Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

So,  I guess what this debate chalks up to, is that it can go either way. 

Just now, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

To me it’s pretty open and shut. People seem to be looking way to into the guys comment, as the smash community typically does, and finding things and hints that probably aren’t actually there. Game devs with characters in Smash rarely if ever make blatant lying statements like that. He says it’s not happening, when he could have just ignored the tweet like most people would if their character actually is in and they’re under NDA.

• Absolutely 1

Good for you. From what I've seen though,  neither side really has definitive proof over the other. So,  we'll just have to wait and see.

• Promotion 1

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Exactly.  We have no idea.  He avoided the second question, answered the first.  It could mean many things, and he isn't deconfirmed as someone isn't going to up and say their character is in, because that is a very dumb idea.

3 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

It could mean many things, and he isn't deconfirmed as someone isn't going to up and say their character is in, because that is a very dumb idea.

I see we’re  ignoring the point I’ve made of every other 3rd party newcomer’s company not saying blatant No’s regarding their inclusion in Smash. At best, it’s tiny teases but if you can show me an instance where a “no he’s not in” was just done to throw people off their scent, I’ll eat my words

Why are we taking social media accounts having fun with their followers as any kind of indication for what's planned?

Funimation made a "Goku for Smash" post months ago for crying out loud.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Why are we taking social media accounts having fun with their followers as any kind of indication for what's planned?

Funimation made a "Goku for Smash" post months ago for crying out loud.

Precisely.  Him saying no on social media is like taking one of the Sonic Twitter tweets as canon.  Which is what I've been saying exactly.

4 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Precisely.  Him saying no on social media is like taking one of the Sonic Twitter tweets as canon.  Which is what I've been saying exactly.

Except he wasn’t making a joke response or “just having fun and teasing” like the halo twitter was. He was pretty clearly answering a question when he didn’t need to say anything. It’s not like him not responding to a random on Twitter would have drawn people’s speculation.

And you still haven’t responded to my point about no other companies so far doing this to hide their characters inclusion 

10 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

....how is Frank O’Connor blatantly answering something in a yes or no fashion the equivalent of the halo twitter having fun with their followers by responding to a tweet asking who they’d want in smash bros, or the Sonic twitter making jokes and saying it’s canon? I think it’s easy to distinguish which one to take more seriously than the other 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is really fucking obnoxious and it's odd because I wasn't, uh, agreeing with you in the first place. Like how do you spin what I said into somehow agreeing that maybe this guy saying "no" might be a misdirection? I was referring to the main Halo account since I didn't see the thing with O'Connor (who wasn't misdirecting) and I thought the entire argument that "IT CAN TOTALLY GO EITHER WAY" is legitimately dumb.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

It really sickens me to tears that a straight "yes or no" answer doesn't seem to matter these days.

Yes is yes, no is no.

There is no "they're hiding it" or misdirection, he gave us a clear bloody answer. And not replying to a question doesn't mean yes or no either, it just means they're not at liberty to discuss it. These are things I wish would be understood with everything that happens lately.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh hey, my theory from yesterday got shared by Billy lol. Though reading back at it, yeah I knew point 5 was more a “it’d be cool” and less a valid point helping lol. Point 3 I guess I can see his argument against it. RE already has a Nintendo history, and having your games on switch aren’t guarantees, so this isn’t really a point in favor either. Overall, I just appreciate him taking the time to read and give his thoughts on it haha

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2019/04/04/atlus-persona-5-switch-shin-megami-tensei-v-joker-smash-bros/

Interesting points from the interview:

• Just as Sakurai loves the Persona series; ex-Atlus CEO and current member of the board of directors for both SEGA and Atlus Naoto Hiraoka loves Smash, so it was easy and fast for them to agree to it (Hiraoka's love of the series gives me hope that we may see more music/spirits than normal for a third-party series, considering he'd have a large part in the decision)
  • He was unable to discuss the details at this of a potential Persona 5 port for Switch, but he did say that the Switch is a "very charismatic console."
  • Some development notes on SMT 5.
  • Thumbs Up 1

So this tweet has been stirring up discussion about Steve in Smash. It’s more a tease than any actual yes or no confirmation, but it does have me curious. Though from what I recall, Aubrey only works in PR for Minecraft so not sure if this really means much. Thoughts? 

971B895E-9441-45D9-82A3-C9B785BB6C7F.jpeg

Well if we are to believe many leakers

Spoiler

Then he's practically already confirmed.  Both Vergeben and the Joker/Erdrick/Granblue/Persona 5R guy anonymous poster said he's in.

Just now, tailsBOOM! said:

Well if we are to believe many leakers

Reveal hidden contents

Then he's practically already confirmed.  Both Vergeben and the Joker/Erdrick/Granblue/Persona 5R guy anonymous poster said he's in.

Also,  Sakurai confirmed that Joker is coming "very soon" https://nintendosoup.com/sakurai-joker-is-coming-to-smash-bros-ultimate-very-soon/

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

Hey, has anyone ever mentioned Adeleine from Kirby 64 as a fighter?

Only all of GameFAQs ... sigh.  They want her, but any character who isn't Link, Solaire or someone similar who wields a sword (Such as Isaac, Magnus, Sephiroth, Crono, etc.) is unwanted due to being a "generic anime swordsman." 

Hey, who wants to make an Echo Fighter? Only rule is that your Echo can only be from the series as the characters they’re echoing.

-Sonic; 38ε Shadow

-Donkey Kong; 02ε DK Jr.

-Ness; 10ε Ninten

-Cloud; 61ε Zack Fair

-Captain Falcon; 11ε Black Shadow

-Meta Knight; 27ε Galacta Knight

-Bayonetta; 63ε Jeanne

-Roy; Looking back, I think 25ε should’ve been Eliwood. Eliwood could maybe be a mix of Roy and Ike.

So what’s in your creative gears, guys?

On 4/5/2019 at 8:01 PM, tailsBOOM! said:

Only all of GameFAQs ... sigh.  They want her, but any character who isn't Link, Solaire or someone similar who wields a sword (Such as Isaac, Magnus, Sephiroth, Crono, etc.) is unwanted due to being a "generic anime swordsman." 

Lloyd is Anime Swordsman with 2 swords...totally different.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Lloyd is Anime Swordsman with 2 swords...totally different.

Now that I think about it, I really would like to have Lloyd in the game. Tales of Symphonia was one of my games growing up, and one of the few RPGs I have actually beaten. Plus, he already has some exposure in Smash with the Mii costume, and he's pretty much one of the major poster boys for the "Tales of" series (besides Yuri and maybe Luke). He'd make perfect sense for Smash.

2 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Hey, who wants to make an Echo Fighter? Only rule is that your Echo can only be from the series as the characters they’re echoing.

-Sonic; 38ε Shadow

-Donkey Kong; 02ε DK Jr.

-Ness; 10ε Ninten

-Cloud; 61ε Zack Fair

-Captain Falcon; 11ε Black Shadow

-Meta Knight; 27ε Galacta Knight

-Bayonetta; 63ε Jeanne

-Roy; Looking back, I think 25ε should’ve been Eliwood. Eliwood could maybe be a mix of Roy and Ike.

So what’s in your creative gears, guys?

-Shadow: See my earlier post as to why he can't be an Echo. Also, already in as an AT

-DK Jr.: You already have him as DK

-Ninten: Too similar, also in as a Spirit

-Zack: Could work

-BS: Already in as a Spirit

-GK: Already one of MK's costumes

-Jeanne: Already one of Bayo's costumes and two Spirits

-Eliwood: 25' is already occupied by a mix of Roy and Ike, Chrom.

And on top of this, Ken is our final Echo Fighter, for now.  All future DLC will be original and not ascended ATs or Spirits.

16 minutes ago, Tailikku said:

-Shadow: See my earlier post as to why he can't be an Echo. Also, already in as an AT

And on top of this, Ken is our final Echo Fighter, for now.  All future DLC will be original and not ascended ATs or Spirits.

I wanted to do this for fun. Your opinion on these is all well and good, but I’m not just blatantly hoping for more Echoes.

Also, read Eliwood; I said that he should’ve been Roy’s Echo.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

41 minutes ago, Tailikku said:

Spirits don't deconfirm.  We've literally had 3 characters in Smash 4 who were trophies.  I honestly don't get the confusion when Smash Ultimate's DLC seems to follow the pattern of Smash 4 very closely, except for there's  Fighter pass this time around (Down to the point that Joker and MewTwo's delay between announcement and drop have already been very close, especially if Joker does drop as intended before the end of the month).