Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

And you're free to have your opinion on what characters have more potential or more value or whatever, but it's not really fair to write off other people's opinions as just memeing.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'll edit it to some people since I obviously wasn't saying literally everyone who wants him wants him for that reason (otherwise I'd be including myself in that category since as I just said - I actually like Waluigi

I very clearly didn't intend to say or imply literally everyone who wants him in wants him for "meme purposes", what I am saying is it's very obvious a lot of people want him in simply because he's considered a meme as opposed to wanting a unique move set for him.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on considering Jim really that neutral. And again, not really seeing what the one youtuber who's vidoes you've presented prove?

And yet, just 10 days ago, there was a PSA regarding Kingdom Hearts fans sending death threats to Nomura over the delayed release date.

As I stated before, it's liable that bigger fanbases just get more coverage on the fucked up stuff. Kingdom Hearts isn't above the over fanbases in overall quality if that's what you're pushing at. Any level of death threats are intolerable. Regardless of whether or not one's more popular and in the public eye than the other. Though, if this is turning into more a talk about KH, you might want to take this debate to that thread if this is getting too off topic.

No mans sky isn’t nearly as big as smash’s fanbase and still got press attention. Just sayin. So this “it’s just big fanbases and franchises get more attention” point is kinda null and void. I still retain that some fanbases shitty spots are just extremely bad even compared to other shit spots in other fanbase. That to which we’ll have to agree to disagree on 

I can completely understand wanting Waluigi in as a fighter and everything, but, really, I don’t see how anyone could say that the Mario series doesn’t already have enough representation in Smash. This is clearly a case of looking at what isn’t there instead of what is. Which, I know Smash fans are already kind of known for doing, but, jeez...

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I still retain that some fanbases shitty spots are just extremely bad even compared to other shit spots in other fanbase.

You're free to opinionate there,  despite being debated heavily. But your original claims of certain fans not blowing up at stuff in one fanbase compared to another is moot and debunked at this point. 

Factually speaking,  both of them have done whacked out stuff which doesn't make one "chill", especially when one has fans threatening the game director over a delay of all things. 

58 minutes ago, KHCast said:

No mans sky isn’t nearly as big as smash’s fanbase and still got press attention.

No Man's Sky had quite a lot of press and buildup to it still though. One that crashed into scandal territory. Obviously,  considering how bad it turned out, it's no surprise it doesn't have as big a fanbase,  but still gets negative attention. 

Besides,  I never said stuff with smaller fanbases wouldn't coverage. Just that their coverage would be more present and garner more attention if more popular (and I guess despised in No Man's Sky's case).

ITT: people on a sonic forum arguing about what series has the worst fans

Also this may be of interest.

The project plan being finished in 2015 means that the final roster was probably decided around then too. You could take that as evidence that fighters from 2016 and onward aren't on the cards, but you never really know. Roy, for example, was debuted in Melee before he appeared in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. He's the exception rather than the rule, but depending on how much the devs thought ahead, we could still see characters from more recent games. 

The Ballot for Smash 4's DLC is probably going to go a long way in determining who gets in and who doesn't. The Japanese ballot page practically said as much

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

Small note as we see Cloud's alts, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want his KH costume as a variant. 

latest?cb=20171213130236

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 2

Thanks for sharing this, Solly! The full translation (of part 1, at least) seems to be available here.

I found this part especially interesting.

Take racing games, for example. Rather than allow players to use any car from the very beginning, I feel it’s more enjoyable from a gaming perspective to have players earn winnings from races and purchase new models that way. This type of game enables players to develop a strong attachment to the cars they acquire. I’ve included a similar process in Smash by which each unlockable fighter is obtained. Collecting every model in driving games is merely a dream for most players, but rest assured: I won’t be doing anything quite that difficult. I’ve come up with several methods for unlocking fighters, so it should be comparatively simple.

I wonder if this means that there will be some sort of in-game currency that you can use to unlock fighters. Or, that could have just been an example he decided to use for why he wanted most characters to be locked at first and doesn't imply anything. Who knows. With that being said, I do kind of like the idea of earning in-game currency to unlock fighters, and maybe other stuff like extra music as well.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm still hoping that there'll be an Adventure Mode like Subspace Emissary to unlock characters through. I find it more satisfying to go through a linear story and unlock the characters than meeting some inane goal to finally get a character. 

Just my two cents on that. Wasn't a big fan of nebulous goals to unlock stuff ingame. 

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Actually there are sone fans that insane even in the KH fanbase. The focus just isn't on them ay the moment. Every fanbase has its nuts.

Smash is just getting more attention at the moment since it's newer announced, generated more traffic than Kingdom Hearts,  potentially has the bigger notable fanbase,  actually coming out this year,  etc. 

Well specifically those fans,  and by no means the majority or the collective. Every fanbase has its share of scum. What depends is the fanbase that's larger and gets more attention. 

Honestly,  I find that brand of generalizing silly. That's like if we called Kingdom Hearts fans crazy for all the shenanigans and occasionally terrible things they've done.... even though clearly it's not even the entire fanbase.

Unlike KH3, SSB is actually coming out sooner, despite just being revealed this month, so that gives another reason to be hyped.

2 hours ago, Solly said:

The project plan being finished in 2015 means that the final roster was probably decided around then too. You could take that as evidence that fighters from 2016 and onward aren't on the cards, but you never really know. Roy, for example, was debuted in Melee before he appeared in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. He's the exception rather than the rule, but depending on how much the devs thought ahead, we could still see characters from more recent games. 

Stuff currently in development probably gets passed through the devs for consideration, so even if the plan was completed in 2015 they might have seen and thought about them. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a Gen VII Pokémon or a character/pair (just because of how Blades and Drivers work) from Xenoblade 2 for example. Or they could have thought about early promotion, like Corrin, and we get another FE rep with Edelgard or whoever. I'm keeping my expectations in check, though, as I'm actually pretty happy with everyone being back in the first place. There's only a handful of characters I'd like to see, but I'll consider them bonuses.

• Thumbs Up 6

24 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Stuff currently in development probably gets passed through the devs for consideration, so even if the plan was completed in 2015 they might have seen and thought about them. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a Gen VII Pokémon or a character/pair (just because of how Blades and Drivers work) from Xenoblade 2 for example. Or they could have thought about early promotion, like Corrin, and we get another FE rep with Edelgard or whoever. I'm keeping my expectations in check, though, as I'm actually pretty happy with everyone being back in the first place. There's only a handful of characters I'd like to see, but I'll consider them bonuses.

My thoughts exactly. I  wouldn't discount the possibility of an ARMS character, either. 

34 minutes ago, KHCast said:

she’s gonna get fucking nerfed again lol

To be totally fair, this does seem to be a glitch. ZeRo did a play-by-play and pointed out that she jumps four times in this video. 

Also the blog updated again. Today's post is on Bomberman's assist trophy.

31_3.jpg

Looks like he drops remote bombs as well as normal ones. 

latest?cb=20110708215227

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The thing that annoys me is it's clear the only reason why some people want Waluigi in is because "lel, meme character!".

Frankly, beyond being an echo fighter (which would be likely impossible, given that Waluigi's proportions are different from Luigi's - I'd fucking hate it if Waluigi took up a spot that could've gone to other characters that has plenty of potential. Could you fucking imagine if Waluigi ended up with a full character slot over K. Rool for example?

I would want Waluigi to have a character slot; hell I have been wanting him since Melee. The character has plenty of potential in the series and would bring another good fighter on the roster, unique as Wario with a hint of familiarity. I could see him as a Yoshimitsu-esque fighter; humorous and comedy based but effective.

But overall I have no clue who the hell those people were harassing Sakurai over this, but the Waluigi fans have been the most laid back and chill people out of the Mario fandom for decades. Granted there are some idiots who've weaseled their way in I am glad that the Waluigi fandom however unanimously and swiftly condemned these people's actions over this.

• Thumbs Up 4

Today's featured fighter on the blog was Link. 

Glad to see I called it, not only about him not being merely a ported up fighter Link, but all three Links being different,  despite haruby folk thinking they'd just be clones of one another. 

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Today's featured fighter on the blog was Link. 

Glad to see I called it, not only about him not being merely a ported up fighter Link, but all three Links being different,  despite haruby folk thinking they'd just be clones of one another. 

I mean, he's only got a few small changes, otherwise he's basically the same Link we've had previously. They really didn't change much. Some people were thinking they'd completely changing everything about him, such as replacing Spin Attack with Revali's Gale or something.

- He can pick up arrows and fire two arrows at ones
- His bombs have a remote detonator
- He doesn't have the Gale Boomerang anymore (making him LESS original in that regard)
- He doesn't have the hookshot
- He's got a sword beam (which is a Zelda staple anyway largely only missing from the 3D Zelda's)
- He's now right handed (which I don't think really changes his attacks much at all)

They didn't even really REPLACE any attacks. They just made a bunch of minor tweaks to make him more like BotW Link.

Frankly, I'm surprised they actually removed Hookshot, I figured they'd just use the planned but scrapped hookshot design instead--a design we haven't seen, mind, but I do recall seeing references to the hookshot in a data dump of the game's code when it first came out, implying it got a fair ways into development before being cut.

It’s gonna be weird using the normal link costume but not having moves like hookshot that’s for sure lol

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/20/2018 at 2:36 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Small note as we see Cloud's alts, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want his KH costume as a variant. 

latest?cb=20171213130236

Hmmm, while that may or not require Disney getting involved, I'd love for the dress to show up as an alt. You know the one:

807.jpeghttp://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1385132-super-smash-brothers

• Promotion 2
  • Chuckle 2

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Hmmm, while that may or not require Disney getting involved, I'd love for the dress to show up as an alt. You know the one:

I don't think Disney's permission would be needed since it's a design for a Square owned character and has no direct Disney elements in it. I believe Disney owns a portion of rights on characters like Sora and such, hence why they'd be more difficult, but not Cloud or his design.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

I don't think Disney's permission would be needed since it's a design for a Square owned character and has no direct Disney elements in it. I believe Disney owns a portion of rights on characters like Sora and such, hence why they'd be more difficult, but not Cloud or his design.

Well, even if Disney is pulling some rank on it, it's quite moddable.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:02 PM, SchemingMinor said:

I would want Waluigi to have a character slot; hell I have been wanting him since Melee. The character has plenty of potential in the series and would bring another good fighter on the roster, unique as Wario with a hint of familiarity. I could see him as a Yoshimitsu-esque fighter; humorous and comedy based but effective.

But overall I have no clue who the hell those people were harassing Sakurai over this, but the Waluigi fans have been the most laid back and chill people out of the Mario fandom for decades. Granted there are some idiots who've weaseled their way in I am glad that the Waluigi fandom however unanimously and swiftly condemned these people's actions over this.

Pretty sure after Sakurai’s departure, he and his ilk will finally follow Ridley’s lead and get in. He, Krystal, Takamaru, Bomberman, and Knuckles deserve slots. Birdo, Slippy, Donbe & Hikari, Sparkster, and Blaze the Cat as replacement Assist Trophies? Heck, even a DLC that does that would be awesome. Not to mention the once closed and locked door for characters like Rayman opening.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was in Dissidia and there was no Disney copyright in that game needed unlike when in WoFF Sora was in they had to add Disney’s copyright logo in that game. So I’d assume Disney has no bearing on those costumes for FF characters 

So according to an interview between Nintendo Treehouse and Famitsu, not all stages will be returning. This could simply mean Miiverse has been taken out for obvious reasons.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Pawn said:

So according to an interview between Nintendo Treehouse and Famitsu, not all stages will be returning. This could simply mean Miiverse has been taken out for obvious reasons.

I wasn’t expecting all stages to return, so it doesn’t bug me. Besides, there are plenty of stages that are better off forgotten, like the Hanenbow stage from Brawl.

I do hope we get more than just 2 new stages though. A bit bummed that Green Hill Zone is  the only stage for Sonic again. Would have been nice to get a Stage from Sonic Adventure, like Emerald Coast, or Twinkle Park.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Pawn said:

There's quite a few more stages that aren't particularly likely to return. And if they can't market it as "All Stages Returned", I doubt they'd go out of their way to bring every other stage back. Similar reason as to why I think if they couldn't get Snake back, we wouldn't have gotten Pichu or Young Link.

I'm going to assume at least stages like Rumble Falls and Icicle Mountain will not return. Its also possible they may want third-parties to all only have one stage each for consistency, so Sonic only gets Green Hill. Kinda sucks for Pac-Man in that case, though. He'd have only his worse stage coming back.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, Sonic is also [possibly only] getting his worse stage.

(I just really don't like walk off stages, generally.)

• Thumbs Up 1