feel like he's gonna be a more 1v1 orientated character, due to others being able to interrupt his combos and the like, something that could probably get annoying to the people taking the time to learn them. 

9 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

-Shantae

Heh. Looks like my predicitions came true when I said my girl would make it into Smash. A mii fighter Deluxe costume and a soundtrack are a keen win. The proportions make it just about her anyway.

Though, now I may have to main mii brawler as well. :U

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Deconfirming the rumours of an extra final slot that people were running with,

That’s no ones fault but the fans? Sakurai said multiple times over this pass this was it lol

even leakers and notable speculators like Papagenos said it wasn’t a guarantee and to curb expectations 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, KHCast said:

That’s no ones fault but the fans? Sakurai said multiple times over this pass this was it lol

I never said it was Sakurai's fault. I never bought into the rumours that there was an extra slot coming because I knew from the very beginning that Sakurai had done interviews confirming FP2 was it, and nothing else was in the works.

I just find it funny that Sakurai decided to declare it on stream right before deconfirming two requested characters as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fair.

anyway, moving back to Kazuya...I think it’s safe to say Kazuya is gonna be used a lot in tournament scene. Super Armor just caked onto him, mad zoner, uninterrupted combos, cutscene combos, A TAUNT COMBO ATTACK etc. fuck lol he looks fun 

In regards to Shantae getting a deluxe mii costume, Sakurai did go on to say that the mii costumes presented today did get high requests. Could mean good news for Shantae in Smash 6.

• Thumbs Up 1

At the very least the characters are getting included in some way (especially happy about Shantae and Lloyd)... but I'll be damned if it doesn't feel like a backhanded compliment/inclusion when he mentions they were heavily requested and hopes we are happy with their Mii version inclusion 😅

Well, I sorta got a lot of the characters right? Just as Mii costumes lol... guess we’ll see if anything else on this list gets in 

3DAF14FD-1794-43D0-96E9-302FC0D1277E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

In regards to Shantae getting a deluxe mii costume, Sakurai did go on to say that the mii costumes presented today did get high requests. Could mean good news for Shantae in Smash 6.

Probably not. It just means that they're aware that people want these characters. Just look at Geno they know people have been asking for him since the days of Brawl and look at what happened. 

2 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Probably not. It just means that they're aware that people want these characters. Just look at Geno they know people have been asking for him since the days of Brawl and look at what happened. 

Geno is in a much different situation though.

Shame he didn't get the deluxe treatment like Shantae did though. You have my condolences for that.

I'm more surprised that Lloyd was but into the Mii costume situation twice than anything or we didn't get a Tales of Character as a fighter like Yuri. 

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

I'm more surprised that Lloyd was but into the Mii costume situation twice than anything or we didn't get a Tales of Character as a fighter like Yuri. 

Well, apparently Kazuya took the Bamco slot, so it is what it is.

I'm expecting Shin Megami Tensei V's protagonist to be the final DLC character, I'm okay with anyone as long as it's not a 1st party Nintendo character. lol

And for Mii costumes, this is a very long shot but I'm hoping Adol Christin from Ys makes it in as Mii Swordfighter.

3 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

It's not surprising at all imo. If I were Bamco, I would rather have the latest Tales of protag join instead of an older one like Yuri or Velvet, and Tales of Arise isn't coming to Switch. That doesn't make it impossible for Alphen to join, it just makes it a lot less likely.

7 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

It's not surprising at all imo. If I were Bamco, I would rather have the latest Tales of protag join instead of an older one like Yuri or Velvet, and Tales of Arise isn't coming to Switch. That doesn't make it impossible for Alphen to join, it just makes it a lot less likely.

You do realize you'd piss off several fans if you did that, right? The older characters are ones who are beloved by many people. And I say this as someone who's out of touch with Tales in general.

Shantae being represented at all in this game is pretty cool. Her journey from starring in a Game Boy Color title that most people skipped out on to being recognizable enough to be in Super Smash Bros. has been incredible. 

26 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Shantae being represented at all in this game is pretty cool. 

She was a spirit when the game came out, but still cool to have her as a mii costume.

Now that I'm not salty I can say The tekken DLC looks pretty insane. I tend to gravitate toward aggressive/combo heavy characters to begin with so I know Kazuya would deliver there, but like, all the unique mechanics they snuck in, holy shit, lol. I hope we get more FG characters in smash 6

inputs.png?width=646&height=499

Was really pulling for Solitude/Aloneness so I'm glad to see that made it on the tracklist.

This was the series's big sendoff to Heihachi, and with his VA passing after Tekken 7's release his future as a character is definitely uncertain. Their reasoning for choosing Kazuya instead was definetly sound, but man it would have been cool for Heihachi to get immortalized in the biggest fighting game.

Tekken 7's OST is one of the best I've ever heard so 3 songs wasn't going to be able to do it justice, but they picked a good trio. My favorite was Devil's Pit but I figured it wasn't "Iconic" enough and I was right. Moonsiders is an excellent song though and Heat Haze Shadow will be good for tournament sets.

• Thumbs Up 7

37 minutes ago, Wraith said:

but man it would have been cool for Heihachi to get immortalized in the biggest fighting game.

Well, at least we have him in the stage of Smash.

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Well, at least we have him in the stage of Smash.

And a spirit and Mii costume. 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

And a spirit and Mii costume. 

True. That's still more than Phoenix Wright or the Ace Attorney series currently has in Smash.....suspiciously enough.

31 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

True. That's still more than Phoenix Wright or the Ace Attorney series currently has in Smash.....suspiciously enough.

To be fair you can say that about any current unrepresented series in Smash 

• Thumbs Up 2