Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

In a Q&A following the Nintendo Direct at E3 today, Nintendo confirmed that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is an entirely new game built specifically for Nintendo Switch rather than a new version or port of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/12/e3-2018-super-smash-bros-ultimate-is-an-entirely-new-game-bandai-namco-still-involved?abthid=5b1ffd6a5e99c41d36000119

Bandai-Namco is also involved again.

Obviously not a “built from the ground up” type of “new” but okay I guess if they say so. It clearly is borrowing assets from its predecessor when you look at some of the characters, and it’s visual foundation is very similar from what I can see to Wii U as well, just modified for switch. It’s certainly no jump like the last games have had. I’d at least be content with them admitting that much. Even if it’s a new game, it’s  not all new 100%. Going by @Pawn‘s shared video, gamexplain seem to say it feels similar but not the same. “Sleightly the same, but not exactly” seems like the phrase to use here for the game. Different enough, but familiarly structured

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Knuckles has a Homing Attack?!

Well technically he could do it in Heroes, so...

Anyways, I'll bet that with this being the grand culmination of all of Smash, it makes it seem like a grand finale. Of course, well see how that holds up in a few years, after all, Smash is a system seller. 

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

I'm happy with what they showed of Smash thus far. I just hope there's an Adventure Mode of some sort, as well as plenty of new stages with interesting (but not too obtrusive) gimmicks to mix things up.

I'm really feeling it guys! This Smash game needs that story mode with a cast this bulging!

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

As for the new stuff they did show, I was very surprised to see that Daisy and Ridley were finally added to the line-up. Speaking of which...

PyCavh3.jpg

Star Wars in Smash confirmed.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/6065-jovahexeon-pirate-ridley/?status=923395&type=status

What I'd love for Smash: Phoenix Wright, Twintelle, Crash Bandicoot, and Daisy & Ridley, while having nothing to do with Last Jedi.

My wish is already forming! (Thanks for listening Nintendo) Seems I was wise to include the fine print negating a monkey's paw after all!

Seeing Knuckles with a homing attack is a little weird, but I kind of don’t care because seeing him fighting alongside the other fighters, even as an Assist Trophy, is wonderful.

No longer will I have to use this abomination to experience one of my very favorite Sonic characters on the battlefield.

knuckles_mii.jpg

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

In a Q&A following the Nintendo Direct at E3 today, Nintendo confirmed that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is an entirely new game built specifically for Nintendo Switch rather than a new version or port of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/12/e3-2018-super-smash-bros-ultimate-is-an-entirely-new-game-bandai-namco-still-involved?abthid=5b1ffd6a5e99c41d36000119

Bandai-Namco is also involved again.

And that officially puts any debate about it being a new game, obviously not a souped up port to rest. Keen

Bomberman Assist Trophy just appeared in the Invitational. He lays three bombs and they explode in a cross form like his own games. The crowd cheered when he appeared 😄

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

So guys. Codec calls or Plautena's Guide. God forbid...both competing against each other?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Blacklightning said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Room for one more?

Sure, though maybe that should be Off the Hook since Squid Sisters are already in as a stage hazard or assist trophy.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

After seeing this Knuckles footage, there's literally no reason why he can't be an Echo Fighter. I really hope that by some miracle that he is.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Sure, though maybe that should be Off the Hook since Squid Sisters are already in as a stage hazard or assist trophy.

By that logic, Plautena's Guide shouldn't be in it since she's a playable character in of herself.

• Way Past Cool 1

15 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

By that logic, Plautena's Guide shouldn't be in it since she's a playable character in of herself.

Oh I'm not saying that Squid Sisters are disqualified. Just stating my preference for the most exposure.

22 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

After seeing this Knuckles footage, there's literally no reason why he can't be an Echo Fighter. I really hope that by some miracle that he is.

If they were going to do that, he wouldn't be an assist trophy in the first place. I'm expecting since he's replaced Shadow, they're going to make Shadow an echo fighter if the Sonic series gets a second rep at all.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

If they were going to do that, he wouldn't be an assist trophy in the first place. I'm expecting since he's replaced Shadow, they're going to make Shadow an echo fighter if the Sonic series gets a second rep at all.

That's why I said I'm hoping for some kind of miracle.

12 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Why are we saying that Knuckles has replaced Shadow? They do totally different things. Shadow uses Chaos Control, whilst Knuckles sort of just fights like Sonic. Am I missing something here, or is it now impossible for the Sonic series to have two assist trophies? Shadow could easily be one of the most logical echo fighters in the game, but nothing is suggesting that he's going to be in right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley @Blacklightning @Ryannumber1gamer

For the Codec, Palutena’s Guide, and Splatoon TV, why not make it so that Snake can consistently use the codec in any stage, but when he uses it in the Kid Icarus/Splatoon stages or characters, his codec gets intercepted by their respective guides (Palutena, Pit and Dark Pit for KI and the Squid Sisters for Splatoon respectively), either to interject on something they think or just because they did so by accident/for their own amusement. And then have something similar for the Kid Icarus characters and Splatoon characters respectively. Oh and let Slippy Toad do it as well, since he did it for Falco back in Brawl.

• Nice Smile 1

25 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Why are we saying that Knuckles has replaced Shadow? They do totally different things. Shadow uses Chaos Control, whilst Knuckles sort of just fights like Sonic. Am I missing something here, or is it now impossible for the Sonic series to have two assist trophies? Shadow could easily be one of the most logical echo fighters in the game, but nothing is suggesting that he's going to be in right now.

I suppose it's not out of the question for Sonic to get two AT's, but it lines up with them coming up with the "echo fighter" term and everything. I imagine echo fighters will be the way they give some third-party series another rep without needing to do that much work. Admittedly, I also just want to see it happen and I'm willing to entertain the possibility right now (I'm not expecting that many new characters, new or echoes, anyway). If it turns out Sonic gets two AT's, that's cool too.

1 hour ago, Blacklightning said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Room for one more?

...are we forgetting about the corneria easter egg?

oh my god... what if we get all four of these!?

• Way Past Cool 1

The best announcer's back!

This really is the end-all, be-all package, ain't it? 

And on the subjects of Assist Trophies, I've got an idea: Bring back the Resetti concept from Brawl, but make it Cranky Kong this time. He seems like the perfect candidate to distract players by insulting them, the fighters, and the game itself. But unlike Resetti, Cranky will actually strike back if you hit him. That guy swings a mean cane.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 2