Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

1 hour ago, Blacklightning said:

Besides that though, all I'd really change is adding Phoenix Wright. Maybe another 3rd party or two to even out the resulting Capcom lean if need be.

True that. And considering Capcom hinting at big things for Ace Attorney fans everywhere aside from just the anime and a potential new game,  not to mention,  Takumi reportedly hanging out with Sakurai in 2016, it's looking quite possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Ridley and Splatoon are the current newcomers, aside from that, it’s pretty much a souped up port(well not really, but borrows lots from smash 4), with all the characters from the series. I’m okay with this. Wolf, Snake, Young Link, even fucking Pichu lol.

Zelda, Link and Ganondorf all got new designs, but Zelda got the most gameplay tweaking.

Everyone's back. Old Stages are back. THEY EVEN ADDED RIDLEY.

I can only imagine what the soundtrack for this game will be like.

I am so insanely hyped. Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, they're all back. It's even better for me because I never got any of the DLC characters on Wii U, other than MewTwo which I got for free since I got both the 3DS and Wii U versions. So I've got Ryu, Cloud, Bayo and such to play now.

Still gonna likely main Link though, with Sonic and Mega Man as subs. Definitely want to try Inkling too tho.

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Souped up port? So it's a port? I just want Shantae in this

It's not a souped up port, it's an ultimate version including every single character in the series, seemingly every stage, and newcomers, along with the features you expect from a new Smash game - new balance changes, new gameplay mechanics, final smashes have gotten a massive alteration and more. It's hardly a port.

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Souped up port? So it's a port? I just want Shantae in this

Not quite certain.....we've just scratched the surface. And saw some returning stuff. There could be much, much more. Like Ryan said, it's an ultimate version.  Just about everything has been reworked down to the bone. There's even new voice acting. Port, this ain't.

Sakurai and his development team have gone mad with power. They cannot be contained.

The fact that they brought back every single character ever to appear in the franchise is a new level of pure madness that I must applaud them for. And even now, they still have room for newcomers!

I need to get my hands on this game ASAP.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

Is this a heavily reworked version of Smash Wii U? That's what it looked like to me. It's not a new game from the ground up, but a complete re-working of Smash U to include every character and stage the series has ever seen, along with new mechanics. It's not a truly new game, but it's more than your typical enhanced port by a long shot.

Oh and Bomberman being an Assist Trophy instead of a playable character is worthy of a boycott.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait. So Young Link doesn’t have that mark next to his name, so...he’s not a clone? They didn’t really go into detail about how he separates himself from toon and regular. All he said was”hey we have 3 Links now!”

While impressive size-wise, lack of new content makes you wonder. When  Smash 4 came out I suspected that it will be impossible to top that. "Bring everyone" sound like last option maneuver that you do when you really don't have any what to do next.

I mean, I'm sure game will be a blast, but how Smash 6 will look? Smash Ultimater? Reboot and bringing first stage for nostalgia sake? Son of Smash Bros?

Shame, since there is at least 10 Nintendo characters I still hope to see, double that number with 3rd party. I'm not even going to dream about more Sonic characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ladies and Gentlemen!

giphy.gif

This is how you make an entrance!

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

It's not a souped-up port. I'm not sure how people are getting that from what we saw.

Is Knuckles an assist or Echo character? I can't tell.

Also I think Shadow will be an echo of Sonic....and maybe Tails.....maybe....as I would think he'd make it as at least an assist if Knuckles is one.....or maybe....maybe a....character.....a man can dream XP

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Marcello said:

It's not a souped-up port. I'm not sure how people are getting that from what we saw.

Probably cause it visually looks like Sm4sh with new additions and slight tweaks to existing characters? It shouldn’t be hard to understand how people are getting that impression...like you really shouldn’t be confused as to why people are saying this. What we’ve seen doesn’t exactly scream brand new game 100%

• Thumbs Up 1