Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

1 minute ago, Tornado said:

This isn't proof that the series is actually popular in America. That link actually suggests the opposite, since this was the make or break title for Square to even bother selling them outside Japan in the future.

The first link and that sentence were different points

I'm sorry for not noticing the important distinction between your link that mentions that it's the franchise' best North American launch and your sentence immediately following talking about how it has achieved it's best North American launch.

I'll be sure to not let it happen again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

So yeah "no one cares about it."  Just because it isn't Sora doesn't mean you have to trash talk it

If you thought this was because Sora, despite the fact I even expressed how it probably wouldn’t be him either because of the reasons you even said yourself, are you even reading my posts?

1 minute ago, Tornado said:

I'm sorry for not noticing the important distinction between your link that mentions that its the franchise' best North American launch and your sentence immediately following talking about how it has achieved it's best North American launch.

I'll be sure to not let it happen again.

I got the second sentence from another source.  The link was to show the overall numbers worldwide

3 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I got the second sentence from another source.

And? That doesn't make the point more valid.

The overall numbers worldwide certainly don't.

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Could you really implement too much of Sora without including Disney stuff with it, since this is a "videogame-origins" party only

Didn’t see this but I’ll answer. Probably. His outfit isn’t reliant on Disney references, his keyblade just has a mickey keychain that will barely get seen during fights, and you have original music and worlds to pick from, and heartless to use as hazards, so yeah, I could still see him popping up and being faithful to his source material.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think even in terms of attacks, the only Disney related ones would be the summons and Trinity attacks. You could make a full moveset for Sora without referencing any Disney stuff and he wouldn't feel unfaithful to his character in Kingdom Hearts. Disney is obviously a huge part of KH, but it's mostly plot and area stuff. Sora himself isn't heavily reliant on Disney.

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably just a coincidence, but

There's an empty space after Piranha Plant... I'm wondering if we might actually get a reveal at the Game Awards.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright bois, sing it with me!

SUPER SMASHERS

FIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES

THE BRAWLERS WAGE THEIR BATTLE TO DESTROY THE EVIL FORCES OF THE SHADOWBUGS

SUPER SMASHERS

DON’T MESS WITH THESE GUYS

SUPER SMASHERS

FIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES

SUPER SMASHERS

For those wondering, IGN gave us two important World of Light details, the length and the fact there’s an actual finale to the mode.

Length is about 20 hours if IGN is to be believed.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/8/2018 at 5:41 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm so happy. Hoping it's a port of 4 though, honestly. I'd love a fully expanded version of that with all 3DS and Wii U stages and more characters added. 5 would be great too though.

Amazing,  how in a way,  all those wishes got granted. Except for it being a port, obviously. 

Anyway,  time to board ze train!

• Promotion 1

Not sure if it was mentioned but...Classic spoilers:

Spoiler

According to reviews, Classic mode is now specifically tailored for every character and each one tries to tell their own little kind of "side story" without words. From GameXplain's review, R.O.B is against the more humanoid characters while Sonic is put up against a ton of references to his own history, right down to one of his fights being against a team of Red, Yellow and Blue Kirbys with the background soundtrack as Sonic Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 2

DtyYxRdVAAAHAt6.jpg

DtyYxRfVsAAzF6y.jpgDtyYxRfVYAA7FPT.jpg

DtyY4tlU0AEn1S1.jpg

Joker from Persona 5 was confirmed as the first DLC character for SSBU at the Video Game Awards

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

3 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Joker from Persona 5 was confirmed as the first DLC character for SSBU at the Video Game Awards

I KNEW IT!

MAAAAAN...I want to pay a drink for Sakurai, kiss everyone at Sega and hold Reggie's hand now.

Spoiler

I know this isn't related to Persona, but can I get a Demifiend assist trophy or any other kind of SMT references, please?🤩

I don't think I've ever been so happy for a Smash reveal in a long time. This is legitimately the first time during Ultimate's announcement that I felt true hype, because Joker was on the small list of characters I fucking love and wanted in Smash badly, even if it was stupidly unlikely. 

I am so happy right now, and the possibilities are running through my mind. What if he can play like a semi-Pokemon trainer and swap out Personas at will? What if he actually still holds true to Persona 5's values, and actually summons his friends in to help him fight. Like what if he had a move where Makoto drives in with Johanna as a dash, or Futaba can jump in and buff/debuff enemies/allies, or Morgana could transform into a truck as one of his recover moves etc. The ideas keep flowing to my mind, and then we have the Persona 5 music. As someone who just got through 100%ing Dancing in Starlight, adding on SMASH remixes on top of the amazing remixes in that game already is absolutely mind-blowing.

I am so excited. I think the last time I was this excited for a character was Mega Man's reveal in Smash 4.

• Thumbs Up 1