Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

28 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Composer does not equal knowing information.  People like Motoi Sakuraba and ACE often do remixes for games they never worked on.  He isn't even employed by Microsoft, nor does he own the music.  For Christ's sake, the creators of characters aren't always in the know about this, so I don't see why the musician would have to.

I said if he worked on a track for the game he would know something. That's it. I didn't say or imply anything else. Don't put words in my mouth and don't take a tone with me over this nonsense because I'm not seriously invested in it. I don't care if banjo gets in and I generally dont care for the speculation circle jerk. 

12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It’s not clickbait,

Ehhh it's pretty much clickbait. So much time is wasted overhyping and overanalyzing meaningless statements, whether they're being interpreted for or against a character.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm kinda in the middle when it comes to excitement for DLC characters... The ones I really wanted (Shadow and Isaac) are ATs and I don't know how likely Elma is at this point.

Aside from Sora, I don't have much of an attachment to any other characters (that have a chance of getting in at least). No one in the rumors are characters I really like either. I'm sure I'd enjoy playing as them (like Joker, although I thought he'd be awesome even though I hadn't played P5), but that's it.

I used to want Banjo quite a bit but at this point I'm pretty indifferent to his inclusion... Although I suppose I lean closer to "I'd like him to be playable".

Anyway, supposing we do get more Smash info at E3, you think it's possible we could learn about more than one character?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Ehhh it's pretty much clickbait. So much time is wasted overhyping and overanalyzing meaningless statements, whether they're being interpreted for or against a character.

Fair enough when put that way, however it’s nevertheless, discussion value to many. You can’t say it’s not when to many in the Smash fandom it’s what people talk about whether casually or not. 

2 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I'm kinda in the middle when it comes to excitement for DLC characters... The ones I really wanted (Shadow and Isaac) are ATs and I don't know how likely Elma is at this point.

Aside from Sora, I don't have much of an attachment to any other characters (that have a chance of getting in at least). No one in the rumors are characters I really like either. I'm sure I'd enjoy playing as them (like Joker, although I thought he'd be awesome even though I hadn't played P5), but that's it.

I used to want Banjo quite a bit but at this point I'm pretty indifferent to his inclusion... Although I suppose I lean closer to "I'd like him to be playable".

Anyway, supposing we do get more Smash info at E3, you think it's possible we could learn about more than one character?

Possibly, but only if they were to do a shadow drop of one character (Like they did Ryu and Roy in Smash 4) and prepare us for the one after.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd be happy to see Dante the most out of anyone but I'd be okay with whoever as long as they added something fresh to the gameplay. 

With that criteria in mind, the Minecraft idea intrigues me a lot. A character that could build new parts of a stage would be insane. 

I’m hopeful for a Bethesda or Resident Evil character to be announced at E3. If Microsoft were to get anyone, at this point Steve or Chief I’d be into. Ultimately though I’d be down for anyone regardless of what I feel chances wise.

but most of all, I’m hopeful for more modes to be added or revealed. Like I know it’s a stretch, but Smash Run would be neat to see return 

2 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Even when all hope seems lost, I'm still rooting for Tails anyways XP

Me too.

When it comes to Bethesda I'd actually prefer an Oblivion character over the Skyrim one. I get the Skyrim one is more recognizable BUT I'm biased towards Oblivion, hehe.

Although I feel like Oblivion gates and demons might be too much for an E10 game, all things considered.

Personally, I don't expect Banjo to be DLC just because of all of the Minecraft rumblings we've heard even before this game was revealed. It's a big name franchise that makes perfect sense to be represented in Smash while Banjo still barely gets any play these days. I'm not saying it's impossible and I certainly would love to be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

I'm of the same mind about Geno as well. He's my personal pipe dream fighter, but all the Dragon Quest speculation just makes too much sense for me to believe he has a serious chance. (Especially since Nintendo themselves picked the DLC fighters.) At this point, I'm just going into E3 eager to see ANY DLC reveals and I have no real "wishlist" hopes for announcements in regards to them. (Except for them to offer the Geno Mii Costume again. THAT I think has a high chance of happening.) I already got Wolf back and K. Rool, so anything else added to the roster is basically a cherry on top of the world's best sundae.

I want to also make clear I’m not rooting for or against anyone. I’d love to be wrong on guys like Sora and Banjo since I actually want them(I was rooting for Sora and arguing for him for a long time to people annoyance, and hilariously people are annoyed now that I’m on the other side) but I just feel a certain way about certain characters chances.

• Thumbs Up 2

I want Banjo as much as the next guy but people ought to temper their expectations. It's true that Grant doesn't work at RARE anymore, and that he wouldn't need to be informed about whether or not they made it into the game. But just because he wouldn't need to hear about it doesn't mean he couldn't hear about it. We know he's still got friends at the company, and it's not unthinkable for info to have made its way down the grapevine to him. "FrieNDAs" are very much a thing. 

Personally, I'm inclined to take Grant's "don't hold your breath" comment at face value and say that he's just giving his own opinion, and I do still think Banjo has a shot. I just think all of the "this means nothing" comments are being too dismissive. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I’m sorry, I can’t stop laughing at this. I really can’t get through this “leak” vid without wondering if the video creator is really that gullible. I mean, Yarny would be interesting sure, but he’s just such a obscure character that nobody really knows or cares about, and is so new to the scene, I can’t see them being sellable  DLC. And the leak itself just looks easily fabricated 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sooooo everyone seems to want 3rd Party DLC, does anyone actually want Nintendo characters? :P

#SomeoneWhoIsStillSaltySyluxProbablyHasNoChanceAnymore

What I'd give for Phoenix Wright. As stated before, when it comes to Capcom characters not yet in Smash, he consistently polls the highest. Would love to see that dedication come to fruition.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, StratusAsterion said:

Sooooo everyone seems to want 3rd Party DLC, does anyone actually want Nintendo characters? :P

#SomeoneWhoIsStillSaltySyluxProbablyHasNoChanceAnymore

Sylux never had any chances.

Now stop hogging the salt, there is high demand for it.Shaaaadow

As I've said, Isaac and Elma are the only two characters I really wanted, and they're Nintendo. I can't think of any other 1st party characters I actually want.

Speaking of 3rd party though I'd love Master Chief to be playable.

Is Wonder Red a 3rd party, or is he Nintendo? Cause he’s probably the only new franchise character I’d wanna see that’s a Nintendo character.

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as Nintendo characters go all the smash fan hype beast characters are lame so I want more stupid shit like piranha plant

A Metroid that doubles as an air fighter and a grappler that has life steal

cranky kong finally implementing ducktales mechanics in smash

balloon fighter because villager is a fraud

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Is Wonder Red a 3rd party, or is he Nintendo? Cause he’s probably the only new franchise character I’d wanna see that’s a Nintendo character.

Yes, he’s Nintendo. Platinum Games are the ones who developed his own game.

Personally the characters I wanted most pre-release were either not used at all despite being a good time to introduce them (Elma), turned into Assist Trophies (Shadow or Knuckles) or costumes (Rex, but also Nia). I lowered my expectations on the fighter pass with Joker's reveal, though I am glad that his treatment means whatever gets in will get a lot of care and attention, so I'm sure whatever gets revealed will at least be cool even if I have no intention of buying them.

You know what, we live in an era where a practically near Sony-exclusive character got into Smash based on the goodwill of the Smash creator. 

Give us Cash Banooca Nintendy

• Thumbs Up 2