Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

9 minutes ago, Tailikku said:

Sakurai just said that the DLC characters will not be Echo Fighters.  So Zavok is off the table.

as well as anyone else who wanted in with the Echo Fighters.

I'm sure he was joking.

But damn, the idea of Echo Fighters was really cool. I would've liked to see them actually add more since they're much easier to develop while also pleasing fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Wraith said:

The piranha plant kind of almost fits my quota for really silly out there character. I almost like it, but part of the fun of these characters in the past was seeing some more niche or off beat part of Nintendo's history covered. Piranha Plant is just a Mario enemy. I really like to be caught off guard by shit I wouldn't know about or wouldn't expect to be in a fighting game. He's kinda the second thing, I guess? Feels weird.

On the bright side nobody can tell me Skull Kid or Midna doesn't belong in these games anymore, lol.

Yeah. I agree. I always get a kick out of the weird and creative inclusions that are done for fun but the Piranha Plant doesn't have the same gravatos as the Wii Fit Trainer or the Duck Hunt Dog for example. Those two were brilliant additions.

"That's right, feel the burn~!" - Wii Fit Trainer before she Yoga's your ass of the stage. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Simon and Ryu

Try again

Try what again? Are you even looking for discussion or are you just on a bitchfest because Shadow isn't in the game?

8 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

Sonic has been in Smash since Brawl and Shadow is heavily requested, there was literally no reason not to add him as an Echo Fighter.

I can think of plenty of reasons why, and none of them require an elaborate conspiracy of not wanting Sonic in the game but feeing obligated to include him. Some of the reasons I can think of aren't even the result of Sega.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Incineroar and Piranha Plant's challenger videos are up:

He looks like a plush toy there.

11 hours ago, KHCast said:

So I’m gonna call it...Tabuu’s back. He’s the one leading the master hands, and he’s fucking pissed

I'm wondering whwy the heck there are so many of them.

11 hours ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Regarding that cutscene in adventure mode, who else found it funny that Kirby managed to escape....but the hedgehog that is "faster than the speed of sound" didn't?

Yeah, I thought that was kinda off presented as well.

11 hours ago, Zaysho said:

He also pulled back to try to save Pikachu, so

Oh Sonic. Always looking out for other animals.

8 hours ago, Rowl said:

C'mon you guys. You are just way to hard on Sakurai. I mean, sure. It sucks that Sonic didn't got an echo fighter or a second character in general. But so do many other series as well. Mega Man, Pac Man, Snake, Cloud and Bayonetta all didn't got their own echo fighters as well. 

I'm also a bit salty, that I did not get Dixie Kong, but... at least I got King K. Rool and you guys at least got Sonic. It's better than nothing. 

I guess the thing is that, being in Smash since Brawl and Mario's rival for years, you'd think Sonic would get another character and/or stage to his name given how stocked his series is.

6 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I just loved going into the trophy room and admiring them all. It was a neat way to read up on some of these other characters that I didn't know about and the hunt for them was exhilarating. Realizing I had gotten a new one was one of the most exciting things. Plus, it satisfied any lingering desire I had for Sonic representation. I don't care as much about them not being playable but I loved collecting their trophies. 

Yeah, really gave an encyclopedic sense of accomplishment.

4 hours ago, Tailikku said:

Already worked out the colors for Piranha Plant:

image.png.3e33a9947e4e990168dda91a6ba2db6c.png

going from left to right:

• SMB
  • Wild Ptooie Piranha
  • Nipper Plant (All-Stars)
  • Pale Piranha
  • Nipper Plant (Yoshi's Island)
  • Blue Piranha Plant (MLSS
  • Frost Piranha (Super Paper Mario)

Likewise, I made a mockup of Ken's black costume:

image.png.91e53bed668c3de1eaf13d21b5c40fe2.png

from what I have read, it is actually one of his alts from Super Street Fighter II Turbo

It changes colors based on its attack to reflect the different Pirahna Plant types.

1 hour ago, Tailikku said:

Sakurai just said that the DLC characters will not be Echo Fighters.  So Zavok is off the table.

as well as anyone else who wanted in with the Echo Fighters.

Okay, I hadn't gotten to that part when I thought of the joke.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

I can think of plenty of reasons why, and none of them require an elaborate conspiracy of not wanting Sonic in the game but feeing obligated to include him. Some of the reasons I can think of aren't even the result of Sega.

Sonic's got two assist trophies and two stages. Mega-Man's got two assist trophies and only one stage. Snake's got one assist trophy and one stage. Bayonetta's got one assist trophy and one stage.

BUT THERE'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST SONIC! IT'S PROPERGANDER!

I kind of don't get what the big deal is either. If they were leaving out Sonic characters from a Sonic game where the point was to play as an assortment of Sonic characters and they did something hideously stupid (like for example splitting up the Chaotix and leaving out Espio and Charmy) then I could see being upset. It's a good thing we live in a world where that can't happen though.

• Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

If they were leaving out Sonic characters from a Sonic game where the point was to play as an assortment of Sonic characters and they did something hideously stupid (like for example splitting up the Chaotix and leaving out Espio and Charmy) then I could see being upset. It's a good thing we live in a world where that can't happen though.

Team Sonic Racing?

Image result for team sonic racing team vector

Anyways, I hope that Tails, Bandana Dee, Zeraora and Decidueye have a shot

No worries, it already isn't funny

Anyway, if any other Sonic character gets in as non-echo DLC, it should be Eggman. Besides having the most different anatomy and playstyle, he's incredibly recognizable, easily the least-hated Sonic character even outside the core fandom, and he's just fucking great. The Egg mobile has a ton of gadgets and addons to use for different attacks, and his final smash could be something like the Egg Dragoon, or hell, dropping the ARK on the battlefield.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Anyway, if any other Sonic character gets in as non-echo DLC, it should be Eggman. Besides having the most different anatomy and playstyle, he's incredibly recognizable, easily the least-hated Sonic character even outside the core fandom, and he's just fucking great. The Egg mobile has a ton of gadgets and addons to use for different attacks, and his final smash could be something like the Egg Dragoon, or hell, dropping the ARK on the battlefield.

Eggman would be a great boss. Or Assist Trophy. Can't see him as playable but then again, Ridley... so...

And I agree. The splitting of the Chaotix is a national tragedy. It's not funny at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

CG Trailer for Tails begins with Sonic, Mega-Man, and Kirby (because Sakurai) fighting Galleom in a really dark space. It gets a good hit on Sonic and knocks him through the roof where he lands on outside, revealing that they were inside of an Eggman Fish Ship, the ones from Sonic Heroes. The Galleom launches it's fat ass through the bottom of the roof and lands in front of Sonic, about to stomp on Sonic... but then, out of nowhere, laser bullets rain from the sky and blast it back.

Sonic looks back and sees the silohette of some fox ears obscured by the sun and the Tornado swooping down. It transforms into the walker form from SA2 and fires a big ass laser at it, blowing it away.

Tails hops out of the cockpit and waves at Sonic. Then his name comes up and his cheesy tag-line shows up too.

Sonic runs up to give him a fist-bump and they do... then Tails slaps Sonic over the head with his tail and smashes his face onto the ground. Tails laughs in his face and then Sonic gets up and chases after him.

Cut to gameplay footage of Sonic booting Tails off the Egg Fleet stage.

And then Sakurai has Tails fall and die, keeping in the tradition of killing characters.

1 hour ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

That's a funny way of spelling Tails 😉

1 hour ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

CG Trailer for Tails begins with Sonic, Mega-Man, and Kirby (because Sakurai) fighting Galleom in a really dark space. It gets a good hit on Sonic and knocks him through the roof where he lands on outside, revealing that they were inside of an Eggman Fish Ship, the ones from Sonic Heroes. The Galleom launches it's fat ass through the bottom of the roof and lands in front of Sonic, about to stomp on Sonic... but then, out of nowhere, laser bullets rain from the sky and blast it back.

Sonic looks back and sees the silohette of some fox ears obscured by the sun and the Tornado swooping down. It transforms into the walker form from SA2 and fires a big ass laser at it, blowing it away.

Tails hops out of the cockpit and waves at Sonic. Then his name comes up and his cheesy tag-line shows up too.

Sonic runs up to give him a fist-bump and they do... then Tails slaps Sonic over the head with his tail and smashes his face onto the ground. Tails laughs in his face and then Sonic gets up and chases after him.

Cut to gameplay footage of Sonic booting Tails off the Egg Fleet stage.

And then Sakurai has Tails fall and die, keeping in the tradition of killing characters.

Unless another newcomer comes after him, he doesn't die. At least that's what I got from the trailers.

Also Tails doesn't die we all know this. He can't die.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

28 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

That's a funny way of spelling Tails 😉

That's a funny way of spelling Froggy.

the worst thing is with piranha plant in the game, thats probably a possibility now.

5 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

Because some characters are that redundant yes. I get playing to the nostalgia, but what is the genuine difference between Young Link and Toon Link when they also both have the same Final Smash now? This just feels like it was done for nostalgia, and I'm sorry. But it kind of rubs me the wrong way. 

What's the harm in it, though? It's not as if cutting the clone characters would have guaranteed us more wholly original newcomers. Sakurai has been saying since Melee that they don't require nearly as much time and resources to develop. I just think of them as a bonus, and I know people who are genuinely excited that Young Link and Pichu are returning. Every character has fans-- yes, even Dark Pit (I play Smash Bros with my sibling too, and he certainly likes Dark Pit). We know Ultimate uses Smash 4 as a base and wasn't built from the ground up, so it really doesn't even make sense to cut someone like him. 

I'd also like to reiterate that you mentioned Marth as unneeded baggage alongside the clones, which tells me that this is less about who is truly redundant and more about who you personally care about. Maybe you don't realize how selfish that looks?

6 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

It would be really easy to say it's only the fans who hyped this game up, but I think that's wildly disingenuous when half of the E3 Direct, and two Directs of the year were now focused entirely on this game. Nintendo set up an expectation and they failed to meet it. 

I know we currently have the gift of hindsight here, but how many times did Sakurai say "don't expect too many more fighters" only to have people ignore it? The writing was on the wall and people dismissed it time and again. Sure Nintendo hyped (advertised) the game, but I can absolutely blame fans for not keeping their expectations in check. 

I'm not even telling people that they shouldn't be disappointed, and I definitely have concerns of my own, but people are acting a little ridiculous IMO. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Tornado said:

Try what again? Are you even looking for discussion or are you just on a bitchfest because Shadow isn't in the game?

No

You said something

I responded.  With characters that did happen to, that's about it. You seem mighty upset some people are not into this video game, for whatever reason. I guess you are a nintendo shareholder or something.

3 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I kind of don't get what the big deal is either.

People wanted to play as the character

They cannot, they also might not like the roster. What's hard to to understand?

Shrugs

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

People wanted to play as the character

They cannot, they also might not like the roster. What's hard to to understand?

Shrugs

The big deal. That's what's hard to understand.

I understand being disappointed in something and throwing around piss and vinegar when you don't get your way. I do it all the time. Gladly too. It's cathartic.

However, you're never gonna catch me stretching to the point where I say "Sakurai hates Sonic" or "There's a conspiracy against Shadow".

When the reactions don't seem to reasonably correlate with what's going on then people are gonna raise their eyebrows at those freaking out and wonder what their problem is.

I'm sure people do that to me too whenever I freak out over something they don't care about. They're free to do so. And if they ever want to confront me about it, we'll have a nice chat. Plus, I usually try to be more aware of it and throw jokes at the situation's expense when I do it. I just did it earlier here with regards to TSR. 

But I'm not gonna be like "You should just instantly know why I'm THIS level of upset. We wanted something and we didn't get it, therefore our reaction, no matter what it is, makes sense." Maybe it will to some people but it won't for everyone. 

This stuff doesn't seem to be about the roster in general either. I'd actually understand being more upset if you hated the whole roster of course. Though, with 74 characters, I'd have my doubts that you're a person who could be reasonably catered to anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

However, you're never gonna catch me stretching to the point where I say "Sakurai hates Sonic" or "There's a conspiracy against Shadow".

Oh i'm not on that

I just thought you were talking about people being dissapointed

Yeah I have no idea what dash speed is about.

I"ve been on the other side where its clear the creator of something doesn't like a character and they are being mad unprofessional about it and this ain't it

I just thought you were talking about people being dissapointed

It'd be massively hypocritical of me to ever chastise someone about being disappointed in something. 90% of what I post here is probably me being disappointed in something.

The other 10% is me finding excuses to make jokes. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I'd actually understand being more upset if you hated the whole roster of course. Though, with 74 characters, I'd have my doubts that you're a person who could be reasonably catered to anyway.

I would like to respond to this part separately, I don't particularly are for anyone introduced in this game, and played all the ones I cared about in previous. So everyone being here does nothing for me. But I can be catered to, Infact the top 3 people I wanted in the game are assists. And they aren't outlandish choices, they are extremly popular well known characters who if they were revealed... wouldn't be much of a surprise. Zero, Alucard and shadow. I'm not saying everyone is me, someone is probably really upset that like nathan  drake didn't get in or something. But I feel like there are quite a few people like me, who had...fairly like not crazy expectations... and we just left assed out and disappointed

PbSbYD0_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Did the thing. I don't have much experience with Smash so my mains will likely change, but these are the characters I want to try out.

I would like to respond to this part separately, I don't particularly are for anyone introduced in this game, and played all the ones I cared about in previous. So everyone being here does nothing for me. But I can be catered to, Infact the top 3 people I wanted in the game are assists. And they aren't outlandish choices, they are extremly popular well known characters who if they were revealed... wouldn't be much of a surprise. Zero, Alucard and shadow. I'm not saying everyone is me, someone is probably really upset that like nathan  drake didn't get in or something. But I feel like there are quite a few people like me, who had...fairly like not crazy expectations... and we just left assed out and disappointed

That's fine but I don't think that's the same thing as hating the whole entire roster, like I was suggesting. Not being particularly excited for any of them I get. Melee and Brawl were both casual buys that I got nearing the end of the life-cycle of the game systems they were on because there was nothing else left to buy. I barely touched Melee when I got it too and when it came to Brawl, after I saw all the Final Smashes, I mainly played as Sonic, Meta Knight, Ike, and Kirby.