Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

42 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Sorry but it's hard to take this post as anything other than "When Sakurai does good stuff he doesn't deserve credit because he had a game development team.  When he does stuff I don't like, it's entirely his fault alone."

I mean, that aside, you gotta take a step back and appreciate the fact that you wouldn't be so pissed that Heihachi isn't in the game if it wasn't for said game being goddamn amazing.

I mean Detective Kaito has a point when it comes to praise. This also applies to Hideo Kojima and, to a lesser extent, Shigeru Miyamoto. Most people give all the praise to them when it comes to these amazing looking games that they make. The thing is, most people fail to even ACKNOWLEDGE the fact these famous individuals would not have been able to create such fascinating, sometimes GOTY products without their CORRESPONDING TEAM. Sure, you can argue that it's because of their position of director or producer of said project, but at least acknowledge the team that also put so much hard work. I'll be honest, this even irks me at times. What creeps me out the most about this is that some of these people idolize them(yes, I kid you not).

Edited by Ruomarta
Forgot to add out in that sentence

3 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

It isn't because Nintendo is likely to want to promote their upcoming big releases.

My point exactly. It's based off of assumptions strictly. Nothing really concrete. We don't even know if they want to market Metroid Prime 4 that way and with that character in particular before they've even properly had their time to shine. And that's assuming he'll even be the big bad of that game.

We knew practically from the start, in Sakurai's own words, that we weren't going to get a huge deal of new characters for Ultimate. And really, it's not hard to see why - he's already bringing back the entire history of the series character wise, and the more characters they add, the more interactions they have to playtest and balance for. I'd be lying if I said there were characters I'd like to have but at the same time I understand this becomes more of an uphill battle the more stuff they add, and that Piranha Plant was probably kind of a clone-esque factor of "this wouldn't have been a character slot at all if it weren't incredibly quick and simple to add".

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, JezMM said:

It also feels kinda awkward that Smash would celebrate the game which iconifies Square jumping ship from Nintendo for the Playstation but I guess water under the bridge and all that at this point lol.  With FF7 on the way to Switch soon, you'd think they'd do just a little something extra.

I honestly think Cloud got in either through fan demand, or Nintendo flexing to show how big Smash could be since their DLC lineup apart from first-parties were characters people weren't really expecting like Bayonetta (who I know got through the Smash Ballet too), Cloud, and Ryu. 

The downside of that is you can almost feel like Cloud is still an outsider. As cool as he is, as cool as his FF7 personality being back, and as cool as having another massively famous game character in this crossover is, the fact Final Fantasy as a whole gets nearly nothing, either through music, spirits or whatever else is pretty telling in all honesty. It's kind of a disgrace considering that even cutting out Cloud and post FF7 stuff, the early Final Fantasy games were considered games that made the NES and SNES. I don't know if it's Square, or Nintendo who's dragging their heels with the Final Fantasy stuff, but it's pretty insulting regardless.

As much as I want Sora in as a DLC character, I'd fucking pray they give him better treatment than what they're giving Cloud.

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I honestly think Cloud got in either through fan demand, or Nintendo flexing to show how big Smash could be

Damn straight, it was both of those reasons, along with plenty more on the side. Either way, Smash is all the better with him in it.

I don't know if it's Square, or Nintendo who's dragging their heels with the Final Fantasy stuff, but it's pretty insulting regardless.

Considering Square are notorious for being stingy with their crossovers, it's clear as day that Square's the issue. You can be guaranteed, even if it wasn't Cloud we'd be having similar issues.

And Dragon Quest is in a whole 'nother league of stingyness given the current composer and his.....less than flattering persona.

As much as I want Sora in as a DLC character, I'd fucking pray they give him better treatment than what they're giving Cloud.

The one saving grace for Sora is the hopes that Disney would be the ones calling the shots since they actually own him......which may not be the best given how Nintendo and Disney don't seem to be that much on the level, especially if WiR 2 is anything to go by.

That said, with Square wanting more for less, wouldn't even be surprised if they're keeping more music locked behind DLC along with a Sephiroth fighter in that Season pass.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I honestly think Cloud got in either through fan demand, or Nintendo flexing to show how big Smash could be since their DLC lineup apart from first-parties were characters people weren't really expecting like Bayonetta (who I know got through the Smash Ballet too), Cloud, and Ryu. 

The downside of that is you can almost feel like Cloud is still an outsider. As cool as he is, as cool as his FF7 personality being back, and as cool as having another massively famous game character in this crossover is, the fact Final Fantasy as a whole gets nearly nothing, either through music, spirits or whatever else is pretty telling in all honesty. It's kind of a disgrace considering that even cutting out Cloud and post FF7 stuff, the early Final Fantasy games were considered games that made the NES and SNES. I don't know if it's Square, or Nintendo who's dragging their heels with the Final Fantasy stuff, but it's pretty insulting regardless.

Dude, I can tell you without a doubt that it's them corporate jackasses(excuse my language) from Square Enix. There are loads of people that will tell you of how stingy they are.

• Promotion 1

44 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

My point exactly. It's based off of assumptions strictly. Nothing really concrete. We don't even know if they want to market Metroid Prime 4 that way and with that character in particular before they've even properly had their time to shine. And that's assuming he'll even be the big bad of that game.

Spoiler

Both of these were confirmed to be him.  Federation Force, from what I've read, is supposedly a lead-in to Prime 4.

Also, if you were doubting the likeliness of his presence:

https://nintendoeverything.com/metroid-prime-producer-wants-to-make-another-game-building-around-the-story-of-sylux-and-samus/

"– Tanabe reminded IGN about the ending of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
– After Samus’s ship flies off into the distance, another ship suddenly appears
– He said that players Metroid Prime Hunters should recognize that the ship belongs to a bounty hunter called Sylux.

“He’s actually chasing after Samus, and that’s where that game ends. There’s still more I want to build around the story of Sylux and Samus. There’s something going on between them. I want to make a game that touches upon [it].”

'I’m also thinking that, in that eventual game between Sylux and Samus that might get made, that I wants to involve the [Galactic] Federation as well. So it would be a good idea to release a game like Federation Forces to flesh out its role in the galaxy before moving on to that.'"

Also, here's his Brawl trophy which further suggests the fact that he'll have a big role:

Spoiler

"A skilled marksman and bounty hunter experienced in espionage skills such as scouting and tracking. While much of its background remains a mystery, it is clear that it hates Samus and the Federation. Sylux uses the Shock Coil, an experimental Federation-made weapon that continually drains energy from enemies and refills its own."

He stole from the Federation, hatched a Metroid, and stole his suit 

Spoiler

Because of the fact that it's a suit, people have theorized he may even be the long-lost brother of Samus, who didn't recognize her.  Wouldn't that be a crazy! (Also, spoiler textbox in a spoiler textbox.  That's like, sixteen spoilers!

As to why he'll be in Smash, other major Switch games have already got representation.  BOTW got a stage, costume and new rendition of Link, Isabelle came alongside a reveal, Rex got a costume and music, Mario has Cappy (BOth on his person and as a Mii Headgear) and a stage, Isabelle came alongside a reveal for a new Animal Crossing, Yoshi got a Crafted World costume, Splatoon 2 music got in, there's two ARMS Mii costumes and an Assist trophy, Luigi has his new Poltergust, plenty of Spirits (Like Mairo x Rabbids, BOTW, etc.) and there's probably more I can't think of right now.

3 hours ago, Ruomarta said:

I mean Detective Kaito has a point when it comes to praise. This also applies to Hideo Kojima and, to a lesser extent, Shigeru Miyamoto. Most people give all the praise to them when it comes to these amazing looking games...

They do that because they're typically the face, well known dock for the praise boat...

This isn't a one way street either, because while they do get praise like that...the moment a game or games do something people don't like, people are just as quick to blame those same people for whatever it is they dislike. It's just as stupid and honestly more annoying.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

They do that because they're typically the face, well known dock for the praise boat...

This isn't a one way street either, because while they do get praise like that...the moment a game or games do something people don't like, people are just as quick to blame those same people for whatever it is they dislike. It's just as stupid and honestly more annoying.

Hmm, very true. We as gamers can be VERY fickle at times.

17 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I don't believe it.  Pichu's only advantage over Pikachu in Melee was being faster.  There's no way

Actually there is. Pikachu has gotten plenty faster since his Melee days. 

5 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I don't believe it.  Pichu's only advantage over Pikachu in Melee was being faster.  There's no way

Even in Melee, Pichu also had smaller hitboxes going for them - maybe even the smallest in the game if I'm remembering right, so although it probably wasn't enough to make up for the self-damage factor he's still nonetheless a tough fucker to hit. In Ultimate though, his strengths have broadened out to different areas. First and most obviously, his self damage plays right into the rage mechanic, so although he's hurting himself he actually gets somewhat stronger for it. Second and less obviously, I'm pretty sure a lot of his moves are safer to throw out now? Like they come out faster or have less endlag or something like that, I can't remember what the specifics of it were exactly, but it gave me the impression that he could cancel or act out of moves better than most of Pikachu's cases, which is arguably better than just having a better runspeed most of the time.

• Thumbs Up 4

Called my GameStop a few days ago and also came in today to finish my pre order. Yes, they’re having a 9pm release on Thursday the day before official release, so the launch date is actually the 6th if you’ve pre ordered from GameStop. I’d assume GAME as well with have something similar. Heads up if you’re physically picking it up at a store like GameStop or Best Buy, CALL THEM and ask. My local store has 500 pre-orders for Smash, and you need to come in early to pick up the confirmation receipt (they hand them out at 3PM, but I’d show up a hour or 2 early to avoid a long line.) the confirmation receipt will have a number which at 9 they will announce so you can pick it up and go. Again, the lines will be line so try and get there early 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/29/2018 at 1:00 PM, tailsBOOM! said:

Smash Tag options:

https://i.imgtc.com/xI95kHb.png

xI95kHb.png

I'm using Tails.  What about you (These are the tags for when you play online)

(Worth noting even Shantae has one!)

Either Sonic, Lucario, or Dark Samus.

The Dark Samus one looks cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KHCast said:

Called my GameStop a few days ago and also came in today to finish my pre order. Yes, they’re having a 9pm release on Thursday the day before official release, so the launch date is actually the 6th if you’ve pre ordered from GameStop. I’d assume GAME as well with have something similar. Heads up if you’re physically picking it up at a store like GameStop or Best Buy, CALL THEM and ask. My local store has 500 pre-orders for Smash, and you need to come in early to pick up the confirmation receipt (they hand them out at 3PM, but I’d show up a hour or 2 early to avoid a long line.) the confirmation receipt will have a number which at 9 they will announce so you can pick it up and go. Again, the lines will be line so try and get there early 

Every Gamestop and Best Buy I know is doing a midnight launch. We've had 9PM launches on other big games like Red Dead but it doesn't look like that's happening for Smash.

Are you on the West coast by any chance? This might be a timezone thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Solly said:

Every Gamestop and Best Buy I know is doing a midnight launch. We've had 9PM launches on other big games like Red Dead but it doesn't look like that's happening for Smash.

Yeah it could be, it’s why I’m saying call and ask. So anyone else on the west coast may wanna make sure soon

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Solly said:

When does gamestop not do a midnight release.  every big title game typically has one. They actually depend on 2 things as GS

1. Preorders

2. I'f anyone wants to work that late

• Thumbs Up 1

Who's up for a shot of fresh Guidances? 

It's everyone minus Roy. 

copyRgR.jpg

This is a tad surreal.

Also, TFW Smash Ultimate contains more X-Men references than the latest MvC.

• Thumbs Up 1