Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

2 hours ago, Blacklightning said:

I'm not expecting an especially huge number of newcomers, and I don't think there are a whole lot of options left anyway. As far as safe picks for first parties are concerned I can only think of Springman, K.Rool and yet another fucking Pokemon and Fire Emblemer. Most of the demand as of late has been for 3rd parties, which I imagine are expensive and tough to negotiate, and honestly I'm surprised Smash 4 even had as many as it did. I think I'd be happier overall if they took most of that time and put it into balancing and replay value instead.

Zelda could probably get a new addition. Skull Kid I still believe would be the best out of the options available. Well, him or Impa, or maybe Zant if they want a twilight princess rep, cause we all know how much of a boner they’ve had for that game since Brawl

4 hours ago, Blacklightning said:

I'm not expecting an especially huge number of newcomers, and I don't think there are a whole lot of options left anyway. As far as safe picks for first parties are concerned I can only think of Springman, K.Rool and yet another fucking Pokemon and Fire Emblemer. Most of the demand as of late has been for 3rd parties, which I imagine are expensive and tough to negotiate, and honestly I'm surprised Smash 4 even had as many as it did. I think I'd be happier overall if they took most of that time and put it into balancing and replay value instead.

For me there are few characters that must get into Smash (more likely next one or as DLC) are

- Waluigi and Captain Toad (Toadette skin), just to finish Mario franchise. I wouldn't care before, but if Daisy got in, they deserve too
- Like you said K.Rool
- Krystal (obviously not gonna happen in this one)

But there are few option other than FE or Pokemon (kinda wish for Snorlax, Heracross and one representant for each next Gen). Midna on Wolf Link, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Mother Brain (challenging I know), Tingle, one more F-Zero and while I keep dreaming, Yarn Kirby and Dark Matter based on Kirby 2.

When it comes to new Nintendo franchises, we pretty much run out of good candidates (Who, Chibi-Robo? Golden Sun? Legendary Starfy? ) but keep in mind Kid Icarus was non entity before Smash Brawl, I think each smash should have one obscure franchise, just for fun. Arms aside (maybe someone funnier than Springman) I think there is one more franchise I would put: Andy from Advance Wars. It's a fairly long franchise, considered one of best GBA games, plus I would love to play as kid who sends tanks as one of his basic moves.

And 3rd party is obviously long list. More Sonic ,Castlevania, Shantae, more Sonic, Kingdom Hearts, Banjo, Sonic, yada-yada. We all want them, but it's complicated.

2 hours ago, Solly said:

Same for Smash Run, which was markedly less terrible (though still flawed). I'd love to see that come back, but I don't even know how they'd handle it. The whole reason it was 3DS exclusive was because every player, by necessity, had their own system and therefore their own screen. Trying to bring that to consoles where most players are looking for a couch-multiplayer experience doesn't really work. Is there anything they could do to adapt it?

If it were up to me and me alone, I'd take the multiplayer aspect out of Smash Run entirely. Make it less about gathering stats for a randomly determined showdown and more about integrating some of Run's mechanics into a simple roguelike affair, running through stages and beefing up in various ways along the way for bosses and other such encounters. Hell, borrow a few things from Smash Tour while you're at it, because I always thought collecting the characters themselves as extra stocks was like the one thing I liked about Tour.

• Thumbs Up 1

They've already emphasised that we shouldn't expect many newcomers, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for more than another one or two; maybe more if they go all-in on Echo Fighters, but they're not really the same thing.  There really aren't many obvious big names left who really feel like they should be there; I'd be genuinely surprised if there was no Arms rep. in the end, and Castlevania is an obvious classic third party, but that's about it.  (At least bring back Isaac as an Assist Trophy, though.)

5 hours ago, Solly said:

Smash Tour was rough, but I wouldn't call it single player content. It's primarily mutliplayer-focused.

Same for Smash Run, which was markedly less terrible (though still flawed). I'd love to see that come back, but I don't even know how they'd handle it. The whole reason it was 3DS exclusive was because every player, by necessity, had their own system and therefore their own screen. Trying to bring that to consoles where most players are looking for a couch-multiplayer experience doesn't really work. Is there anything they could do to adapt it?

Melee has everything I want out of actual single player content. If they made a new Adventure mode and "fixed" Classic mode, we'd be golden. 

I think you'd just have to make it either an online-only or table-top only experience between players with multiple Switches.  Split-screen COULD be made to work if the Switch is powerful enough to handle it, although 2-player would be an issue - either you split the screen vertically in a typical fashion and have a blind spot before the actual blast lines on either side, or you make it so the screen splits into quarters and shows all four regardless of how many human players there are.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yknow, random thought, but I kinda hope we get Smash artwork based on the metal gear style, cause I know Smash likes to have fun with crossovering with other artists from other franchises.(Nomura notably when Cloud was revealed, I think bayonetta and ryu got one too could be wrong tho.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Shantae is all this game needs. Shes popular,  I've not seen anyone outside here say k rool

Hey guys! Guess which tune made the updates today!

An arrangement by Nobuko Toda no less!

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1

New Famitsu article with Sakurai talking about reactions from E3, for those interested.

https://sourcegaming.info/2018/07/18/vol559/

He emphasizes how glad he is that the message of "Everyone is Here" wasn't leaked. Understandably, he doesn't seem to think very highly of leakers.

The staff and I have been pouring all our energy into this project for many years. We’ve been meticulous and methodical in our preparations. I also feel like we put a lot of effort into the presentation, including the initial promo video. I really didn’t want for this thing we’ve been working on for years to be ruined by someone’s petty sense of self-satisfaction.

Haha, yeesh...

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Hey guys! Guess which tune made the updates today!

An arraignment by Nobuko Toda no less!

Okay this is badass. And if Snake is getting more remixes, than yeah Sonic better be getting something 

34 minutes ago, mikeblastdude said:

New Famitsu article with Sakurai talking about reactions from E3, for those interested.

https://sourcegaming.info/2018/07/18/vol559/

He emphasizes how glad he is that the message of "Everyone is Here" wasn't leaked. Understandably, he doesn't seem to think very highly of leakers.

Haha, yeesh...

Welp, hopefully if he does have an adventure mode here it doesn't get leaked. Wouldn't want sakurai pulling it because his feelings got hurt over knowing an awesome feature of his game can be hyped up pre-release.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the logo for Snake is no longer a Fox? That have to do with Kojima not being associated with Konami anymore or just a personal artistic change?

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So the logo for Snake is no longer a Fox? That have to do with Kojima not being associated with Konami anymore or just a personal artistic change?

The former apparently. 

The ! is an iconic series staple anyway, so no matter the bad blood in the background, this is the far better icon to go with.

Eh, considering Foxhounds importance throughout all the MGS games, I’d argue that fox logo is just as much a notable iconic staple to the franchise. Personally I like it more than a exclamation mark which I find a bit...bland?

I could never remember or recognize the Foxhound logo. The exclamation point is more iconic and noteworthy to me. I see it and immediately think "Snake/Metal Gear".

Hmm going on google images, seems that’s not even the official foxhound logo. There’s like 5 different ones. Well I guess in that regard it makes more sense to go with something more consistent anyway 

technically speaking, the one from Brawl was actually Kojima Production's logo while they were still working for Konami.

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

Eh, considering Foxhounds importance throughout all the MGS games, I’d argue that fox logo is just as much a notable iconic staple to the franchise. Personally I like it more than a exclamation mark which I find a bit...bland?

I consider its "blandness" as a point in its favor.

Metal Gear Solid has always been ridiculously convoluted and, for lack of word, sophisticated, but at the same time it has never strayed away from doing silly and blunt things befitting a video game. The ! is the epitome of that, a quick and flashy reminder that you're not simply watching something or doing non-videogamey stuff, despite it being just a punctuation mark.

It wasn't the FOXHOUND logo, it was the FOX (And Kojima Productions) logo. Big Boss/Naked Snake was part of FOX in MGS 3. The Boss and was a  former member, too. Solid Snake never was, though, so it makes sense to change it. The Exclamation point is iconic for the series.

FOXHOUND has two logos. The 90s one and the one used during Liquid Snake's leadership.

8dAnkZ0.jpg1tlUMUI.png

Both are canon and Meryl even has a tattoo of the original logo.

J8CtuqO.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh shit, didn’t know Meryl had that lol. (Speaking of PS1 MGS, would fucking love to see Snake with a PS1 Snake graphics alt lol. We’ll probably just get old Snake though.)

And yeah I can see where you guys come from on the exclamation mark

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, mikeblastdude said:

My only issue with the MGS symbol being changed to an exclamation point is that I was hoping they'd use that for a special third party that would really knock peoples' socks off...

Reveal hidden contents

Bubsy_the_Bobcat.png

Spoiler

What could possibly go wrong?

To stay more on topic I do hope we get a newcomer revealed soon-ish. 

Spoiler

And preferably its King K. Rool. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I've only recently gotten to know the Snake Eater song recently when my brother started getting around to the MSG games. Didn't play too close attention to the song when it was in Brawl at the time. But man, this is a really cool remix. I wasn't even expecting another MSG remix at all, honestly. So this is a nice surprise.

Sonic remix when?

From the footage that we have so far of Sonic in SSBU... I think he might still hasn't changed besides his final smash. Honestly, they could changed his speed for easier control and to changed his move-set a little bit. I would love to see the homing attack and light speed dash be a part of his move-set. So, far every fighter has been buffed for what I've seen. Let me know of what you guys think love ya'll.