Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I got my Plant Boi today, and he’s great! Only two gaping problems for me:

-His Neutral B goes up one when you aim it in a direction, and then stops altogether.

-His Side-B requires two button presses to perform.

Apparently, there have been multiple reports of save data getting corrupted when using Plant in All-Star mode. Just figured I'd let y'all know.

10 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Apparently, there have been multiple reports of save data getting corrupted when using Plant in All-Star mode. Just figured I'd let y'all know.

The Piranha Plant trolls never end.....

Spoiler

I don't touch fake all-star mode so I'm safe XP

• Thumbs Up 3

Why did they nerf Chrom's up special (I saw one instance against @JokerJovahexeonJoranvexeon that'd usually spike him, but since Chrom falls first he just meteored off the edge while I SD'd)

... But at least the lag for dair is reduced!

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

For once there's proper patch notes!

Whole lotta buffs.

...whereas my main, Mega Man, only got nerfed. Sad times.

Let me see

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Ver. 2.0.0 - Fighter Adjustments
Mario

• Dash Attack: Adjusted launch angle.
  • FS Meter: Extended launch distance.

Donkey Kong

• Forward Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.

Link 

• Up Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.
  • Neutral Special: Extended the time from when the arrow is loosed to when it disappears.

Samus

• Side Special: Extended the range of the missile and reduced the vulnerability when using the move in the air.
  • Down Special: Reduced vulnerability.

Dark Samus

• Down Special: Reduced vulnerability.

Yoshi

• Forward Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.

Kirby

• Dash Attack: Increased power range and attack power while maintaining launch distance.
  • Side Tilt Attack: Slightly reduced vulnerability and extended undamaged launch distance.
  • Down Special: Adjusted the super armor frames after using the move.

Pikachu

• Grab Attack: Shortened hitstun time.

Luigi

• Up Smash Attack: Extended launch distance.
  • Down Air Attack: Opponents on the ground will no longer suffer a meteor effect.
  • Side Special: Reduced vulnerability.
  • Down Special: Extended launch distance.

Ness

• Up Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.
  • Down Air Attack: Increased attack power and maintained launch distance.

Jigglypuff

• Side Tilt Attack: Reduced vulnerability.
  • Down Tilt Attack: Extended launch distance.
  • Up Smash Attack: Increased attack power of low-power zone.
  • Back Air Attack: Increased attack speed.
  • Forward Throw: Adjusted launch angle.
  • FS Meter: Extended launch distance.

Peach & Daisy

• Up Special: Shortened launch distance of repeated attacks.

Bowser

• Neutral Attack: Increased power.
  • Side Tilt Attack: Increased power.
  • Down Smash Attack: Extended launch distance.
  • Up Special: Made it easier to hit multiple times.
  • Final Smash & FS Meter: Crouching opponents will now be launched the same as standing opponents.

Ice Climbers

• Basic Movements: Nana and Popo will follow each other more when separated.
  • Up Special: Made it easier to grab edges.

Sheik

• Up Smash Attack: Increased the first attack’s range.
  • Down Smash Attack: Made it easier to hit multiple times.
  • Forward Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • Side Special: Reduced vulnerability.

Pichu

• Grab Attack: Shortened hitstun time.

Ganondorf

Ganondorf

• Up Air Attack    Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.

Mewtwo

• Dash Attack: Shortened the downtime from shielding.
  • Side Tilt Attack: This move will now always launch forward.
  • Up Special: Made it easier to grab edges.

Roy

• Down Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.

Chrom

• Down Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.
  • Up Special: Shortened the meteor distance. When falling off the stage with an opponent, Chrom will be KO’d first.

Mr. Game & Watch

• Forward Air Attack: Increased attack range.

Mr. Game & Watch

• Down Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.

Pit    

• Final Smash & FS Meter: Crouching opponents will now be launched the same as standing opponents.

Zero Suit Samus

• Side Smash Attack: Shortened the launch distance when the attack hits the middle of an opponent's body.
  • Up Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • Down Special: Shortened the amount of time undamaged opponents are buried.

Wario

• Down Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.

Snake    

• Up Tilt Attack: Extended the high-damage window.

Ike

• Up Special: Shortened the meteor distance.

Charizard

• Dash Attack: Increased attack power and extended launch distance.

Diddy Kong

• Neutral Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.

Lucas    

• Up Tilt Attack: Added electrical damage.
  • Neutral Air Attack    Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • Down Air Attack    Added electrical damage.
  • Grab Attack:    Added electrical damage.

Sonic    

• Side Tilt Attack: Made it easier to hit multiple times.
  • Forward Air Attack: Shortened hitstun time.
  • Back Air Attack: Reduced vulnerability when landing.
  • FS Meter: Extended launch distance.

King Dedede

• Side Special - Reduced the attack range of the moving Gordo.

Lucario

• Forward Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • Neutral Special: Shortened hitstun time.
  • FS Meter: Increased power.

R.O.B.

• Side Special: Made it easier to hit multiple times.

Toon Link

• Forward Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.
  • Back Air Attack:    Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.

Mega Man

• Side Tilt Attack: Special moves will not be activated when jumping and using Mega Buster.

Rosalina & Luma

• Dash Attack: Made it easier to hit multiple times.
  • Up Tilt Attack: Extended launch distance for Luma's Up Tilt Attack.
  • Down Tilt Attack: Extended the distance Luma moves forward.
  • Neutral Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move. Increased the amount of time hit detection lasts.
  • Forward Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • Down Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time between the start of the move and the meteor effect.
  • Neutral Special: Reduced vulnerability when sending out and calling back Luma.
  • Final Smash & FS MeterShortened the distance you can shift when the attack is making contact.

Little Mac

• Neutral Air AttackShortened the landing time and the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • Up Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.

Greninja

• Down Smash Attack: Increased the range of the inner attacks.
  • Up Special: Can no longer move immediately when landing on a moving platform or slanted ground.

Mii Brawler

• Flurry Attack: Increased attack range and shortened the opponent's hitstun shuffle distance.
  • Up Smash Attack: Extended the high-damage window and reduced the low-damage window.
  • Neutral Air Attack: Reduced vulnerability when landing after using the move.
  • Back Air Attack: Reduced vulnerability when landing after using the move.
  • Up Air Attack: Increased power.
  • Neutral Special: Increased power.
  • Neutral Special: Reduced vulnerability.
  • Side Special: Extended distance and increased speed.
  • Down Special: Greatly increased damage to opponents' shields.
  • Down Special: Extended launch distance of kick performed with extra input.

Mii Gunner

Palutena    

• Neutral Air Attack: Shortened hitstun time.
  • Up Special: Made it easier to grab edges.

PAC-MAN

• Forward Air Attack: Shortened the landing time and the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • Neutral Special: Extended the time until you disappear after landing the attack.

Robin

• Up Special: Increased the speed of the backwards edge-grab range detection.

Shulk

• Forward Air Attack: Shortened the landing time and the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • Up Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.

Duck Hunt

• Neutral Special: Reduced vulnerability.
  • Side Special: Increased vulnerability. Shortened hitstun time for the exploding clay pigeons.

Ryu

• Neutral Attack: Opponents hit in the air will be launched, making it easier to hit them with the next hit.
  • Forward Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.
  • Down Tilt Attack: Can no longer jump immediately after using the move.

Ken

• Neutral Attack: Opponents hit in the air will be launched, making it easier to hit them with the next hit.
  • Neutral Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.
  • Down Tilt Attack: Can no longer jump immediately after using the move.

Cloud

• Down Special: Increased the range of Finishing Touch at the beginning of the move.

Corrin 

• Neutral Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the move.

Bayonetta

• Neutral Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.

Inkling

• Neutral Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • Side Special: Shortened the amount of time undamaged opponents are buried. Moved attack range back while on the ground.

Ridley

• Neutral Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • Down Air Attack: Shortened the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.
  • FS Meter: Increased power.

King K. Rool

• Neutral Special: Shortened the length of the vacuum effect.
  • Up Special: Reduced the range of the attack.
  • Downward Throw: Shortened the amount of time undamaged opponents are buried.

Isabelle    

• Neutral Air Attack: Shortened the landing time and the amount of time you cannot grab edges after using the move.

Incineroar  

• Up Smash Attack: Extended launch distance.
  • Up Throw: Extended launch distance.
  • Up Special: Extended vertical and horizontal distance.

4 hours ago, Jingilator said:

His Side-B requires two button presses to perform.

His Side Special is a Charge move. A stored charge.

3 hours ago, StaticMania said:

His Side Special is a Charge move. A stored charge.

Well, I think a better way to have executed that, in my opinion, is letting the attack be fully charged, saving it for later, and than pressing the button again.

3 hours ago, Jingilator said:

Well, I think a better way to have executed that, in my opinion, is letting the attack be fully charged, saving it for later, and than pressing the button again.

That is what it does, though. If you keep letting him charge it'll be available for use later once he finishes, and he'll have this purple smoke around his feet indicating that it's good to go.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

I'm so happy Incineroar's recovery isn't trash anymore. I played around with him a bit last night and was pleased to see I could actually make it back to the stage.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Jingilator said:

This doesn't make sense. That's exactly what you do already, what are you saying?

• Chuckle 1

So I played some more with Piranha Plant today and it turns out you really could keep it charged. I’m disappointed in myself for not realizing that sooner.

D4762654-F136-46CD-AE10-2DA108F1F2AC.jpeg

15 hours ago, Jingilator said:

So I played some more with Piranha Plant today and it turns out you really could keep it charged. I’m disappointed in myself for not realizing that sooner.

D4762654-F136-46CD-AE10-2DA108F1F2AC.jpeg

Hey, no worries man! It's a simple mistake, no big deal.

Speaking of that move, it's kinda insane... You can get opponents up to like 70% if you use it in conjunction with his tap A move (I don't remember what it's called, but a lot of characters have like a fast multiple punch move you do by tapping A).

11 hours ago, StaticMania said:

It's a jab...it's just a jab.

That's right, thank you. The word escaped me.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:29 PM, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Hey, no worries man! It's a simple mistake, no big deal.

Speaking of that move, it's kinda insane... You can get opponents up to like 70% if you use it in conjunction with his tap A move (I don't remember what it's called, but a lot of characters have like a fast multiple punch move you do by tapping A).

To be more specific that variant is called a 'rapid jab'. Any neutral A can just be called a 'neutral attack' or a 'jab', the ones that have an infinite get those variants usually called rapid jabs from what I've seen in the community.

Also Pirahna Plant feels really fucking weird. Certainly unique and doesn't disappoint for what a weird playable character choice it looked like, but I don't think I'm gonna be playing as it very often. Can't get used to that neutral special lol

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spinny said:

To be more specific that variant is called a 'rapid jab'.

Rapid jab is an actual attack animation. There's no actual name for the thing he was talking about and people just end up calling it that or multi-jab. 

Really fast jabs means that can happen.

4 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Regarding a certain character leak, we've got even more evidence:

Spoiler

20E4D209-82D6-481B-9E27-80363E2DD714.jpeg.29872720664b3deb90f9387f20ee261e.jpeg

I mean, I wouldn’t mind Erdrick but come on…if you couldn’t use Sora, you could just as easily use Neku Sakuraba. Air-Dick would be lucky to have even one song from Dragon Quest considering how much of a donkey’s rear end the composer is.

5 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Regarding a certain character leak, we've got even more evidence:

Remember when I said someone was bound to make it in DLC the day of Joker's announcement.  Good times 😉 

Spoiler

JTBC I have no current attachment to the franchise, I just knew it was bound to happen

At this point, if it happens it happens.

Spoiler

I'm a bit skeptical since I don't think Kumazaki is heavily involved in Smash. He's an "original game supervisor" but that's one guy among many with that credit, and that's because he's the current director for Kirby.

I have come around to being okay with a Dragon Quest hero though (there are DQ characters I'd prefer to see, but it really doesn't make a difference who they use), but I honestly don't like the idea of Sugiyama seeing a dime from licensing revenue for music. And that's assuming the licensing hoops for the character aren't as much of a pain in the ass as one would think.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Jingilator said:
  Hide contents

20E4D209-82D6-481B-9E27-80363E2DD714.jpeg.29872720664b3deb90f9387f20ee261e.jpeg

I mean, I wouldn’t mind Erdrick but come on…if you couldn’t use Sora, you could just as easily use Neku Sakuraba. Air-Dick would be lucky to have even one song from Dragon Quest considering how much of a donkey’s rear end the composer is.

Spoiler

If they were choosing DLC characters based on music, or indeed rejecting DLC characters based on the music (or its composer), that would be one thing.  But Neku and TWEWY just aren't celebrities in the same way as Persona and Dragon Quest are; and while Kingdom Hearts and Sora I think would've been an amazing fit, they don't have a game coming to Switch this year. 

Additionally, if one rumour about the "Brave" character is correct, it's not so much "Erdrick" as it is "Dragon Quest heroes," with the DQXI protagonist and a DQX character also in the mix as alts; a slightly more interesting proposal.  We'll see what they do about the music.  Satisfying though it would be if they could cut Koichi Sugiyama out of the picture somehow, it seems unlikely that that's on the cards.

• Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Spoiler

If they were choosing DLC characters based on music, or indeed rejecting DLC characters based on the music (or its composer), that would be one thing.  But Neku and TWEWY just aren't celebrities in the same way as Persona and Dragon Quest are; and while Kingdom Hearts and Sora I think would've been an amazing fit, they don't have a game coming to Switch this year. 

Spoiler

We got Cloud who had zero relevance to Nintendo in the previous iteration and nothing really current to promote at the time. He's an iconic character, yes, and I understand the demand he had, but at the time no one had any reason to think he had a chance because of what seemed to be an unwritten rule of Nintendo relevance. Sora could have the same sort of deal where there's nothing to promote other than celebrating the character's legacy, and unlike Cloud, he at least has the Nintendo history. He's not a character I personally want, but I can at least understand the support behind him regardless if Square intends to throw any kind of KH support at the Switch.

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:
  Hide contents

We got Cloud who had zero relevance to Nintendo in the previous iteration and nothing really current to promote at the time. He's an iconic character, yes, and I understand the demand he had, but at the time no one had any reason to think he had a chance because of what seemed to be an unwritten rule of Nintendo relevance. Sora could have the same sort of deal where there's nothing to promote other than celebrating the character's legacy, and unlike Cloud, he at least has the Nintendo history. He's not a character I personally want, but I can at least understand the support behind him regardless if Square intends to throw any kind of KH support at the Switch.

Spoiler

Cloud came at a very different time, though, having been supported by the character poll quite in addition to his status as an undeniable gaming celebrity - and we know that what people voted for in the character poll tended to have little to do with what seemed realistic (Sakurai's actually acknowledged the votes for Goku and Spongebob).  If there were another character poll, I think there's every chance that Sora would come out near the top; instead, the Fighter Pack characters were decided by Nintendo alone, and there's good reason right now to think that they're looking at big names which are specifically promoting upcoming Switch games.  That puts Dragon Quest ahead of Kingdom Hearts at the moment; but if this were a year when the Switch were getting a Kingdom Hearts spin-off rather than a mainline Dragon Quest game, I think it'd very easily be the other way around.  I absolutely understand why people want Sora to appear and personally think he's a better pick purely as a character than Erdrick - but on the information we have, it looks more to me like the choice was Dragon Quest as a franchise rather than Erdrick as a character.  Hence, if the rumour is correct, the alts; DQ just doesn't really have an undisputed face in the way Kingdom Hearts has Sora.  (Unless they were to pick a Slime, that is.)

Obviously this is a theory which will be revised if future data puts it into question, but if people are looking for a connecting logic to the Fighter Pack choices, and people will always look for connecting logic, then promotional relevance combined with gaming superstardom is the present best-fit theory.  It'll be interesting to see the remaining choices, especially if the DLC timescale outpaces big-name third-party Switch releases; even in the event of Erdrick, I wouldn't totally rule out Sora, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 2