Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Sakurai is an admitted Persona fanboy. I’d imagine he wanted as much as he could get when he finally got the rights to use Persona.

What is the colour alts referencing though?

• Thumbs Up 1

Make way for them new spirits buds!

Spoiler

98db43fd-2bbb-4aa0-951f-6f059dbfcd2f-jpe

4f272ca0-cb43-4a1a-8d04-63f7a2724d8a-jpe

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Sakurai is an admitted Persona fanboy. I’d imagine he wanted as much as he could get when he finally got the rights to use Persona.

What is the colour alts referencing though?

Pancake is definitely the red and white, blue is maybe a velvet room reference?

Just now, KHCast said:

Pancake is definitely the red and white 

That one is obvious enough, but I meant the red, blue, yellow etc.

My best guess is one is meant to be the Valet Room outfit, while another is meant to be Ann’s thief outfit. But it could be a smash original.

Personally, as greedy as it is, I kinda wish we could’ve gotten the Dancing All Night costume too.

34 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

screenshot_20190416-210312_youtube-jpg.2

So glad to see that DLC characters will be added to the banner!

And Morganna (AKA Sakurai's favorite character from Persona 5 even though "he doesn't have one," yet drew art of him and has a figurine of him too)..

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Kirby looks simply magnificent 

B0701DCD-BBB3-4E26-A315-06129D807926.jpeg

Can't believe we're gonna see that boy wielding a pistol. And/or a persona.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Kirby looks simply magnificent 

B0701DCD-BBB3-4E26-A315-06129D807926.jpeg

Those eyes... they haunt me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yknow as awesome as the mementos stage is, I kinda wish there was a few persona Q songs so the stage would have a mix of the colors 

Holy Frick that came out of NOWHERE

THE MEMENTOS STAGE IS AWESOME

THOSE MOVES ARE PROMISING

AND THEY USED THE ALL OUT ATTACK FOR THE FINAL SMASH YESSSSSS

I LOVE THE REFERENCES HERE!!!

• Promotion 1

Joker looks badass and I can't wait to try him...after work >.>

What ended up happening with those "Jane" parameters? wasn't there even ponytail physics?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, StratusAsterion said:

Joker looks badass and I can't wait to try him...after work >.>

What ended up happening with those "Jane" parameters? wasn't there even ponytail physics?

I think they were used for either Morgana's tail or the hair on some of the female Phantom Theives

8 minutes ago, StratusAsterion said:

Best thing about the lack of the alleged "Jane" fighter or Jack Frost is that their absence murders the 5chan leaks.

I'm gonna help people with their hype. I expected the update to drop by now, but obviously it hasn't. So I did the smart thing and checked Nintendo's own maintenance schedule and most likely, after the maintenance the update will be live. So that's 7:30 PM PST.

We have 12 and a half hours before Joker drops.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Best thing about the lack of the alleged "Jane" fighter or Jack Frost is that their absence murders the 5chan leaks.

Well Jane was supposedly in the code by someone who is known for data mining from what I understand.  So maybe that is one of the other DLC characters (Lara Croft? Edelgard?  Yuri?) 

9 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Well Jane was supposedly in the code by someone who is known for data mining from what I understand.  So maybe that is one of the other DLC characters (Lara Croft? Edelgard?  Yuri?) 

That's pretty much a no-go since "Jane" showed up in Joker's data.

Regardless of that, the 5chan leaks said that Joker would be getting a female alt. The aforementioned "Jane" that everyone thought she would be.

7 minutes ago, StratusAsterion said:

Wonder what the chance of "Jane" being a free Echo fighter is for people who have Joker 😕

Considering the comment of echoes not being dlc for the season fighters, not looking likely.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to admit that seeing the Tails costume,while cool that I can dress up my Mii, also hurt.  This is the second Smash reveal/show off event (The previous being the November direct) where one of my two most wanted were practically deconfirmed (No assist trophy has been promoted, and no dlc Mii Fighter has made it in as DLC).  I have to hope for the best.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

2 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I have to admit that seeing the Tails costume,while cool that I can dress up my Mii, also hurt.  This is the second Smash reveal/show off event (The previous being the November direct) where one of my two most wanted were practically deconfirmed (No assist trophy has been promoted, and no dlc Mii Fighter has made it in as DLC).  I have to hope for the best.

Hey, look on the bright side. At least he's actually in Smash in some capacity. More than you can say for someone like Phoenix Wright.

Everything Persona is amazing! His Final Smash is perfect and exactly what I wanted, and Joker looks fun to play with even though he's not entirely unique.

I fully expected that Yu Narukami would be a Mii Costume, there was no way he wouldn't be. What I didn't expect is the Persona 3 and 4 music, these games got more representation than I thought they would which is really amazing.

As for the Sonic costumes, I'm glad Knuckles is back but why can't we get new Sonic costumes already? Amy would be perfect as a Mii Swordfighter, also maybe an Eggman costume would be funny.

• Thumbs Up 2

Release time is confirmed - 9pm EST/3am GMT if the Smash Reddit is to be believed.

• Thumbs Up 2