Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Well,  Nintendo did say that they've got big DLC plans for their first party titles. 

And given the Switch's planned lifetime,  that much dlc certainly sounds more likely than a Smash Ultimate 2.

Character slots are found that go unused in fighters fairly often, even in previous Smash bros games. They make more slots than what they need.

This isn't worth reading into unless you seriously believe Nintendo will charge well over $75 for all of the DLC in this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

News on the dataming front. 

Hide contents

Codec calls

are apparently back according to them showing up in the coding. Here's the weird thing though. 

Hide contents

Only for Brawl characters apparently. 

Spoiler

Disappointing if true, but not terribly surprising, I'm afraid. It's a lot easier and cheaper to do a handful of new Palutena's Guidance recordings (and apparently with soundalikes) than it is to do 40+ codec calls (I'm not even sure if the Smash 4 DLC characters got Guidances since they didn't previously). The game is being recorded non-union according to Ali Hills, so Nintendo cutting corners, recycling what they can, and just adding where necessary makes sense. I believe Hayter is back, but I can't imagine he's there in a big capacity outside of updated reacts and fight dialogue at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Zaysho said:
Spoiler

I believe Hayter is back, but I can't imagine he's there in a big capacity outside of updated reacts and fight dialogue at this point.

Oh he's definitely been confirmed to be back and then some. 

Spoiler

Chances are, he could be under NDA regarding codec calls. 

24 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Character slots are found that go unused in fighters fairly often, even in previous Smash bros games. They make more slots than what they need.

This isn't worth reading into unless you seriously believe Nintendo will charge well over $75 for all of the DLC in this game.

Again, like I said earlier. 

Spoiler

The has been wiped of the possibility that only 14 are paid unique newcomers while the other 16 would be echo fighters.

Echo fighters according to the first Season pass,  likely aren't going to fe their own  dlc paid dlc. Which makes sense,  given that they're essentially clones. 

That would prevent such a huge price despite such an abundance. 

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Hide contents

The has been wiped of the possibility that only 14 are paid unique newcomers while the other 16 would be echo fighters.

Echo fighters according to the first Season pass,  likely aren't going to fe their own  dlc paid dlc. Which makes sense,  given that they're essentially clones. 

That would prevent such a huge price despite such an abundance. 

That's...still $70. You know that, right. 70 dollars of DLC in a smash game.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I would probably dump the $70 for it, but I'm different than most people.  Melee was the first game I played, and that joy of experiencing a new experience was a bright dot in the sea of darkness that was the first five years of my life. It will forever hold a special place in my heart (Just like Pokemon, which was one of the few things I could watch on TV).  That's just me though.  I know many people wouldn't.

On 11/24/2018 at 2:23 PM, JezMM said:

I AM however very happy that Melee's Targets theme makes it's well-deserved return, that piece of music was too good to die in a minigame of a discontinued product.

Also, I'd like to mention that it isn't.  It is beloved in the fighting game community and has an HEAVILY active scene (Unlike Smash 4, Brawl and (In a month) Smash 4).  It was literally voted back into EVO after they removed it.  Only the top voted game got the spot, and ANY fighting game was applicable.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

The DLC for the Wii U version alone (characters, stages and Mii Costumes) add up to $74.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

8 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

The DLC for the Wii U version alone (characters, stages and Mii Costumes) add up to $74.

Just keeping up with the fighters is $35 though. I doubt Nintendo would go much further beyond that. They could just make a new game if they're going to put that many resources into it.

That's usually what they do when an add-on balloons in content like that.

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Just keeping up with the fighters is $35 though. I doubt Nintendo would go much further beyond that. They could just make a new game if they're going to put that many resources into it.

That's usually what they do when an add-on balloons in content like that.

Well I don't think 30 more characters are coming to Smash Ultimate myself, I just don't think the price has anything to do with its credibility or not.

13 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Also, I'd like to mention that it isn't.  It is beloved in the fighting game community and has an HEAVILY active scene (Unlike Smash 4, Brawl and (In a month) Smash 4).  It was literally voted back into EVO after they removed it.  Only the top voted game got the spot, and ANY fighting game was applicable.

When I said discontinued, I mean quite literally like, they don't make Melee discs anymore and it's never been re-released digitally.  It's not a product that is available to purchase in an official capacity.  I'm fully aware that it remains an extremely popular game in a competitive context, but said context is not one in which Break The Targets, the music track, is played.  So up until now, it, in the wide-scheme of things, Melee's Break the Targets theme became a fairly obscure Nintendo song, one a lot of players tend to forget exists until they hear it again etc. Since it was one of my fave songs and is brimming with nostalgia for me, I'm really happy it's been pulled up from those depths.

Oh, while I'm here, I have a simple but maybe hard-to-know question for those who are indulging in spoilers: Do we know how My Music handles the divide between "Mario" and "Yoshi" songs, in regards to their stages?  Melee Yoshi's Island is considered a "Yoshi" stage still according to the website, even though it comes from a "Mario" game with "Mario" music, so it'd be kind of weird if we can only use "Yoshi" series tracks on it, since the Mario World and Mario 3 remixes from Melee, its original songs, are "Mario" music tracks.  One of those nitty-gritty organisation things that I was super curious about but I doubt a lot of people would care too much for so understandable if no-one knows yet lol.

I don't know the specifics on the divide, but Yoshi's Island DOES seem to retain the SMW athletic theme in Ultimate:

Starts in the video at around 10:30ish.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some of the Spirits got leaked, one of them being from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. But the character's outfit got changed a bit.

It's Mythra.

ZwXhjcL.png

I think the pants/stockings are a bit too black, but otherwise I quite like it! I don't have a problem with the original design but yeah. I'm assuming they did this to keep the game rated E10 (although the file name did say Hikari, so it might be a JP only change... Then again I dunno how datamining works so I'm not sure what JP files would stay in overseas versions).

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Some of the Spirits got leaked, one of them being from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. But the character's outfit got changed a bit.

Hide contents

It's Mythra.

ZwXhjcL.png

I think the pants/stockings are a bit too black, but otherwise I quite like it! I don't have a problem with the original design but yeah. I'm assuming they did this to keep the game rated E10 (although the file name did say Hikari, so it might be a JP only change... Then again I dunno how datamining works so I'm not sure what JP files would stay in overseas versions).

Honestly an improvement I think. I liked the original design, but it did come off as too fanservicey. 

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Hide contents

It's Mythra.

ZwXhjcL.png

Spoiler

Mythra's design looks a lot better with the censorship lmao.

Meanwhile, I hear Spirit Pyra's still rocking the skintight leotard, and the hot pants/miniskirt thing with the belt bits that are there specifically to look like an exposed thong.

• Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

Yeah some of em don't seem edited. Like this one, for example.

PdrN7gn.jpg

Spoilered for size, but this Aisya girl from some obscure DS game, ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, is unchanged (I remember her from the Direct). It's not /too/ revealing compared to Mythra but you'd think they might have changed her shirt slightly.

13 minutes ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

Guys....

Reveal hidden contents

a ROM of Ultimate is up.... before it even came out....

Spoiler

Did the Switch get hacked already? Don't think a Switch emulator exists right now so having a ROM of Ultimate seems pointless without any way of playing it.

Just now, Blue Wisp said:
Spoiler

Did the Switch get hacked already? Don't think a Switch emulator exists right now so having a ROM of Ultimate seems pointless without any way of playing it.

Spoiler

It did for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:
  Hide contents

There was a exploit for Switch that’s seemingly unfixable due to it being a hardware flaw that was found months ago, and a Switch emulator is closer to working than you think. People have gotten Odyssey running on an emulator in a playable state so the ROM now apparently floating around is actually a really bad thing.

Hopefully Nintendo deals with it quickly.

Just now, tailsBOOM! said:

Sonic spirits list below:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.bc4a33ab96680010bdbfa8e7d3063446.png

Spoiler

Of course they had to include the Werehog, I mean, both Brawl and Sonic Unleashed came out 10 years ago.

• My Emmerdoods 1

5 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Also, how to unlock Sonic first thing:

Hide contents

Mario's Classic Mode

image.thumb.png.0dfaf0b942db167a5a4795009d24abda.png

Spoiler

I get it.... they were rivals!

but uh... the image didn't load...

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:
Spoiler

So.. Sonic is stuck in hell.... thanks game but i will unlock him in Classic Mode instead

• Thumbs Up 1