Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Since others have already suggested K. Rool, I’ll go with Paper Mario. As for 3rd party characters, I’d like to see Rayman playable.

• Thumbs Up 1

character-portrait.png

If this guy doesn't get into Smash Bros this time what with the huge hoax that got everyone talking last time, then what's even the point? 

Oh yeah. And I'll take Lilac as a fighter too. Maybe an Undyne or Sans. The first party IPs are basically exhausted for characters so you may as well go crazy with Third Party Newcomers this game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

Oh yeah. And I'll take Lilac as a fighter too. Maybe an Undyne or Sans. The first party IPs are basically exhausted for characters so you may as well go crazy with Third Party Newcomers this game. 

Really hate to be the guy who shits on other people's suggestions, but an Undertale character getting in would be my official "old man yells at cloud" moment. There are definitely plenty of other third party characters I want, but Smash is a Nintendo crossover first and foremost, and I think there's a need to be selective. I wouldn't want to see them pulling randoms from any remotely popular indie game as guest fighters.

• Thumbs Up 2

Get this: A bunch of assholes are harassing Sakurai on Twitter just because he didn't add Waluigi to the main roster, to the point where he actually blocked offending users.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wonderhavoc/status/1008787668824555521?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231008787668824555521

Absolutely disgusting.

• Absolutely 3

All over a fucking video game. Jesus this is No Mans Boys levels of pathetic. Least KH fans are being chill with not getting Treasure Planet in 3, I can appreciate my community there sometimes when I look at the shit I’ve seen in the smash fan base damn.

• Thumbs Up 1

Smash Fans are literally the worst. We literally just got Ridley that fans have been wanting for ages. So when Sakurai finally throws us a bone and makes him playable. they spit back in his face because they wanted Waluigi instead. Talk about ungrateful.

• Thumbs Up 9

While my fantasy 3rd party choice would be Marina from Mischief Makers, I still maintain my opinion from Smash 4 that I feel Shovel Knight and Shantae are equally deserving of getting in if we wanted to have some indie representation with a close connection to Nintendo.  I guess Commander Video is technically on the same tier as them (or above, considering he got a trophy in Smash 4) but he'd be such a lame choice tbh. People don't love those games for their characters, particularly.

Rayman feels like a shoe-in at this point too with Ubisoft and Nintendo closer than ever thanks to Mario vs Rabbids but... eh.

As for first party characters, I feel pretty much everyone I want is in at this point.  It would've been cool to get octolings, the squid sisters and off the hook as alts for Inkling but that would take up a lot of slots for standard Inkling alts.  I'm still kind of bummed that Bowser Jr. has the Koopalings instead of colour alts coz I like playing as him but I hate those guys.

5 minutes ago, JezMM said:

feel Shovel Knight and Shantae are equally deserving of getting in if we wanted to have some indie representation with a close connection to Nintendo

Also keep in mind Nintendo as of lately have really been pushing that indie scene and has garnered a lot of attention and praise from that market

• Thumbs Up 1

Shovel Knight would actually be a really good fit for this game. Yeah there are a couple of other indie games that I need to catch up on.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

Least KH fans are being chill with not getting Treasure Planet in 3,

Actually there are sone fans that insane even in the KH fanbase. The focus just isn't on them ay the moment. Every fanbase has its nuts.

Smash is just getting more attention at the moment since it's newer announced, generated more traffic than Kingdom Hearts,  potentially has the bigger notable fanbase,  actually coming out this year,  etc. 

3 hours ago, Red said:

Smash Fans are literally the worst. We literally just got Ridley that fans have been wanting for ages. So when Sakurai finally throws us a bone and makes him playable. they spit back in his face because they wanted Waluigi instead. Talk about ungrateful.

Well specifically those fans,  and by no means the majority or the collective. Every fanbase has its share of scum. What depends is the fanbase that's larger and gets more attention. 

Honestly,  I find that brand of generalizing silly. That's like if we called Kingdom Hearts fans crazy for all the shenanigans and occasionally terrible things they've done.... even though clearly it's not even the entire fanbase.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know of anyone who works harder than Sakurai. Dude works himself into literal pain or illness. He puts everything into these games. How demoralizing is it when you put in Ridley to satisfy smash fans, and then some shits whine because a Wah Meme isn't in. We should be celebrating the Ridley too big meme is dead. While I am sure there are legit fans of his, I'm pretty certain that vocal point was the meme fans.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

Waluigi went from being on my "would be cool, but not my top choice" has now degraded into may-may character as bullshit as Shrek was. They think they're above Shrek just because WL is an actual Nintendo character, but keep worshiping him for the exact same reasons. 

I really want to know what TriforceBun has to say about all this. His BitF comics were fine, but the fact they he's puting a whole Waluigi foucused book on Kickstarter is going a smidge too far with his pandering. I hold no ill will towards him, but I also know he should be known for much more than making Waluigi comics. He must feel so ashamed by all this.

And this is only the second most stupid thing to occur over Smash.This is nothing compared to Nintendo World getting a fucking bomb threat all because they were taking down the Smash demo.

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

I'm pretty certain that vocal point was the meme fans.

Precisely. Heck, some of the people demanding for the meme that is Waluigi aren't even really Smash fans, but more so meme fans and Waluigi fans (the insane ones).

• Thumbs Up 1

Idk certain fanbaaes have a specific very special kind of crazy worth bringing up. It’s why the FFXV, No Mans Sky and BoTW fanbases and currently smash fanbases are getting attention. Meanwhile as crazy as some kh fans can be, they’re so few they don’t bring attention like these:

I don’t see how you’re missing the main point here, that yes, all fanbases have nutcases, but some have some specifically special ones that are so frequent or nuts, they’re gonna generate attention.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Meanwhile as crazy as some kh fans can be, they’re so few they don’t bring attention like these:

I don't see what presenting videos form the one same youtuber really proves on that front.

I could just as easily draw up a youtube video that comments on huge problems with the Kingdom Hearts fanbase. No fanbase is really above any one other on this stance. See?

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

currently smash fanbases

Technically more so the rabid section of the Waluigi, which some people have actually acknowledged as not being Smash fans in some cases. Again, maybe because the fanbase is bigger, they get more attention, but I don't see what you're trying to prove in suggesting that one fanbase is supposedly not as toxic as another. Every fanbase has their rotten spots.

Hence why it's better to actually root out the bad eggs instead of generalizing an entire fanbase as terrible in phrases.

• Thumbs Up 1

For first-party, at least one ARMS character.

Second Party: Gardevoir, Zoroark, and Decidueye

Third party: Crash Bandicoot and/or Doom Slayer. Maybe Dr. Eggman?

Bomberman, Takamaru, and Krystal as ATs killed off a lot of my hopes for newcomers in the game, really, so I kept my desires small. 

@Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley Having actually /watched/ the video before commenting in response, and given Jim’s neutral standing regarding these frsnchises, thegamersjoint’s examples of the kh fanbase at its worse don’t at all compare imo(he also himself is a bit biased and has a history of getting up in people’s face like biz who criticize the series.)and again aren’t things that draw attention. Jim even says yes, all fanbases have their nuts, but these ones specifically take it to a new level. I didn’t see many instances of jared in his kh vid bringing up death threats, or walls of whining over the delay, or sending death threats to Nomura or anyone reporting on a delay, or fans ddos-in critic review sites that don’t give the games glowing scorers. Some shitty people in some fanbases take it to more extreme ends than others and thus grab attention.

(Also no one is generalizing the actions with the regular fans, that’s just you creating that issue.)

The thing that annoys me is it's clear the only reason why some people want Waluigi in is because "lel, meme character!".

Frankly, beyond being an echo fighter (which would be likely impossible, given that Waluigi's proportions are different from Luigi's - I'd fucking hate it if Waluigi took up a spot that could've gone to other characters that has plenty of potential. Could you fucking imagine if Waluigi ended up with a full character slot over K. Rool for example?

• Thumbs Up 4

Reggie was a meme character choice since that’s in of itself even as a serious pick unreasonable. Waluigi I’d argue could be a neat character. Especially given his proportions and lankeyness. I mean you could say Ridley was “lel memes” too, but there are people genuinely that were wanting to see him in.

32 minutes ago, KHCast said:

given Jim’s neutral standing regarding these frsnchises

We'll have to agree to disagree on considering Jim really that neutral. And again, not really seeing what the one youtuber who's vidoes you've presented prove?

32 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I didn’t see many instances of jared in his kh vid bringing up death threats, or walls of whining over the delay, or sending death threats to Nomura or anyone reporting on a delay

And yet, just 10 days ago, there was a PSA regarding Kingdom Hearts fans sending death threats to Nomura over the delayed release date.

As I stated before, it's liable that bigger fanbases just get more coverage on the fucked up stuff. Kingdom Hearts isn't above the over fanbases in overall quality if that's what you're pushing at. Any level of death threats are intolerable. Regardless of whether or not one's more popular and in the public eye than the other. Though, if this is turning into more a talk about KH, you might want to take this debate to that thread if this is getting too off topic.

33 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Could you fucking imagine if Waluigi ended up with a full character slot over K. Rool for example?

I would unironically support that, because I don't care about K Rool and Waluigi is weird and fun.

Obviously there is a lot of meme-support for him but that doesn't mean there's no value in the character.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

41 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The thing that annoys me is it's clear the only reason why people want Waluigi in is because "lel, meme character!".

Much as quite a few Waluigi fans may be taking it too far, it's not really quite accurate or fair to assume that that's the only reason people want him in Smash.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Obviously there is a lot of meme-support for him but that doesn't mean there's no value in the character.

I never said there was no value in the character - despite what I've said, I actually really enjoy Waluigi thanks to fan works like Brawl in the Family and a few other web-comics, as well as the fact he's a weird character compared to the rest of the Mario cast. Doesn't particularly change the fact there's a crap ton of other characters with more potential that I'd want rather than just Waluigi getting in because of his meme status.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Much as quite a few Waluigi fans may be taking it too far, it's not really quite accurate or fair to assume that that's the only reason people want him in Smash.

Then I'll edit it to some people since I obviously wasn't saying literally everyone who wants him wants him for that reason (otherwise I'd be including myself in that category since as I just said - I actually like Waluigi - that doesn't really change my point that it's the idea of having a meme character present for quite a few people as opposed to having someone with actual potential for a unique moveset. 

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I never said there was no value in the character - despite what I've said, I actually really enjoy Waluigi thanks to fan works like Brawl in the Family and a few other web-comics, as well as the fact he's a weird character compared to the rest of the Mario cast. Doesn't particularly change the fact there's a crap ton of other characters with more potential that I'd want rather than just Waluigi getting in because of his meme status.

And you're free to have your opinion on what characters have more potential or more value or whatever, but it's not really fair to write off other people's opinions as just memeing.

• Thumbs Up 1