Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

2 hours ago, Tailikku said:

and then there's people who make this (pulled from the Smash Wiki Discord server):

image0.png?width=542&height=683

OK first of all, the list has forgotten a few things regarding Goku:

• He debuted in a manga first
  • His first game was on the Super Casettevision
  • He never was the Famicom mascot, that honor goes to both Mario and Diskkun
  • Most of his games were on the Playstation
  • all of his games were tie-ins to the anime

And for Geno, he wasn't a side character, he was a main character.  This thing also glosses over the fact that Geno also got a Mii Gunner Costume in Sm4sh.  And to top this off for both of them, and reasons why they won't be a playable character: COPYRIGHTS

Geno is still owned by Square-Enix while Goku is still owned by Jump and Akira Toriyama, who last I checked only lisence their characters out for tie-in games like Jump Super Stars, with Toriyama being the exception by being the character designer for Dragon Quest, Blue Dragon, and Chrono Trigger.  Also:

c39.png

I think the first photo is probably sarcasm.

Also, I wouldn't mind Goku to get in but I definetly know why he most probably get in.

I will say Sora also seems to be popping up more in videos regarding leaks and roster choices/hopes. Could be because of KH3 rehyping the general gaming community, or could just be due to his demand growing. Could have swore I saw him on a couple of polls, even if he was in the low areas. And seeing how Square only have Cloud atm, wouldn’t surprise me to see one more Square rep. Geno or Sora seem like the go to choices 

58 minutes ago, Sean said:

I strongly doubted K. Rool making it in because to be fair it wasn't so much that he was forgotten, but rather Nintendo was adamant about not using him again in DKCR and TF. Had those games never existed, I never would have thought that Nintendo had anything in particular against him.

I'm still floored that K. Rool is in Smash at all. I don't think his presence in a new DKC is absolutely necessary (I thought the Snowmads were fine, even if it would have been cool if he had shown up in a viking getup this time), but it really is nice to see him again.

The Tikis were just awful. I liked the Snomads as a whole, but Frederik was a K. Rool ripoff. Otherwise, I liked the Snomads a lot, Bashmaster is amazing for example. In general, Tropical Freeze has some of the best bosses in the game.

But nothing beats K. Rool and the Kremlings. IMO, K. Rool should show up even if he's not the main antagonist of that specific game. I also just don't want to get into this situation where he's missing for so long again.

It wouldn't be so big of a deal if we were still getting DK spinoffs.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to what's next for DK. And of course playing as K. Rool in Smash. :D

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Also, is it sad that I just recently discovered Alucard's name is Dracula backwards? I know nothing of Castlevania.

It's not Castlevania that started the idea, Universal did with Son of Dracula in 1943 with Lon Chaney.  His Dracula took the name "Count Alucard" as a way to travel in cognito in Louisiana and spread his vampirism.  Alucard in Castlevania took this alias as a way to show that he opposes Dracula, although he still recognizes himself as Adrien Farenheits Tepes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Yeah, I say this as a fan of Dragon Ball, but there's absolutely no way that Goku is getting in.

I have doubts on whether Sora or Banjo & Kazooie would be able to make it in as well due to the crazy licensing situations that would be involved (both Square and Disney for Sora, and a direct competitor for B-K). Still not impossible for them, though. If anyone were able to make it happen, it would be Sakurai.

So, I wanted to talk about music for a bit; specifically, about the series that this forum kind of revolves around. Thanks to the recent Super Smash Bros. Direct, we now know that Smash Ultimate will have 20 songs from the Sonic series totaling 42:49 in time, assuming there wasn't any more to be unlocked, which is a little bit more than we've gotten in the past. What do you all think we'll be getting? Do you think we'll finally get a new remix or two?

Personally, I'm hoping for at least one new remix, if not more, considering that both Jun Senoue and Tomoya Ohtani are confirmed to be doing music for the game. Also, I'm really hoping that there's a little more variety in the songs. As much as I like Crush 40, overall there were WAY too many vocal tracks in Smash Wii U and a severe lack of the amazing level music that the Sonic series is known for. My ideal song list from the Sonic series would be something along the lines of this:

1. Green
 Hill Zone (already confirmed)
2. Angel Island Zone (already confirmed)
3. Sonic Boom
4. Open Your Heart
5. Live & Learn
6. Studiopolis Zone
7. Sky Sanctuary Zone
8. Flying Battery Zone
9. Windy Valley: The Air
10. Speed Highway
11. Sunset Park: Act 3
12. Stardust Speedway “B” Mix (JP)
13. Rooftop Run
14. Escape from the City
15. Planet Wisp
16. Seaside Hill
17. Chaos Angel
18. Isolated Island
19. Sky Troops
20. Crisis City

Not that I’m expecting the outcome to even be remotely like this, but, I’d just really like to see a wider range of games and genres covered.

39610003_10156570855786763_6249509184723746816_n.jpg

18 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wouldn’t windy hill be a song considering the stage is there?

That's right, I completely forgot about that. I was trying to consider games from all of Sonic's history when coming up with my "dream track list", but I completely spaced on Sonic Lost World, which will obviously get music representation considering there's a stage from that game in Ultimate.

Realistically, I'm expecting the song list from the Sonic series in Ultimate to be pretty similar to Smash Wii U's, but part of me is still hoping that they'll have a bit more level music covered this time.

I don’t know if anybody said this yet, but if Shadow is the one that ends up being an echo of Sonic, isn’t it weird that Kunckles ended up being an assist trophy instead of Tails (who doesn’t seem to be in the game at all)?

23 minutes ago, 51010R said:

I don’t know if anybody said this yet, but if Shadow is the one that ends up being an echo of Sonic, isn’t it weird that Kunckles ended up being an assist trophy instead of Tails (who doesn’t seem to be in the game at all)?

Tails technically is in the game, he’s one of the background characters of Green Hill.

That said, I prefer Knuckles as the assist. Not only because if the echo fighter Shadow rumour ends up being true, we’d have both of Sonic’s main rivals in the game as technical fighters or assists, but it keeps the relative idea of Sonic’s assist being one of his rivals.

I suppose you could make the argument that Knuckles is just easier to make into an assist due to his strength, compared to Tails’ flight. While you could use a few attacks from other games for Tails (his spin attack from Adventure, ring capsule fakes from 06), it could take more effort compared to Knuckles who’s attacks could generally be simpler.

At the end, it’s all speculation while Tails got left out. Personally though, I would’ve went either way because I feel Knuckles is as iconic as Tails anyways so it’s not hugely an issue.

Personally, if I wanted Tails and not as a fighter (I really would like him as a fighter), I think it could be cool if he was like the Ice Climbers Or Rosalina with Sonic, where Sonic can call him in and he’ll fly in to help perform a few team moves from Sonic 4 like the Super Spindash for example.

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Tails technically is in the game, he’s one of the background characters of Green Hill.

That said, I prefer Knuckles as the assist. Not only because if the echo fighter Shadow rumour ends up being true, we’d have both of Sonic’s main rivals in the game as technical fighters or assists, but it keeps the relative idea of Sonic’s assist being one of his rivals.

I suppose you could make the argument that Knuckles is just easier to make into an assist due to his strength, compared to Tails’ flight. While you could use a few attacks from other games for Tails (his spin attack from Adventure, ring capsule fakes from 06), it could take more effort compared to Knuckles who’s attacks could generally be simpler.

At the end, it’s all speculation while Tails got left out. Personally though, I would’ve went either way because I feel Knuckles is as iconic as Tails anyways so it’s not hugely an issue.

Personally, if I wanted Tails and not as a fighter (I really would like him as a fighter), I think it could be cool if he was like the Ice Climbers Or Rosalina with Sonic, where Sonic can call him in and he’ll fly in to help perform a few team moves from Sonic 4 like the Super Spindash for example.

It's just weird to me having Sonic and Knuckles without having Tails. But I guess the theme of keeping the assist trophy a rival does make sense.

We'll have to wait and see.

Calling it Now:

Next New Characters will be Skull Kid, Geno and my boy Isaac, and the next Echos will be Shadow, Isabelle and Ken  (Nothing New there)

Stages will be Sol Sanctum (Golden Sun), Melee's Final Destination, and some SMRPG stage

New music will be "All Hail Shadow, " "Forest Maze," "Isaac's Theme (Would REALLY love to Smash to this)," "Ken's Theme," and "(The ever creepy) Skull Kid's Theme"

Either Felix or Matthew will be Isaac's echo

New Assist Trophies: Felix/Matthew/Alex, Mallow, and Digby

And, if the Pokemon really isn't Decidueye, then I'm going with either Incineroar, Zeraora, or Sivally

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

He could still be DLC or an extra surprise character (Just being optimistic)

On 8/24/2018 at 2:26 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

I know one thing: If Black Shadow from F-Zero joins smash I have a perfect idea for a trailer:

Sonic and Falcon fight to see who's the fastest. Then they attacked by their respective rivals/enemies.

Then they got introduced "Shadow the Hedgehog"  and "Black Shadow". Then they look at each other very angrily and start fighting.

I avoid indulging "totally certain" leaks like one above, but did anyone asked for Bandana Waddle Dee? I would take Yarn Kirby/Prince Fluff or Dark Matter over him any time of a day. And if Tekken is in Smash, then I'm want Mortal Kombat in next one. It was one.... original gameboy I think?

I'd love Bandana Dee!  Sidekicks are the best!

Also, who'd want to have SA-X as a boss fight?

It could work like the Ditto Pokeball

Considering all this talk about Amiibo unlocking characters, I feel like this is almost too good to be true.  It practically takes the fun out of trying to find out what does what to unlock any new or old comers to the series

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tailikku said:

Considering all this talk about Amiibo unlocking characters, I feel like this is almost too good to be true.  It practically takes the fun out of trying to find out what does what to unlock any new or old comers to the series

At least it's optional. And it could be much worse: They could've locked characters behind amiibo.

• Nice Smile 1

The next reveal could be this:

Isaac, Skull Kid, Gen 7 Pokemon, Gen 7 POkemon Stage, Golden Sun Stage

This is because Sun vs Moon was HEAVILY hinted, as well as heroes and villains.

Isaac is from Golden Sun (The Sun)

Skull Kid summoned the Moon ('Nuff Said)

And Gen 7 was THE Sun and Moon Generation.

THe stages also only make sense to get announced.

We could also see a few surprises like an early announcement of Shadow, Isabelle, Ken (These three will happen), as well as maybe Felix/Matthew, Black Shadow, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/26/2018 at 3:05 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Tails would have worked fine as an Assist without even using melee attacks, though. He could have tried to carry you off the stage, or use the Tornado to fire projectiles and act as a platform. Not that I'm bothered, since I'm ok with either.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I remember there was a rumour back in Brawl days where a Tails AT would follow its summoner around and carry them back to the stage once if they were knocked off. I'd still much rather he be playable (Tails flight with a DK-esque command grab seems like a no-brainer to me) but that's a pretty nice compromise if you ask me. If anything annoys me about Knux, it's that he's pretty much an echo fighter in all but playability, from movement right down to giving him the homing attack for no other discernible reason.

Speaking of that actually, considering a lot of ATs are basically CPU only opponents now, including rewarding stock points for beating them, I have to wonder if you could make a secondary mode where you can fight permanent versions of them in actual matches. Or spread intermittedly through other modes instead, like 100 Man Smash did with regular fighters between waves of Alloys / Miis.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

After Chrom kind of shattered expectations of that echo fighters can be, I must admit. There is a chance that Tails could be an echo fighter of Sonic, just with some tweaked animations and maybe a different special or two.

• Thumbs Up 1

Too be honest if they are really into like deep authenticity to the classics, then you really could have like Tails and others be echo's of Sonic....since if we go by classic genesis rules, they pretty much play the same outside of like a move or two....

Though if Tails were an assist trophy, I could kinda dig if he was used to basically save you from falling into pits. An offensive Tails would be nice since he's been reduced over the years, but the former would be a unique usage as an assist trophy so I kinda prefer that.

• Promotion 1

1 hour ago, Blacklightning said:

Speaking of that actually, considering a lot of ATs are basically CPU only opponents now, including rewarding stock points for beating them, I have to wonder if you could make a secondary mode where you can fight permanent versions of them in actual matches. Or spread intermittedly through other modes instead, like 100 Man Smash did with regular fighters between waves of Alloys / Miis.

One idea I have for a potential Adventure Mode would be to include Assist Trophies, where the beatable ones can follow and aid you throughout the whole level, with an extended health bar. You can even get to pick who you want before starting a level, and maybe even have up to three at the same time, depending upon if there's multiplayer in it.

Spoiler

And yes, I'm implying that Waluigi can defeat that mode's final boss if you'd want

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Blacklightning said:

I remember there was a rumour back in Brawl days where a Tails AT would follow its summoner around and carry them back to the stage once if they were knocked off.

An ability like that has the potential to be completely useless. On a handful of levels like Flatworld or Onett, where it is impossible to achieve death by falling off the side, that ability would be mute.

Are there any examples of assist trophies that don't work on every stage? I may be forgetting something, but I can't think of a single one that can't perform its primary function regardless of stage - which makes me hesitant to put any stock in a rumor like that.

• Promotion 1

Simple compromise - make Tails's effect trigger specifically when you approach the blast zone on any side. That way it doesn't really matter whether it's a stage with walk off edges or not.

Granted, I feel walk off edges in of themselves are a huge plague in Smash stage design and they have glaring issues even in standard play, but I digress.

• Thumbs Up 3

I feel like Tails couldn't be an Assist Trophy since he's still on GHZ. If he were an Echo then they'd just make it so he doesn't appear when someone is playing as him (like Toon Link on the Spirit Train), but since Assist Trophies are random there isn't really a way to account for that, unless they made it so he never appears if Assist Trophies are set to on.

22 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I feel like Tails couldn't be an Assist Trophy since he's still on GHZ

Uh, you do know that Knuckles still shows up in the background there as well,  right?

• Thumbs Up 6