Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Just now, Jovahexeon Megumin Academy said:

Wait, he speaks in this game?

He had some lines when he was summoned in the direct:

21:34

Sonic has 6 more songs than he had in Smash 3DS and Wii U total (I paused the video at 14:31, it briefly rolls over Sonic's icon in the sound test and it says 20 songs). Hopefully one is a remix!

• Thumbs Up 5

Holy heck! Brinstar Depths, just as I wanted! And with Kraid back and in Ultra HD, that means the Metroid gang is all here!

• Way Past Cool 1

Phew, that was one hell of a presentation. Longer than the one at E3 even.

So I got spoiled on the Castlevania soundtrack cause Twitter is shit, but I'm so glad no other characters were leaked. Five announcements is crazy! And those trailers were amazing.

All those new additions are fantastic as well, this mode were you can build up your a gauge to get your Final Smash reminds me a lot of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

When they said they're gonna announce two new echo fighters I was hoping for Shadow to show up, but oh well.

Oh man, Simon and K. Rool were 2 of my wishes. I'm so happy they actually made it in. C'mon Isaac and Dixie! *crosses fingers*

I'm surprised no one is mentioning the Shovel Knight assist trophy. A lot of people were hoping for him to be playable since Smash U's DLC.

I also got a lucky guess with the Rathalos. Right when I saw the area shown before they revealed him and it reminded me of Monster Hunter, I thought "Rathalos?", because it's the only Monster Hunter monster name I know xD

• Thumbs Up 3

Interesting to note is that currently Sonic is the only third-party franchise to have TWO stages in Ultimate. (Honestly wasn't expecting Windy Hill to make a comeback.) I'm guessing either they're still working on a way to make Pac-Maze's gimmick work for a single screen or they couldn't get it working. 

Also Mute City from 3DS is called "Mute City SNES" despite the Melee stage not being here. Hm.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Zorator CC14 said:

Interesting to note is that currently Sonic is the only third-party franchise to have TWO stages in Ultimate. (Honestly wasn't expecting Windy Hill to make a comeback.)

I'm happy to see Sonic stages return in the game, but I really hope this doesn't mean we can't see a new Sonic stage. Green Hill and Windy Hill are so insanely similar to each other aesthetically that it'd kind of suck to have only them be representative of Sonic.

Personally, I'm hoping for the likes of Radical Highway, Studiopolis, Egg Gate, or something else to get introduced.

Also to be noted, 3DS stages are confirmed with NSMB2's golden plains stage being shown off. Might've been shown earlier, I'm not sure. 

That was definitely a great Smash Direct! I'm not too big of a Castlevania fan, so I wasn't too hyped for Simon personally, but I know there are a lot of Castlevania fans out there who wanted him in Smash, so I'm happy for all you guys! He looks like a great character to play as. The highlight for me was definitely King K. Rool! I'm so glad to see him in Smash after all these years. They completely nailed his moveset and everything. I'm still holding on to hope for Dixie to be revealed in the future, now that the DK series is finally getting some more representation.

The only disappointment for me was seeing Ashley deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy again, but, that's ok. I wasn't expecting her to be playable anyway, and, at least she's in the game again in some form.

Right now what I want to see/hear most of all is what other Sonic content will be in the game. Now that we know Sakurai is fine doing third party Echo Fighters, I think there's a pretty good chance for Shadow. Also, with 20 confirmed songs for the series, I can't wait to find out what they are. I'm hoping for some new remixes (one or two at the very least), and some more variety in general so it doesn't end up being mostly just vocal themes again. The wait is going to be tough, that's for sure.

Also, in case anyone was wondering what this is

tumblr_pd5f151lAz1rtn2elo2_540.png

Spoiler

It's Kid Dracula

tumblr_pd5f151lAz1rtn2elo1_400.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

Shovel knight as an assist trophy. Wonder how much salt people are expressing over that one lol.

regardless, I’m really hoping we get another square Enix rep soon. Sora plz!  This direct hit all my notes. Fountain of dreams, Belmont’s, dark sauna, etc! This has me hyped 

• Way Past Cool 1

With this much Castlevania prevalence, the return of Metal Gear and Bomberman as an assist, it seems Konami has found a new home (of some sort, they're still really shady on their own atm) on Nintendo. I really wouldn't be surprised if that statement on making new games and collections mostly for the Switch after Super Bomberman R will produce new fruits soon enough. I'm expecting at least a new Gradius collection announcement before the end of the year.
What a time to be alive.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

With this much Castlevania prevalence, the return of Metal Gear and Bomberman as an assist, it seems Konami has found a new home (of some sort, they're still really shady on their own atm) on Nintendo. I really wouldn't be surprised if that statement on making new games and collections mostly for the Switch after Super Bomberman R will produce new fruits soon enough. I'm expecting at least a new Gradius collection announcement before the end of the year.
What a time to be alive.

At the very least, it's a not a Japanese gambling machine trying to use boobs and the Castlevania brand to sell itself. On that merit alone. it's better that Konami's usual disrespect for their own series.

Still think Konami is a complete scumbag of a company, but at the very least it could mean half-decent things coming out on the Switch with these iconic series instead of having the dying series be looted for more cashgrabs. I could easily see something like Metal Gear HD Collection being ported to Switch, especially since there's already a port on Vita with MGS 2 and 3. Not to mention Snake Eater 3D.

• Thumbs Up 1

King K. Rool is in. @Mando-Whirl-Wind got his vindication. That was my immediate thought the moment his reveal started lol. 

If Simon Belmont (a third party) got an echo fighter as well, then it opens up to the other 3rd party reps getting one too. It's all but confirmed Shadow is one for Sonic, I mean Samurai has to know of his popularly all the way back from Brawl. There's even a tinge of a chance Ryu or Bayonetta could get one themselves (Ken/Jeanne respectively).

4 minutes ago, TCB said:

King K. Rool is in. @Mando-Whirl-Wind got his vindication. That was my immediate thought the moment his reveal started lol. 

If Simon Belmont (a third party) got an echo fighter as well, then it opens up to the other 3rd party reps getting one too. It's all but confirmed Shadow is one for Sonic, I mean Samurai has to know of his popularly all the way back from Brawl. There's even a tinge of a chance Ryu or Bayonetta could get one themselves (Ken/Jeanne respectively).

Honestly, if Shadow is in the game, I hope he's not an echo. He has many attack that Sonic doesn't, so it wouldn't make sense to give him the exact same moves.

Just now, DiamondX said:

Honestly, if Shadow is in the game, I hope he's not an echo. He has many attack that Sonic doesn't, so it wouldn't make sense to give him the exact same moves.

That's the point of Echo Fighters though, they don't have the literal exact same moves. They get different moves but reuse assets of the normal fighters. Some of Shadow's attacks (like Chaos Spear and such) would be original, while others like Spindashing, Homing Attack, Super Sonic/Shadow would be the same. He has a few unique moves but a ton of his moves are also from Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

December can't come soon enough for my physical copy of Smash Bros. Ultimate to arrive. Hopefully the next direct reveals the blurred out mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Megumin Academy said:

The cast so far:

n8ET2efLfn9dQ8GbShjk0DWrot26KLjyHAoN3VB6

Little PSA: Don't bother trying to guess who many slots are left based on the picture. Cause as you'll notice, in the previous picture:

qCsg5v0.jpg

They've changed the layout, as well as some characters' positions and sizes to fit the new characters. Quite clever.

I still don't understand why is there a Mr. Saturn near the Pikmins though. Other than a joke, obviously.

So for reference I found the leaker guy 

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76614511

so seems like he was right after all I guess. Was there anything else he’s said will be in the game since?

edit: also stumbled on this video...

So...Skull kid possibly??? So far this leak also got K Rool and Ridley along with Simon. Along with some of the echo fighters. 

2 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

1)Bayonetta counts as the second SEGA rep, sorry. Even with the status of Bayo 2 and 3, SEGA still owns the IP and just puts its stamp on it.
2)I want this to also be applied to Final Fantasy, the music selection in Sm4sh was pathetic

I wouldn't get my hopes up over Final Fantasy getting new music. I paused the video as the cursor was over the FF section in the music player, looks like it's still only 2 songs. 

• Absolutely 1

Spoiler

You know, with 5 new character reveals (Three are Echos, but still) one has to wonder who else is going to join the fight before December?

Hmmm now that I think about it, we haven’t seen Skull Kid assist have we? And he was there in 4. It’s just the Moon this time around....now I’m legit curious. It would make sense to add another Zelda character seeing as how we haven’t received a newcomer from that franchise since Brawl if we don’t count the redesigns and young links return.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Teoskaven said:

I still don't understand why is there a Mr. Saturn near the Pikmins though. Other than a joke, obviously.

Pikmin carry stuff...that's no joke, it's a literal.