Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

ISABELLE BABY!

3B44450C-744F-47F2-9721-8D44AF7F14B4.jpeg

As someone who doesn't really care about Animal Crossing...oof.

I commend Nintendo for getting the least hype-intensive and hype-setting fighter by virtue of being from Animal Crossing smack dab in the middle of the marketing push, so hype can be properly settled in at the beginning stages of marketing, and near the end near release date.

Yeesh, quite a negative reception here towards the Isabelle announcement. o_o

Am I the only one who's genuinely really happy about this? I'm a massive Animal Crossing fan, so yeah, I'm a bit biased I suppose, but with her massive popularity in recent years, I figured she was an obvious choice.

Oh well, anyway, yay Isabelle! That was by far the most adorable Smash trailer ever, as I expected it would be. And hey, no one died this time!

• Thumbs Up 8

Im so bummed Shadow didn't get in Smash, he;s not even in the game anymore period(thanks Knuckles), it's not like this game will give him a milestone treatment(racing), this is just another mandatory appearance for fan service but to me Shadow will never be as popular as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are as main figurehead icons for the series, because he'll keep being given less quality roles and game play mechanics that won't change his near controversial divide amongst older Sonic fans and casual gamers. Smash was the only game that Shadow had a shot in actually reinventing his impact to fans again and pretty much totally redeeming him to modern sonic haters or general sonic haters. At least he would have new game mechanics that could generally be interesting or even unique in being totally unique from sonic for a change.

Congrats to animal crossing fans but it was a lack luster reveal. And again not knowing this series, why her? Doesnt seem like she would be interesting to play as

Not an Animal Crossing guy, but Isabelle is a fun addition and it's neat that she's kind of Lucas-y where she has some similar stuff to Villager, but also plenty of her own stuff to keep her from being an Echo Fighter. I know my Sister will be eager to play her.

Also, I REALLY don't think Isabelle's inclusion says ANYTHING about the fate of future Echo Fighters.

• Thumbs Up 9

15 minutes ago, mikeblastdude said:

Yeesh, quite a negative reception here towards the Isabelle announcement. o_o

Am I the only one who's genuinely really happy about this? I'm a massive Animal Crossing fan, so yeah, I'm a bit biased I suppose, but with her massive popularity in recent years, I figured she was an obvious choice.

Oh well, anyway, yay Isabelle! That was by far the most adorable Smash trailer ever, as I expected it would be. And hey, no one died this time!

You're not alone. I'm excited she made it in, and surprised to see so much negativity, but it wouldn't be Smash discussion without salt, I guess. And I'm glad she's not an echo fighter. 

Plus her being a fighter means this is possible now.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

7 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Y'all acting like Isabelle is the final character or something. The game's not out for another 3 months, and until said otherwise I'm still gonna hope for Shadow being playable.

Amen to that. Heck, Isabelle being a semi-clone rather than a full-on echo, is good news to an extent as well. It means that the likes of Dixie and Shadow the hedgehog could come in looking keen.

Just now, Solly said:

You're not alone. I'm excited she made it in, and surprised to see so much negativity, but it wouldn't be Smash discussion without salt, I guess. And I'm glad she's not an echo fighter. 

Plus her being a fighter means this is possible now.

Df-kPzPUYAANCGk.png:large

Love how the guy even had a follow up to that:

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Im so bummed Shadow didn't get in Smash, he;s not even in the game anymore period(thanks Knuckles), it's not like this game will give him a milestone treatment(racing), this is just another mandatory appearance for fan service but to me Shadow will never be as popular as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are as main figurehead icons for the series, because he'll keep being given less quality roles and game play mechanics that won't change his near controversial divide amongst older Sonic fans and casual gamers. Smash was the only game that Shadow had a shot in actually reinventing his impact to fans again and pretty much totally redeeming him to modern sonic haters or general sonic haters. At least he would have new game mechanics that could generally be interesting or even unique in being totally unique from sonic for a change.

>character from Nintendo game gets announced
>"NOW HATERS WILL NEVER TAKE SONIC SERIOUSLY"

chill, he still has a shot at getting in

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Why are you so hurt over this? Pretty much everything major outlet either through predictions or possible leaks indicated both Shadow and Isabelle as potential fighters.

Chill out man

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't play Smash/fighting games or want to... and not played a animal crossing game before, I do want to someday tho. Regardless Isabelle getting into Smash is the best news I heard for the game so far. Her character in general is very cute. So this news makes me happy. xD

• Thumbs Up 3

As much as I do not give one iota of a damn about Animal Crossing, I don't see how people could see Isabelle's inclusion as baffling. Did you see her popularity after she was introduced in New Leaf? She's probably the most popular character alongside Tom Nook and K K Slider despite being a decade newer. 

• Thumbs Up 7

58 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

There's still two months before launch and Nintendo did say they'd reveal all the characters beforehand, so he may still be an echo fighter.

12 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

But... but how? And why?

Why does SHE get in over HIM?!

Who? No seriously, I've never heard of him before.

7 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Because she's popular...

Also this. I may not be a big AC fan, but oh boy, have I heard the push for Isabelle. Kudos to her fans.

• Thumbs Up 3