Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Oh really? Huh, guess that’s something to consider. Though should also keep in mind in Japan it’s already April 1st and i don’t think there’s anything happening over there yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m gonna take a shot in the dark and guess April 9th could be a possible drop for joker, since he didn’t drop today. That is when Persona 5 actual starts. Any other notable days this month to keep an eye out on? 

They could still announce it later if we're going with the Piranha Plant as precedence 

I could see them announcing his drop date today, but I just can’t see a drop of both Joker and 3.0 at this point happening today personally. Though I’d love to be wrong here!

• Promotion 1

👀

I know this doesn't confirm anything but I'd love for Master Chief to be in Smash.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Just now, KHCast said:

it’s just 2.2 and

Not even that. It's just 2.0.2.

• Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

Just now, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Not even that. It's just 2.0.2.

2.0.2 Birth by Sleep a fragmentary passage. That’s what I’m calling this disappointment 

• Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

On 1/29/2019 at 8:25 PM, Spidey3525 said:

Wow, surprised they added Multiplayer support for the Spirit Board. I wonder if they adjusted the difficulty to account for the extra players. I still would've preferred if they focused on adding local multiplayer support for Online Arenas first, though. Seriously, why can we have a local partner for Quick Play against strangers but not for Arenas with friends?

I had no idea that originally wasn't there. I had my friend over to play Smash with me recently and I just kind of went to the Spirit Board to see if we could do it together and we could. I just thought it was always there because I so rarely play games with friends. So apparently it updated and I had no clue that was a thing they added and not something that was already there.

Could they maybe add in an actual sequence of cutscenes? Or at least an actual ending to World of Light?

Nah. They'd just end up on Youtube. Can't do it. Ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Could they maybe add in an actual sequence of cutscenes? Or at least an actual ending to World of Light?

I'm pretty sure Sakurai would rather be overseeing the development for the new characters than writing out scenes for a story mode in a video game.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

I'm pretty sure Sakurai would rather be overseeing the development for the new characters than writing out scenes for a story mode in a video game.

As he should. That's not going to stop me from making pot-shots about the story though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The current theory is that Joker might be dropping alongside the update on Persona 5S on April 25th (not to be confused with the update on Persona 5R on April 24th).

7 hours ago, KHCast said:

2.0.2 Birth by Sleep a fragmentary passage. That’s what I’m calling this disappointment 

Let's be honest though. Joker's most likely coming in the 3.0.0 update this month. 

Coming out before the end of the month, doesn’t always mean he’s dropping end of the month. But it does seem like the best bet at this point with all the Persona news around that time. 

Best Buy leaked what Joker will look like in Smash, as well as leaked Persona 5 Switch. This render comes right from one of their promotional images, if it's true - 

Spoiler

Edit: Oof, seems I'm late. Still though, Best Buy just royally screwed the pooch here. I've seen some news outlets claiming Joker's release month might also be changed from April, although I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

HOLY CRAP GUYS!!!!  The official HALO account has said they want Master Chief in Smash!!!   I always thought they'd deny it if asked by Nintendo, but seems like they're down:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/random_halos_twitter_account_wants_master_chief_to_finish_the_fight_in_smash_bros_ultimate

The original tweet:

• Thumbs Up 1

This was literally posted on the same page just a few posts above you lol. Also frank O’Connor already said he’s not in 

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Also frank O’Connor already said he’s not in 

Not that that guarantees such anyway. 

I don’t see why a well respected person in the game industry would straight up lie like that instead of just remain quiet then? When in the past has a dev said, with indefinite wording, that their character is not going to be in, only for them to show up. If anything, that’s a good way to loose consumer trust. 

It COULD be him just trying to throw peoples sent off, but I highly doubt it, and it’s likely just a plain in site deconfirmation.

the tweet in question btw

The DLC characters were picked already by this point, so to me, you don’t make bold yes or no statements like that unless they’re definite, especially if you’re someone heavily tied to said franchise 

though, should there be another character pass, I can see Chief as one of the shoe-ins.

8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I don’t see why a well respected person in the game industry would straight up lie like that instead of just remain quiet then? When in the past has a dev said, with indefinite wording, that their character is not going to be in, only for them to show up. If anything, that’s a good way to loose consumer trust. 

It COULD be him just trying to throw peoples sent off, but I highly doubt it, and it’s likely just a plain in site deconfirmation.

the tweet in question btw

To me, you don’t make bold yes or no statements like that unless they’re definite, especially if you’re someone heavily tied to said franchise 

I mean he obviously wasn't going to say, "Yes."  I mean saying no makes it easier to defer questions that an ambiguous one.

So far for all these DLC characters or newcomers introduced in Smash, the developers simply wont draw attention. Or won’t comment. Atlus didn’t say “no Joker’s not in”, Konami didn’t say “no simons not in”, Capcom didn’t say “Megaman is not in”, Etc. They aren’t gonna say yes, but aren’t gonna blatantly lie and say no either. If creators are going to go out of their way to comment on a character like this, it’s probably a no.

this isn’t even bringing up how commenting on a tweet saying “what character do you want to see in Smash” at this point in the dlc’s development (when they’ve all already been picked and are likely under NDA) almost always seems like a deconfirmation

• Thumbs Up 1

Like how you left this response out, where he danced around the word yet, and changed subjects to Urban Champion: 

I don’t really see how that swings it in favor, just because the word “yet” is thrown in. That could still simply imply he’s not in this lineup of dlc characters, but could show up in a future fighter pass.  The topic change could be, well, because there isn’t much to say after the fact regarding Chief in Smash. There’s a reason no one is bringing up this extra comment of his. Like seriously, if he’s going to the effort of coming out to say the guys not in, something game devs rarely do if their character actually is getting in Smash, he’s more than likely not showing up. Sure there’s that small chance he’s just being a liar, but again, doubt it. And I’m saying this as someone that wants him in more than steve.