Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

So all Fighters are new to the series and wouldn't expect. By the sounds of that, anyone who is a spirit, trophy, or whatever is deconfirmed. If you made an appearance in smash in some form, it sounds like you ain't in as a character. Completely new only.

Pressing F.

As Reggie put it: "All of them will be, like joker, characters you wouldn't anticipate to be in the game".

He also stated that these DLC picks would still come from new series. 

• Thumbs Up 2

He said "New to the series". I take that as anything not represented in smash before. Could be something old, new, or from a different company.

• Thumbs Up 2

Technically a spirit is not written out. They said new to the series. Technially they are new cause they are not playable. AT are a different matter cause well they are AT i do not think they have a chance at all but spirits are fee game.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

18 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

As Reggie put it: "All of them will be, like joker, characters you wouldn't anticipate to be in the game".

He also stated that these DLC picks would still come from new series. 

Considering we’ve got Joker, I don’t think Sora is that much of an impossibility anymore so I think he has a good chance to be one of them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Considering we’ve got Joker, I don’t think Sora is that much of an impossibility anymore so I think he has a good chance to be one of them. 

Holy cow! Phoenix Wright's chances are looking brighter too! His series would be new to Smash,  Sakurai met with Takumi in 2016, during which DLC was putting into works, oh boy!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

How did this happen?!?  Joker only appeared as a Avatar Costume in SOnic Forces on Nintendo!  At least Cloud had Kingdom Hearts!  My mind is blown at the new possibilities!

Phoenix Wright and Sora are kinda up there for characters I'd like in Smash Ultimate (since Isaac and Shadow are DEAD). Elma is my most wanted though!

I haven't played Persona 5 but I've wanted this Joker fella in the game for a while now, just because he looked cool honestly, hehe.

1 minute ago, tailsBOOM! said:

How did this happen?!?  Joker only appeared as a Avatar Costume in SOnic Forces on Nintendo!  At least Cloud had Kingdom Hearts!  My mind is blown at the new possibilities!

I think he's on that chibi 3DS game too. Persona Q2?

3 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

"Never saw it coming", did you?

• Promotion 1

Also, the reveal trailer had English dubbing for not only Joker, but from what I recognised - Ryuji, Ann, Morgana And Yusuke. This hopefully means we don’t have the same nonsense we had with Cloud with only a Japanese dub.

I also really hope that Futaba, Haru and Makoto are voiced in-game too, imagine a codec call or guideance where Futaba randomly intercepts the signal and joins in.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Also, the reveal trailer had English dubbing for not only Joker, but from what I recognised - Ryuji, Ann, Morgana And Yusuke. This hopefully means we don’t have the same nonsense we had with Cloud with only a Japanese dub.

I also really hope that Futaba, Haru and Makoto are voiced in-game too, imagine a codec call or guideance where Futaba randomly intercepts the signal and joins in.

Well Xander Mobus does voice Joker. It would be insane not to have it.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Is that a Persona reference?  I guess @Polkadi~♪ has a new main!

Probably.

I'm still sticking with the Inklings and Mega Man (and I think I'm warming up to Pit...)

Hmm... Joker is technically another Sega rep. Cool. Jokers a solid choice. Also, you can pimp out his School uniform and his Dancing All Night outfit as an alt.

I wonder what stage they will use to represent it... The Velvet Room? Mementos? LeBlanc? (lol)

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Is that a Persona reference? 

Long story short: YES.

• Thumbs Up 1

I picked up my copy and got to play a few hours before work, enough that I can give a probably helpful little PSA: unlike Subspace Emmisary, characters you unlock in World of Light stay in World of Light. Keeping the characters proper for VS matches and shit like that means generally doing other stuff like Classic and Spirit Board instead. Probably won't be too much of a problem because unlocks are indeed super common (and apparently completely random??? I'm still not entirely sure what I actually did half the time), but I felt some people might wanna know in advance in case they think World of Light might be a convenient place to grind for unlocks.

Disregard, turns out this doesn't actually happen as long as you download the patch? That's the only explanation I've been able to come up with.

Might give some impressions proper later. Tired.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Joker_artwork.png

Some cool Joker art from the P5 Japanese Twitter.

That's artwork by Shigenori Soejima, lead artist of the Persona series! So cool~

If we are getting "unexpected characters" in the way of Joker as an example, I cannot wait to see what else is coming. I'm still hoping for DOOM Slayer...

And my mind is brimming with ideas for Joker's moveset. It must make heavy use of his Persona, I'd guess, because Joker is still an ordinary high school student otherwise (with a dagger and a handgun, but still).

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, Blacklightning said:

I picked up my copy and got to play a few hours before work, enough that I can give a probably helpful little PSA: unlike Subspace Emmisary, characters you unlock in World of Light stay in World of Light. Keeping the characters proper for VS matches and shit like that means generally doing other stuff like Classic and Spirit Board instead. Probably won't be too much of a problem because unlocks are indeed super common (and apparently completely random??? I'm still not entirely sure what I actually did half the time), but I felt some people might wanna know in advance in case they think World of Light might be a convenient place to grind for unlocks.

Might give some impressions proper later. Tired.

This isn't true for me at all?  I unlocked Pac-Man and Marth in World of Light and they're usable outside of it now.  It's actually making me want to slow down on playing WoL because I find it more fun to unlock characters at random without knowing who is coming next.

But... there isn't really that much single player content to do that with tbh so... *shrug*

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay so I just triple-checked to find out for sure and it turns out now those characters have unlocked properly. That's bizarre.

In fairness part of my playtime was on the train home before I could download the day one patch, so it could've been a glitch in the original launch? Shrug.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Blacklightning said:

Okay so I just triple-checked to find out for sure and it turns out now those characters have unlocked properly. That's bizarre.

Oh thank god. You had me worried there for a sec!

I don't plan to lazer-unlock all characters. I'm just gonna get to my mains the quickest and then let the rest just flow in naturally.

So today, I went to the store, went up to the lady at the counter and said, "I'd like to buy Super Smash Bros. please..." and as she was about to get it I was like "....Oh yeah! And also one Nintendo Switch."

Her reaction was the best thing ever. Oh the laughter we shared.

"Did you just wait until Smash came out to buy a Switch?"

"I did it literally just so I could see the reaction on the face of the person at the counter when I asked for Smash Bros, waited and then said "Oh yeah. And also a Nintendo Switch".

Bloody brilliant. Worth the wait. I'm amazing.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Could use some help with an early point of World of Light: 

Spoiler

I'm trying to get into the first boss encounter on the bottom left-hand of the map (It's on the path if you chose Marth at the crossroads). The only indication and hint I'm getting of what to do is just "You can open the door somehow" and that's it. 

Literally the first thing I've done in Smash was go to training and try out some assist trophies.

I tried the Squid Sisters one and when they were doing their concert, I had Kirby go in front of them and start pressing taunt so that he'd dance along with them as the screen closes in.

That's the kind of dumb shit that pops into my head when playing Smash I guess.

So adorable though.

Also, holy shit, Knuckles digs under the ground AND has a homing attack. Knuckles with a homing attack isn't unnatural SEGA. Just do it. So long as he digs and glides, he's still Knuckles. 

• Thumbs Up 2