Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

On 8/13/2018 at 9:21 PM, Forte-Metallix said:

As I've said before, if they bring that concept back, they gotta do it with the best candidate:

DWGesi7WAAE13Qi.jpg

They could do a tag team

Interesting vid but...is he a bandwagon character? I’ve wanted him personally for years, so never really saw the excitement and desire for him as simply people suddenly just bandwagoning.

8 hours ago, KHCast said:

Interesting vid but...is he a bandwagon character? I’ve wanted him personally for years, so never really saw the excitement and desire for him as simply people suddenly just bandwagoning.

Yes, actually.  Until we have proof otherwise, he is for all intents and purposes still an AT.

For that matter, #KeepWaluigiAnAT

4 hours ago, Tailikku said:

Yes, actually.  Until we have proof otherwise, he is for all intents and purposes still an AT.

For that matter, #KeepWaluigiAnAT

Shouldn’t we say that for guys like Shadow too then?

I'd say Skull Kid is the mostly likely character to make it in as a new Zelda rep, what with his AT missing and the Moon seemingly repping Majora's Mask instead. There's also the fact that this game is introducing a lot of fan favourites, not to mention making a point of pitting heroes against villains in trailers. It's interesting to note the latter, since previous versions have seen heroes matched up against each other more often than not. If you're going to add another Zelda villain to the roster, who else would you pick? I'm not under the impression that any of the others are anywhere as near as requested.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

The Moon should be playable.

I can see the tag-line now. "The Moon CRASHES DOWN!"

THE MOON Eclipses the Competition!

But yeah, I wouldn't mind Skull Kid being added- Or any new Zelda character, really. Strange that one of Nintendo's biggest series hasn't had a unique newcomer since Melee.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some full matches.

K. Rool looks fun, but he may very well be the biggest target in Smash history. In awe at the size of this lad.

And some team battle footage. Ridley's Final Smash looks to have an auto-kill effect like Bayonetta's.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Solly said:

Some full matches.

K. Rool looks fun, but he may very well be the biggest target in Smash history. In awe at the size of this lad.

He even has his own victory theme! This game's everything I wanted and more.

• Thumbs Up 3

I love seeing King K. Rool in action! I'm definitely looking forward to playing as him.

Also, I just noticed that this game now has an official ESRB rating, thanks to the character videos that the official Smash page have been sharing on Facebook. So, it looks like this game successfully got through the ESRB rating process without being leaked like last time, which is a good thing even though part of me wishes that it didn't because I'm impatient and want to see more stuff.

smashu_esrb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mikeblastdude said:

smashu_esrb.jpg

It's amazing how intense the stuff they're getting away with for 10 year olds is. Though this might also confirm that "Reaping Luigi's soul" might be as far as they'll go. 

This could be a point against there being an Adventure Mode like in the past, as Melee and Brawl received T ratings. Then again, Melee was before the "E10+" was added, and the mostly T rated parts of Brawl are the "FPS Brown" graphics, and those blood red burn marks Master Hand was shown with in SSE. Nobody is really looking for a story that's as dark or darker than SSE, so it's only a matter of time till we see just how graphic the final game's content is. 

I don't think this is good news for Doom Slayer, but we'll know for sure.

Considering the video of Snake vs. K. Rool, it looks like we finally have an in-game pronunciation of the full name, and it's the "Kay Rool" pronunciation.  I'm still using the "Kuh Rool" pronunciation, since it sounds more punny that way, and it's been around much longer than "Kay Rool".

Also, K. Rool's victory fanfare could also be a subtle nod to DKC3 for when you raise Krematoa.  When you do so, the Kongs will honk out the GPG opening fanfare as if in triumph.

Apparently Gregg Mayles, who gave King K. Rool his name when DKC was being developed, always intended for it to be "Kay Rool."

I've always used "Kay Rool" myself, and I remember how thrown off I was when they were calling him "Kuh Rool" in the cartoon series, haha. I don't think any way of pronouncing it is wrong, though, and as Gregg says, everyone is free to have their version.

kingkrool.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, mikeblastdude said:

Apparently Gregg Mayles, who gave King K. Rool his name when DKC was being developed, always intended for it to be "Kay Rool."

I've always used "Kay Rool" myself, and I remember how thrown off I was when they were calling him "Kuh Rool" in the cartoon series, haha. I don't think any way of pronouncing it is wrong, though, and as Gregg says, everyone is free to have their version.

kingkrool.jpg

I'm personally using Keith from now on:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

The funny thing about the pronunciation in the cartoon is that in the pilot, when introducing him, Cranky very obviously and phonetically says "King Kay Rool," yet it's followed up by "Ka-rool" seconds later. Guessing they might've simplified it for most of the series to make it easier to fit into the mouthflaps. (It's worth noting that it shows a close-up of the Crystal Coconut rather than anyone's mouth moving when it's said correctly.)

Something to note - in the Japanese version of the footage, it's actually pronounced "Cruel"! Apparently it's always been that way over there, just thought it was a fun fact. 

• Thumbs Up 2

We have what I believe is the first mobile representation in Smash, courtesy of "Gear up for..." from Fire Emblem Heroes!

• Thumbs Up 1

C'mon, Nintendo, gimme that Body Rock remix. The Wario series needs more songs in Smash and I want to turn heads on the single scene while punching Daisy in the face.😢

• Thumbs Up 3

even though I want skull kid, this is clearly fake given how he, King K. Rool, and Bowser Jr aren’t with their respective franchises. Typically smash menus group the characters don’t they?

20 minutes ago, KHCast said:

even though I want skull kid, this is clearly fake given how he, King K. Rool, and Bowser Jr aren’t with their respective franchises. Typically smash menus group the characters don’t they?

I believe Ultimate is listing them in the order they appeared in the franchise. 

That said, I'd still call fake.