Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I genuinely can't believe Sora actually got added to the game. I've wanted him in since Brawl, and with all of the hurdles that was in front of him due to Disney, I expected it was never gonna happen.

To see it actually happen now, it's something else entirely. Absolutely one of the best choices to end off FP2, and Ultimate as a whole. Can't say I'm too surprised that Sora was actually ahead in the Smash ballet after all either.

Only disappointments I have - and they're nitpicks more than anything - I would've liked a Roxas alt/echo, and I would've preferred a better song selection (I can get the licensed songs, but no Darkness of the Unknown, Rage Awakened, Tension Rising, 13th Struggle, The Other Promise, and Vector to the Heavens, etc is absolutely bizarre to me). Other than that, I love how Sora looks to play and how they incorporated his moveset from the series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the biggest disappointment for me is the lack of new arrangements for KH's music. We got a... decent selection of songs, but I always enjoy it when Smash goes fucking wild with them.

• Thumbs Up 1

My only disappointments were no drive form special abilities and no 13th struggle. Otherwise that was awesome. Still kinda hurt to see Doom Guy get Mii'ed. Everyone I want gets Mii'ed XD

Ah yes, Kingdom Hearts, that notoriously obscure western franchise.  Congratulations to all the Sora fans!  An indubitably fitting choice.

14 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

I also like how they managed to avoid any Disney infringements with the backdrops, music, stages etc haha.

“Ehhh” is all i can think to say about true announcement of Kingdom Hearts Coming to Switch, no reason that these need to be cloud versions (at least for 1.5 and 2.5).

I own them all anyway on PS4… but way to excite then decimate potential new buyers with “IT’S COMING!!”

”…on cloud *cough*”

Yeah, that was the low point to me. To me, it was like "Oh, Square Enix actually found a way.... Oh wait, It's on the cloud and not able to be played without some kind of internet connection. " Well, that and a version of Dearly Beloved is only available if a person bought Melody of Memories. And to be honest, I didn't really like the MoM gameplay because of the demo sooo.... yeah. 

Side note... Man, they just really like to say Kairi is a novice here. I just wished they actually did something substantial with her in the KH series because last year's game with MoM didn't really fulfill it when I looked it up online.

The only downside is that they gave him the most vanilla moveset imaginable given how expansive Sora's arsenal is. But I suppose that's probably on Disney. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kuzu said:

The only downside is that they gave him the most vanilla moveset imaginable given how expansive Sora's arsenal is. But I suppose that's probably on Disney. 

Pheeew...  I was kind of feeling the same as well, but I didn't want to say anything since people seemed excited on here. It was especially noticeable in the demo battle showcase with Sephiroth and Cloud, at least to me. Both the regular moves and Final Smashes of those two seemed to be more exciting than Sora's.

He's definitely a bit vanilla in comparison to most of the DLC fighters. I figured that they would've gone for some of KH3's Grand Magic/Form Change shenanigans as his gimmick.

I'm pretty fine with Sora being so straightforward though. Counter is kind of a waste, but still fine.

7 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

That honestly is my biggest issue. Was hoping for drive form mechanic or the keyblade to transform like it did in 3. But...it's just basic bitch KH1 moves....and mostly the bland ones. 

Still better than Sonic tho lol

37 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

I also like how they managed to avoid any Disney infringements with the backdrops, music, stages etc haha.

And yet, they still got the Mickey Mouse ears in there, somehow.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2021 at 8:03 PM, Curse of Franken Frog CC14 said:

I'd LOVE to see Sora as well, but I just don't see it happening with all the Disney stuff. I would be OVERJOYED to be wrong, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I CANNOT FREAKING BELIEVE that not only are we presently living in a reality where SORA IS THE FINAL SMASH ULTIMATE DLC FIGHTER, but the EXACT SAME THING happened as when I audibly doubted Banjo's inclusion on here. HOW DID BOTH PASSES HAVE FIGHTERS THAT I REALLY, REALLY WANTED, BUT NEVER THOUGHT WERE POSSIBLE?! *Collapses*

Ughhhh...so yeah, amazing reveal, looks super fun and faithful (EVEN HJO), and it both ends Smash Ultimate and STARTS KH's 20th Anniversary celebrations with a HELL of a bang. Thank you Sakurai and team as well as all the people at Nintendo, Disney, and S-E who SOMEHOW birthed this miracle into existence. WHAT. A. DAY. I just...*collapses again*

• Thumbs Up 3

It's also worth noting that Sora was mentioned to be a particularly strong fighter in the air, and has a lot of air and recovery options.

Sora means Sky in Japanese.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

And yet, they still got the Mickey Mouse ears in there, somehow.

For like 1 second, and its not even on the in-game model. 

1 minute ago, Kuzu said:

Are you sure? I’m pretty sure it’s there, especially if they have a timeless River costume for the kid 

27 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Also Marios a keyblade wielder confirmed

4u538syubz511.jpg

Knew it for quite some time.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

It's also worth noting that Sora was mentioned to be a particularly strong fighter in the air, and has a lot of air and recovery options.

Sora means Sky in Japanese.

Yeah, Sakurai pointed that out, in addition to the "Sora" name of his company.

46 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Well fuck guess I’m getting MoM on switch now

It's save data that needs to be on the Switch right? Shoot, I might go buy that game along with Nickeloden All-Stars Brawl.

42 minutes ago, KHCast said:

His smash art is fucking funny 

Oh? Are you referring to hs placement on the banner or something more?

3 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

unknown.png

It's there.

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

I'm pretty sure it's still there in-game.