Sonictrainer

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - PLEASE SPOILER TAG LEAKS

@Ruomarta Mega Man. That's my guess.

Anyways, beat World of Light this morning. Ended with 100% since I went out of my way to fight everything on every map cause I wanted to unlock stuff on the ability chart.

Spoiler

I actually think the mode becomes a lot more interesting once you get to The Dark Realm, but the best part is easily The Final Battle. Makes sense that Palutena and Bayonetta are the final two characters you save considering everything going on, but I wasn't expecting to free Master Hand and Crazy from Galeem and Dharkon's control. Even MORE than that, Master Hand sticking around to help for a bit and us getting to PLAY as him after all of these years without some glitch, cheat or mod!? That was absolutely fantastic. And the build up for you climbing your way up to where Galeem and Dharkon are and then doing a good old fashioned Boss Rush? I really liked that a lot. For those of you reading those that have beaten the mode already, who was your final team for this part? I decided to go a little personal with it and make it Mario, Sonic and Mega Man. Aside from the "Three Kings of Platforming" shtick, they were my three childhood heroes and the entire reason I got into gaming. I've always wanted a game or a story where all three of them teamed up to take down some huge threat and this was the perfect chance to finally make that happen. I couldn't pass it up. Also, that 3-way fight, though. That was a very cool concept and it was executed very well without feeling balls-to-the-wall difficult or way too easy. I ended up cycling through everyone, but I somehow got an extra stock and ended up finishing off Galeem and Dharkon at the same time with the good ol' Super Jump Punch. Felt super satisfying.

All in all, I do think WoL went on WAY longer than it needed to, but it didn't get boring for me like FighterZ Story Mode did since the matches kept switching things up and the gameplay still felt really engaging, even when the CPUs were being total BS. There should have been more cutscenes, though. That's where FighterZ did better as keeping my interest in a different way. I guess they're both opposites. FighterZ had the cutscenes and characters moments/interactions while WoL had the gameplay and interesting scenarios. It basically felt like "Event Matches: The Campaign". I suppose that both helps and hinders it, but in the end, I did enjoy it very much. I might do New Game+, but not anytime soon. Gonna just play normal Smash matches and work on Classic Mode.

Gotta say, though, I REALLY love this game so much. There are problems I have with it, but I'm still having a great time and don't find myself hating to play it like I did with Smash 4. I don't think I'll have any interest in playing any new Smash games after this one, though. It's way too hard to top.

1 hour ago, Ruomarta said:

Finally clear Classic mode with intensity of 9.9. Can ya'll guess who that character was?B)

Hint: It wasn't a Nintendo rep character.

Challenge: Each person can only guess the character once.

Sonic

My sister who claims she sucks at these games (worse than me, who also sucks) is having a fun with WoL. She never showed much interest in the past series and kept losing in WoL, but I guess the one-stock quick fights and the whole aquiring/training/using different spirits in different situations feel accomplishing. She's doing better now that she's using Duckhunt and has a bunch of useful spirits. I'm not so interested, so been doing the Spirit Board. The roulette system SUCKS!!! Also some of the CPUs were darn hard. Had a hard time unlocking some of the characters. 

For DLCs, I guess the criteria for being "invited" is 1) From a game, 2)Main character/protagonist, 3) Iconic or is popular/trending rn...?

A few things about the Tails Spirit Battle

Spoiler

I wish he had the Super Leaf... Then he'd be two-tailed.  Also, I think that Emerald Hill should have been playing since Green Hill is more associated with Sonic while Emerald Hill is with him.  The blaster I was good with, and Knuckles was an awesome touch

Also, about the Knuckles Assist Trophy

Spoiler

I'd like to point out to everyone who complained that he was a copy of Sonic that he has his digging move, as well as a different aerial attack.  He does feel different and is a true challenge.

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

A few things about the Tails Spirit Battle

Hide contents

I wish he had the Super Leaf... Then he'd be two-tailed.  Also, I think that Emerald Hill should have been playing since Green Hill is more associated with Sonic while Emerald Hill is with him.  The blaster I was good with, and Knuckles was an awesome touch

It

was playing Emerald Hill during the fight

Finally finished World of Light here too:

I gotta say... I think people hyped it up too much.  Playing as Master Hand was a really fun surprise, the climb to the top was great, but the boss rush was INCREDIBLY unnecessary.  I died right on the cusp of beating the last one and playing them all over again - when I've played them all so many times in Classic already - became a total chore.  The actual final boss itself was great, but after putting time aside to face the climax during sociable hours so I could enjoy the music nice and loud, the whole thing took 2 hours from when I began fighting Darkrhon.  I see why people were saying the finale was drawn-out now... I thought they were talking about the Dark Realm and just didn't realise it was more of a "Part 2" rather than "Final Chapter" lol.

Either way the final boss music completely lost it's impact by playing for all three phases of the final boss - you listen to it for like, 20 minutes straight.  I kind of expected a non-ending, but it's a shame that, due to it going on so long, the credits music woke up my wife and mid-credits I had to turn the volume down... and yet I didn't care about the interruption because I wasn't mesmerised by anything happening on my TV at the time lol.

Yeah, overall it was all fine and good, just... really really overhyped.

Hey guys, I want to ask a question(remember this is for those that wasn't spoiled before actually playing the game itself).

What was it like to know that there was another god-like entity in World of Light? Shock, surprised, intrigued, confused?

3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Crazy Hand has existed for a while now, it's wasn't not that shocking.

Dude, I'm not talking about THAT entity.

Okay who is/was at war with Galeem?

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I just got Ultimate (along with DKC: Tropical Freeze and a Switch) since my family had Christmas early. What are y'all's overall thoughts on the game itself.

Fantastic game, best Classic mode, though World of Light can be a chore/time sink. It's got fun challenges, aggravating challenges, and goes on for too long for what it is. Spirit Board is just that again, but strictly challenges and kind of an annoying spirit get mini game.

So I guess to be simple. Top Notch Smash gameplay, but the modes surrounding it are lacking.

1 hour ago, Ruomarta said:

Hey guys, I want to ask a question(remember this is for those that wasn't spoiled before actually playing the game itself).

What was it like to know that there was another god-like entity in World of Light? Shock, surprised, intrigued, confused?

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Crazy Hand has existed for a while now, it's wasn't not that shocking.

There was also Tabuu and the Master Core. Even before that we were given Giga Bowser.

37 minutes ago, Christmas-Ellipsis said:

I think you're referring to 

Hide contents

Darkon?

Yes. What was your reaction when you saw that there was another god-like entity besides Galeem?