Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

2 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

IMO second "Square rep" should be Crono, but Crono probably won't happen.

Hmm!!  This does remind me of the discussions and articles that are appearing lately, as far as, what would be the next step for Smash Bros. after this game? 

Perhaps what it might be is to have the story mode become similar to an RPG, but, using the Smash format for battles.  Perhaps though the story mode will introduce levels for characters as well as layers of special moves that would be learned.  What Crono reminds me of is, that this could also result in something equivalent to Double and Triple Techs..!! 

For this game to also be on Switch, it would be a good counterpart to Ultimate rather than a followup game. 

The site's been updated with item pages and such, and Sakurai tweeted a picture he particularly liked.

hqdefault.jpg

After that "red eye" comment, I can't even anymore.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

Before people say it could be "just a general JRPG reference":

That camera angle is almost never used for JRPG's. Camelot loves to use it, though. They used it in Shining Force and Golden Sun at least.

However, I don't want to read too much into it either. I'm just hopeful we'll get GS content because of the ballot.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

I mean, i don't wanna set my hopes too high because of potential self-disappointment.
But the hints are there and it seems to be more than just mere referencing.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic for the moment.

• Thumbs Up 2

I got Ridley, Dark Samus, and Richter all confirmed for this game so I'm freaking ecstatic. The only character that I'd really like to see at this point is Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, assuming he fights with Pyra/Mythra. Sadly I don't think his chances are too high for the base roster, seeing as how the roster was finalized back in 2015, but maybe he'll make it in as DLC. Roster is still nearly perfect for me as is, though. :)

GameXplain new video speculates former assist trophies now removed for potential promotion to newcomers. Shadow, Isabelle as echo fighters, Isaac and Skull Kid, I thought about those 3 but the Zelda rep, I honestly didn't think of that, I'd rather have a female character from that series.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tito Lounge said:

Wasn't Isabelle shown off as an Assist, though?

Nope. We've got Cap'n now.

In each game Animal Crossing has had one AT. Isabelle could make a good Echo Fighter as well. Vergeben has also been reporting Isabelle (recently saying he's heard she's an Echo), but IMO she's likely without Vergeben.

I'm pretty confident in Shadow and Dixie as Echo Fighters as well. Shadow is obvious. For Dixie, we now know that she can get a different recovery thanks to Chrom. But more notable is that Diddy's tail jabs are missing, which would make it a lot easier to make Dixie (who doesn't have a tail) an Echo Fighter of him.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tito Lounge said:

Wasn't Isabelle shown off as an Assist, though?

Not so far. I thought the same about Skull Kid, but we must be thinking of Smash Wii U.

Gamexplain's made a list of all previous AT characters not yet confirmed for Ultimate:

So who do y'all think has the best chance of being promoted to playable? My money's on Little Mac and Dark Samus Shadow, though Skull Kid and Isabelle would be nice, too.

I’m really hoping for Shadow as well, no joke. I legitimately want him in as Sonic’s Echo with one unique special: His Chaos Spear.

I hope Resetti and his Smash commentary return though, his removal in SSB4 was baffling.

• Chuckle 1

7 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

I hope Resetti and his Smash commentary return though, his removal in SSB4 was baffling.

As I've said before, if they bring that concept back, they gotta do it with the best candidate:

DWGesi7WAAE13Qi.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

@Forte-Metallix @Dee Dude

I feel like Ressiti can be salvaged through the codec methods, maybe using Orbital Gate Assault's version when selecting an AC stage. And Cranky could work the same way.

I can see it now...

Fox's Transmissions

Snake's Codecs

Palutena's Guidance 

Resseti's Rants

Cranky's Kriticisms 

Goombella's Tattles

Off the Hook's Commentaries

...And maybe throw in Eggman's P.A.s just to give him an excuse to be in the game. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I want a Cranky AT, but him mocking characters on stages would just be plain amazing. I love the idea. Its not happening lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, SupahBerry said:

@Forte-Metallix @Dee Dude

I feel like Ressiti can be salvaged through the codec methods, maybe using Orbital Gate Assault's version when selecting an AC stage. And Cranky could work the same way.

I can see it now...

Fox's Transmissions

Snake's Codecs

Palutena's Guidance 

Resseti's Rants

Cranky's Kriticisms 

Goombella's Tattles

Off the Hook's Commentaries

...And maybe throw in Eggman's P.A.s just to give him an excuse to be in the game. 

What we really need is Doc Louis giving worthless advice about all of the fighters and telling Dad Jokes. It's pretty much his thing. 

doc-louis-advice-mike-tyson.png

• Thumbs Up 6

20 minutes ago, Solly said:

What we really need is Doc Louis giving worthless advice about all of the fighters and telling Dad Jokes. It's pretty much his thing. 

doc-louis-advice-mike-tyson.png

And his obsession with chocolate bars, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Resetti isn't an AT, I feel the best way to include him would be for doing exactly what triggered him originally - reset the console mid-match on an Animal Crossing stage - or perhaps do several match resets in a row?  Either way, could be a fun easter egg.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

WELCOME BACK, XENOBLADE COMPOSERS.

BLESS.

Hmm,  bit hard to place and tell if that will be a part of the Gangplank remix heard in this trailer

Or a seperate version. 

5 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

I don't want Skull Kid, gimme Impa if you're doing more Zelda characters.

But I want more villains, and skull kid’s the coolest Zelda villain 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

But I want more villains, and skull kid’s the coolest Zelda villain 

Skull Kid =/= villain.

Now Zant....okay that might work.

And is Girahim back as an assist yet?

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Megumin Academy said:

Skull Kid =/= villain.

Now Zant....okay that might work.

And is Girahim back as an assist yet?

...are we really getting this technical? Skull Kid during the events of MM is a villain, whether it’s by his own will or not. Yes it’s technically the mask doing everything, but up until that moment it comes off, he’s considered a villain in the context of the story, and does villain things. Obviously the smash version would be pre mm ending, thus allowing his villain status 

Skull Kid is the most unique choice for another Zelda rep imo. I love most Zelda characters and would happy to see anyone that's not another version of the big 3 or Tingle though.