Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

6 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

The best announcer's back!

This really is the end-all, be-all package, ain't it? 

And on the subjects of Assist Trophies, I've got an idea: Bring back the Resetti concept from Brawl, but make it Cranky Kong this time. He seems like the perfect candidate to distract players by insulting them, the fighters, and the game itself. But unlike Resetti, Cranky will actually strike back if you hit him. That guy swings a mean cane.

I want a DK stage with a Snake styled pause when he uses the Codec, only for it to be Cranky spouting off tips and angrily berating characters. Each character has their own unique line like he's complain about Sonic and saying "kids these days are too fast and linear for their own good, in my day, players actually had to control the game!". Mega Man could be like "A robot who needs to copy other people? Way to be unique kiddo!".

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

Y'know what, I mentioned it in a status update, and I'll bring it up here. There's a third party newcomer that, especially since this character is back in the limelight, I'd love to see in Smash, if it happens.

The character has had five games on a Nintendo console, since all the way back on the SNES. And they're a big part of gaming history too. And there are so many possibilities for a moveset for this character.

Yeah, I'd like to see the Doom Slayer AKA Doomguy.

His guns might be an issue, but with Bayonetta in Smash, I'm sure a compromise can be made. It's wishful thinking, but damn, wouldn't I love to see this...

What do you guys think of the idea, and what sort of newcomers would you like to see?

• Thumbs Up 1

If Shadow is an Echo Fighter I will be so, so happy.

I'm keeping my hopes low just in case, though Shadow does the same exact thing as the Stopwatch item which is still in, so...

• Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Still gonna likely main Link though, with Sonic and Mega Man as subs. Definitely want to try Inkling too tho.

I'm glad I'm still have my Cloud (along with Sonic,  Zelda, Daisy,  Rosalina, and Ridley) main(s) for when you and moi can team up again.

Dueling Blond Blades style like usual. 

7 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

His guns might be an issue

Not with Snake back in the game,  they shouldn't. 

• Thumbs Up 3

But then, those were an issue with Snake before, and they didn't end up giving him any real firearms, right? That's why he has tripmines and missles and stuff.

Doom Boy does have some energy weapons and explosives (and the chainsaw) so I don't think it'd be too much to ask, but I don't think Snake is really a usable metric.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

they didn't end up giving him any real firearms, right?

On his final smash move, he does.

1 minute ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

But then, those were an issue with Snake before, and they didn't end up giving him any real firearms, right? That's why he has tripmines and missles and stuff.

Doom Boy does have some energy weapons and explosives (and the chainsaw) so I don't think it'd be too much to ask, but I don't think Snake is really a usable metric.

The issue with Snake IIRC was his neck-snap move.

Not liking how there changing up the characters moves in this game especially with Peach's grabs now being Toad completely changing them so far. 

9 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Well Bayo has guns so I don't see why Snake can't.

Too be fair, they are more fantastical guns that shoot magical bullets, compared to Snake's realistic weapons.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Too be fair, they are more fantastical guns that shoot magical bullets, compared to Snake's realistic weapons.

Eh I really wouldn't see it as much different honestly. Especially since they're both M rated. But I guess the look of the gun could be it. Either or Snake was fun in Brawl so I am glad to play as him again.

Alright, time for a recap!

First off, here are some official art!

40947781330_8f70a63a36_o.png

42709025622_6423268481_o.png42709034552_ee2df91e7e_o.png

42709033932_815893839f_o.png

Returning Fighters

For today's E3 presentation, they revealed that every fighter that has appeared in the last 4 games will be playable in Ultimate! They also numbered everyone by their SSB debut and gave all of the fighters new Artwork and their own reveal video.

nintendo-e3-2018-super-smash.png?w=1366

(Note: This image is missing a few fighters)

Echo Fighters

For certain characters, who are mirror versions or slight variations of other characters, they will be called Echo Fighters.

41858306255_25350ce662.jpg41858377295_edbf4928b8.jpg

Lucina (#21M) is an Echo Fighter for Marth (#21) and Dark Pit (#28M) is an Echo Fighter for are Pit (#28).

New Fighters

There are 3 New Fighters so far in SSBU:

41858289075_ea83d5ecc4.jpg

Daisy (#13M) joins the cast as a Echo Fighter for Peach (#13).

42041177264_2face15859.jpg

As seen in the Teaser Trailer, Inklings from Splatoon joins SSBU as Fighter #64.

Information about the Inklings and other Splatoon stuff in SSBU:

• Like Villager, there are 4 male and female versions. Male & Female Costume 1 are based on the Splatoon 1 Boxart/Amiibo Set, Female Costume 2 is based on the Single Player Mode, Male Costume #2 is a combo of the Power Jacket and other gear, another is the Amiibo exclusive Schoolgirl outfit, etc
  • Inkling can ink other opponents, which makes them take more damage from attacks. However, if their Ink Meter goes empty, Inklings will have find an ink puddle to refill
  • Inklings attacks are a Splattershot, Splat Roller, Slosher, Blaster, Ink Brush, and a Splat Bomb
  • Their Final Smash is the Killer Wail Special from Splatoon
  • The Squid Sisters are an Assist Trophy
  • The Inkling Stage is a Smash Version of Moray Towers

42041180664_1d32367cb2.jpg

Ridley finally joins Smash as Fighter #65!

• Thumbs Up 7

People thought I was crazy for blaiming the 3DS version of SSB for holding back the Wii U version from having more content. Well the Switch version is living proof that SSB for Wii U could have been better, if it was one game, instead of divided between two completely different consoles.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate is more of what I wanted from the previous SSB. I hope this game can eventually get some dlc for future characters, a bit bummed that Knuckles, Lyn,  and Krystal are assist trophies, and not playable, but the game still looks amazing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Its about time Ridley made it in after about 10 years of being requested. As a Metroid fanatic, I can honestly say I knew he was coming the second the teaser started! 

I can't say I'm super hyped yet though; SSB Ultimate feels a bit lazy so far. ("Just throw everything from all past games into it!")

3 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Not liking how there changing up the characters moves in this game especially with Peach's grabs now being Toad completely changing them so far. 

Unless you're complaining about the animations, barely any moves have been changed...

Ganondorf got different Smash attacks, Link has remote bombs and no tether, Toon Link has a different forward smash so far, and Sonic has a different dash attack. Palutena now has a custom side-b by default while her old one is mixed with her counter. It's literally nothing worth complaining right now.

3 minutes ago, Austroid said:

("Just throw everything from all past games into it!")

This is pretty lazy in itself, since it's ignoring how there are new things in the game (or that every stage is remade)...but that never seems to matter over the negatives.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Austroid said:

Its about time Ridley made it in after about 10 years of being requested. As a Metroid fanatic, I can honestly say I knew he was coming the second the teaser started! 

I can't say I'm super hyped yet though; SSB Ultimate feels a bit lazy so far. ("Just throw everything from all past games into it!")

I don't think it's lazy at all, especially since all the old characters like Snake, Young Link, Pichu and Wolf basically had to be made from the ground up, since they weren't in Smash 4, even if they have similar moves to existing characters.

Then they have to test collisions with all the stages and how they interact with items, characters, Pokémon... Considering Sakurai has been working on it for 2+ years now, I doubt it's as easy as "hup, hit the port button". Otherwise he wouldn't have said "don't expect too many new fighters". The dude's working incredibly hard on this.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Eh I really wouldn't see it as much different honestly. Especially since they're both M rated. But I guess the look of the gun could be it. Either or Snake was fun in Brawl so I am glad to play as him again.

So then does Doomguy become a possibility? One of his signature weapons is a double barrelled shotgun... But you also have fantastical weapons like the plasma gun, gauss cannon, and a BFG. Not to mention a chainsaw.

Perhaps one could ask to find if it's a possibility? Or even create enough interest to get an answer on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing that leaves a bitter tast atm is Waluigi STILL being an assist and Sakurai making fun on him. Not cool, man ;_;
But that's it, everything else is insane and it's just the second announcement, i can't even fathom of how many new characters and content we'll get both pre-release and post via DLC.

I especially love some of the tweakings like Ryu always facing the opponent in a 1v1 match, 1v1 matches dealing more damage, the meters that help you with characters like Robin and R.O.B., the fake Smash core item or the punishment for dash abusing. It sounds like the game i being prepared more for the competitive tournaments, to be the ultimate (no pun intended) killer of Melee, dethroning it after all these years.
Nethertheless, i'm decently excited.
-now pls remember Isaac exists and make him playable-

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Polkadi said:

So then does Doomguy become a possibility? One of his signature weapons is a double barrelled shotgun... But you also have fantastical weapons like the plasma gun, gauss cannon, and a BFG. Not to mention a chainsaw.

Perhaps one could ask to find if it's a possibility? Or even create enough interest to get an answer on it.

Well perhaps. Too be honest considering how sexual Bayonetta is and she got in, I really do not put it past anything to be impossible to fit somehow.

I'm assuming Bayonetta's guns are allowed because they don't look quite like real guns and fire magical bullets. Allowing those but not Snake's weapons may seem like splitting hairs, and I understand how the door to that discussion got opened, but putting realistic guns in Smash Bros isn't just a matter of whether or not the dev team is willing to change their minds. Ratings boards also care about how firearms are depicted, and them raising the rating on the game could impact sales. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm very excited for this Smash Bros. Fanservice. Although I don't really care for Daisy, Echo fighters seem cool enough, if Shadow is a half clone I'll be so happy!

But I have to be a  realist, I read there are over 100 assists, so who knows, Shadow might be one, it is possible he is playable though, it really depends on who we see during the demo or footage,  and who cameos in Green Hill this time.

Well this is a must own for me, especially since I didn't own the last one. Cool to see Knuckles is an assist trophy. 

• Thumbs Up 1