Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

No

You said something

I responded. 

Yes, I can read. I posted in the middle of people saying absurd things like how Sakurai clearly doesn't like Sonic based on arbitrary measurements that Sonic does better than other guest characters anyway. The pithy dismissal you tacked on the end to your response to my post that wasn't towards you to begin with is why I'm asking you straight up whether your motives for the conversation even make it worth taking part in.

You seem mighty upset some people are not into this video game, for whatever reason. I guess you are a nintendo shareholder or something. 

durr you found me out. but i'll get you next time gadget. Next time before I post in a game topic I'll be sure to post my current console collection so people can suss out my fanboyism from the start:

bou8X4zB8IBJPRxgrLOvJeqNGyRe8PEOoHE-rGz4

Really doing wonders proving why I was wrong to be skeptical about a conversation only coming up because of a character not being in the game with someone with that character as an avatar and that character's name in their username.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tornado said:

Yes, I can read. I posted in the middle of people saying absurd things like how Sakurai clearly doesn't like Sonic based on arbitrary measurements that Sonic does better than other guest characters anyway. The pithy dismissal you tacked on the end to your response to my post that wasn't towards you to begin with is why I'm asking you straight up whether your motives for the conversation even make it worth taking part in.

There wasn't really motives, all I said was try again. Sorry if hurt or offended you or anything

durr you found me out. but i'll get you next time gadget.

...I don't understand?

Really doing wonders proving why I was wrong to be skeptical about an even heeled conversation about a character not being in the game with someone with that character as an avatar and that character's name in their username.

Ok sorry? I dunno just seemed like you were upset at me not liking the game, or rather not really caring for it as much?

So here's my Roster if I had the game-

tumblr_inline_phknp1EYKx1taxesp_540.png

damn ye tumblr for making shiz too small

And here's my predictions for the 5 DLC characters:

• Gut feeling that a Fire Emblem character could come. Maybe the main character from Emblem Three Houses.
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Low key hoping for Phoenix Wright as always.
  • For some weird reason I keep thinking that the Protagonist from Persona 5 could make it, and some aspects of the "Spirit" mode remind me of the game somehow.
  • ...Sora probably.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

DLC Predictions:

Bandana Dee

Either Tails/Lloyd/Heihachi or someone else represented in the fighter ballot

Gen 8 Pokemon

An out there 3rd party rep (Honestly it would have to be someone no one could see coming... )

EIther Banjo-Kazooie or Geno

Number 1 on my DLC wish list is Met, followed by a Motobug.

My serious wish list characters would be: 

-Sora (Possibly with Riku as a free echo fighter or assist trophy?)

-Crash Bandicoot (With Coco as an echo)

-Rayman

-Travis (No More Heroes)

-Spring Man (Arms) 

In terms of echos, the only ones I can really think of that I personally want is Proto Man and/or Bass for Mega Man. I’m honestly kind of disappointed Ryu got Ken as a echo but Mega Man got neither possible character as an echo, which baffles me more since their models are already in the game for Mega Man’s final smash.

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

-Spring Man (Arms) 

That's pretty bold, hoping for an assist trophy to get promoted.

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

That's pretty bold, hoping for an assist trophy to get promoted.

Wasn’t aware he was an assist to begin with.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I think Smash Bros has kind of run into a problem where there's too many characters to build actual content around. Melee and Brawl could build stages and story sequences that accommodate all the characters, but with the roster more than doubled since then that suddenly turns an order that was tall back then to an impossible one. It's not hard to see why the series turned into this though. Roster discussion dominates most of the internet with everything else being pushed to the wayside. The team is simply responding to demand.

I think the game could easily be the best Smash Bros game from a pick up and play perspective and that's...kind of the point of Smash Bros, so they're doing it right as far as I'm concerned. Still I wonder what they'll do about this massive roster in future games. Cuts are inevitable. It might even be a drastic amount.

There might be a case for a full reboot of the franchise.  Smash Ultimate and "Everyone is here!" can serve as a sendoff for the saturation approach; the new game could then be a smaller game and do everything possible to make a virtue of it.  Reconsider and rebuild everything from the ground up - cast essentials, mechanics, game design fundamentals.  What was that mantra they had during the development of Breath Of The Wild - "destroy Zelda"?  "Smash Smash" might be the way forward.

• Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

An out there 3rd party rep (Honestly it would have to be someone no one could see coming... )

I still don’t see this. It seems counter productive to go for a 3rd party NOT popularly demanded like Banjo, Sora, etc. You’d think they’d use dlc for popular characters guaranteed attention and sales, not small one-offs no one’s got their eyes on or considered.

3 minutes ago, FFWF said:

There might be a case for a full reboot of the franchise.  Smash Ultimate and "Everyone is here!" can serve as a sendoff for the saturation approach; the new game could then be a smaller game and do everything possible to make a virtue of it.  Reconsider and rebuild everything from the ground up - cast essentials, mechanics, game design fundamentals.  What was that mantra they had during the development of Breath Of The Wild - "destroy Zelda"?  "Smash Smash" might be the way forward.

3D esque smash fighter perhaps?

I bet at least 4 DLCs are 3rd party, probably Sora, Banjo, Shantae and/or Rayman.

There aren't any 1st party big names. We went from demands for Ridley to Waluigi. Honestly, I feel bad for anyone who'll be in charge of  Smash 6 roster.

But reboot the franchise sounds a bit suicidal to me. Personally I would make Smash Ultimate the last game, but create annual DLC. That would be like Nintendo having it's own little holiday. And every new console just re-lease it's DX edition, slightly better graphics and new gimmick.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, FFWF said:

"Rebooting" Smash seems like a drastic waste of resources but I also don't see how Smash can continue being sustainable the way it is now.

5 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Ribbon Girls a costume...

Costumes don't deconfirm characters

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

"Rebooting" Smash seems like a drastic waste of resources but I also don't see how Smash can continue being sustainable the way it is now.

I honestly don’t see a reboot as a good thing, if anything, it’d probably cause everyone to see it as a downgrade compared to Ultimate because of a lessened amount of characters.

While BOTW was “broken down” per say, it was rebuilt into what’s possibly the largest Zelda game ever. If that’s a good thing or not is left down to personal taste and your enjoyment of the open world and shrines, but same difference. 

I honestly think Smash Ult could or even should become something of a series swan-song and if another Smash title comes, just have it go the route of Street Fighter 2 and give it some updates and additions if you port it to a later console and come back with another game awhile down the line.

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Oh, right, what is his?

I think my favorite of the revealed ones so far is Yoshi's (strictly talking about recent final smash reveals).

Diddy basically just zips around on his jetpack. In effect, its basically the same as Sonic, though apparently he picks one character to home in on at the end.

3 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Costumes don't deconfirm characters

This comment his hilarious for a multitude of reasons.

The first thing to look at is this: what's our track record on DLC?

Well, we've only got one game to go with, and half the characters were veterans, the other have was third-party characters. They added a bunch of costumes, and not a single one made it in as DLC later. Similarly, no Assist Trophies made it in as DLC either.

Beyond that? We don't know. For all we know, maybe they WILL make characters who have costumes or who have Assist Trophies playable this time. The simple fact is, we don't know. There's not enough evidence pointing either way. DLC is basically a new level of development entirely that extends from when the roster is nearly complete. Maybe there's a character they wanted to make playable, didn't have time, so they made them an Assist Trophy or costume. Something came up, and now they're like "Ok, we'd like to add them now... Whoops, we can't because we already had them in a different role before!"

Yeah, I don't think that's how it works, and characters with costumes are basically in the same position as characters with AT's.

Fox, Samus, Captain Falcon, Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Meta Knight, etc.  all had costume pieces too.  They're not discounted.  They're just a Mii dressed up.  ATs, on the other hand, are the actual character.  They're not able to appear alongside themselves and still have it make sense.

11 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Fox, Samus, Captain Falcon, Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Meta Knight, etc.  all had costume pieces too.  They're not discounted.  They're just a Mii dressed up.  ATs, on the other hand, are the actual character.  They're not able to appear alongside themselves and still have it make sense.

Characters shouldn’t be able to fight themselves either and yet here we are.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

So is Robin's Final Smash, where Robin calls Chrom to aid him. The ACTUAL Chrom. And now Robin can call Chrom to aid him to fight... Chrom.

Yes, its been confirmed Robin's Final Smash is unchanged.

Nothing about Smash really makes much sense. The only thing AT's really do is deconfirm a character for the base roster, once it gets to DLC it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm not even saying we WILL get AT's as DLC. I'm just saying there's nothing to say it can't happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

EIther Banjo-Kazooie or Geno

Why do people insist on this Banjo insanity? Banjo isn't coming to Smash, he never was, he's owned by Microsoft. As progressive as Phil Spencer is, Microsoft aren't just going to give Nintendo Banjo to use in one of their killer aps and system sellers. 

Let me repeat this for the millionth time. BANJO IS NOT COMING TO SWITCH!

They could give the Shadow Assist Trophy yellow stripes and call him Shadow Android, and then make Shadow DLC.

;-;

In terms of actually likely DLC characters, maybe Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X? Aside from a Skell in Spirits mode (apparently, haven't seen it myself), there doesn't seem to be any Xenoblade X stuff in Smash Ultimate.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly don't know whom else I'd want added. K. Rool was my last priority, and while Shadow would've been neat, I've accepted the near-guarantee that he's stuck as an Assist. But even if there wasn't any DLC planned, I'm pretty happy with everyone who is here. (Piranha Plant's the joke character I never knew I wanted)

Switching gears for a bit, We finally have a look at Luigi's new tether-grab:

Amazing how far the original Echo Fighter has come.