Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Given the connotations that assist trophies carry, I'm actually glad that such wasn't the case.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Perkilator said:

You know, part of me wishes they added a new Assist Trophy with each Fighters Pass character. I know it would've been more work, but it would have made the DLC feel more integrated into the game.

Agreed, though more than anything else (for whatever reason) I wish after all the DLC was done they had updated the opening movie and the mural to include the DLC characters too.  I always prefer when DLC feels like as much part of the base game as possible, so I kinda wish all the DLC characters had to be fought to be unlocked too.  It's a very minor nitpick that that's not the case though, of course.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, JezMM said:

Agreed, though more than anything else (for whatever reason) I wish after all the DLC was done they had updated the opening movie and the mural to include the DLC characters too.  I always prefer when DLC feels like as much part of the base game as possible, so I kinda wish all the DLC characters had to be fought to be unlocked too.  It's a very minor nitpick that that's not the case though, of course.

This. There have been a bunch of fan made mock ups of this on YouTube 

Also a bit of a nitpick as I get why it wasn’t done, but the Palutena Guidance things not being done for some of these I feel like was a massive miss(like Sora, Joker or Banjo), or just outright jarring. Hearing them say they can’t get data on Sephiroth because he’s an unknown challenger from another universe, despite Cloud being there is just…weird. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it turns out they’re not done with new Spirits like I thought just yet.

No, this isn’t a shitpost. Evil Ryu is coming to commemorate the 35th anniversary of Street Fighter.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Man, seeing this video made me realize how much lamer Ultimate’s Final Smashes are compared to previous games

4 months later and the Sora salt is still real on smash Twitter lmao 

Like I’m underwhelmed by Sora’s moveset like many, but I don’t see why I’d regret wanting him in Smash. He’s still fun af and seeing him in the game is still to this day surreal. I just get annoyed playing against other Sora’s on elite/quickplay, but in tournament/competitive settings, (where I typically focus my time) he’s been fine imo, helped by the fact most players just don’t use him there haha, but also most competitive players playing Sora try and NOT be spammy annoying online Sora looking players 

I don't get people who even pay the salt mind these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Minmin. I wouldn't change a single fighter and Smashers deserve to cry about it.

• Thumbs Up 3

There are exactly 2 characters I wanted since Ultimate was announced: Shadow and Waluigi. I would give up few bigger names to get them.

But it's moot point now. Smash is done (at least for now), time to move on. And we were given a lot already.

• 5 weeks later...

I just had a dream that Eggman was revealed for Smash Ultimate

But there was no CGI sections

And the dialogue between Sonic and Eggman was absolutely cringe

And Eggman’s moveset was nothing but summoning Green Hill Badniks and using a wrecking ball

And the stage was a generic robot factory.

You know, I’ve been thinking about it for a bit and…Spirits really were a disappointment with missed potential. I get trophies couldn’t come back for reasons out of Sakurai’s control pretty much, but still. Like I’m not kidding when I say the sticker system from Brawl I found more interesting than this (ironically) soulless feeling alternative. Like the initial collectors high you get collecting and evolving spirits and using them in fights really starts to loose charm quick. I mean it’s funny using them against friends yeah, but outside that, I find myself bored of them. I honestly wish Spirits were able to act as an expansion of that whole sticker system from brawl tbh. I liked being able to basically make a scrapbook of pics using stickers of all these different characters, and getting certain stat buffs from doing that was also neat. Being able to do that in Ultimate, using different backgrounds based on the stages in the game, and maybe getting certain rewards for putting together certain images using specific spirits, would’ve been so awesome and would’ve gone a long way in making getting spirits feel more worthwhile imo.

You could only attach stickers to trophies in Subspace Emissary.

The presentation of Spirits wasn't meant to be stickers again, it was just Equipment from Smash 4 with official art.

It's definitely not that much better.

It's exactly the same except for how you equip them.

-----

Of course, I've always thought they could be trading cards...because that's cool. And they could still give descriptions as well as display the effects.

• 1 month later...

Holy shit, the Sora mods for this game just keep getting more and more fucking awesome. If I ever mod my switch, this is my first mod I’m getting